[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

1 minute ago, qromodynmc said:

we still miss mk2 bomb bay

Mk2 or Size 2? I want to have Size 2 parts as well, but I want them to be packed with certain parts. So I can just call them collectively for the forum title. Also, I'm lazy. :P But expect it in the future, I do plan to implement it.

1 minute ago, blackheart612 said:

Mk2 or Size 2? I want to have Size 2 parts as well, but I want them to be packed with certain parts. So I can just call them collectively for the forum title. Also, I'm lazy. :P But expect it in the future, I do plan to implement it.

You know, the airliner parts ))

1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

@qromodynmc @kiwinanday 
These prototype pontoons are made to be used as 1.25m sized as well. In case it wasn't clear, there are 3 parts to this, a "nosecone" type, "fuselage" type and "tailboom" type of pontoon, making it like the plane parts and modular. If these are sized 1.25m, you could make the same pontoons as most planes. The only reason it was sized 2.5m is for it to be clipped on 2.5m fuselages or, if for some reason you wanted to have huge pontoons.
I'm having a rough time with this idea because I kind of don't like the making of new parts specifically for seaplanes because it's kind of straying too far so I'd like it to be largely optional. So if it doesn't work out, it might become just 1.25m or smaller in the end, or not be released at all. The problem I have is how the "nosecone" and "tailboom" will be flushed together with the clipped part, unless it's not clipped and just a pontoon of course. Else, it's really going to need its own set of parts.

Yeah, i agree with @qromodynmc.  They don't really look that good. It might sound a bit pushy, but why not a new kind of cockpit? Just for flying boats, based on the clipper. (because thats the flying boat everyone knows) If i had some knowlegde on 3d moddeling, i'd help you, but i don't have that knowledge xD. Just those three parts that you listed above, the cockpit, fuselage and tailpiece, nothing else. Just some advice! And yeah, keep the pontoons you have now as normal "exterior pontoons" like the Twin Otter. 

2 minutes ago, kiwinanday said:

Is there an ETA on the new engine curves?

There is an unbelievable amount of going out I need to do in real life. I can't find time to do things right now due to people being in vacation. I try to squeeze in work from time to time, but it's slow. :P 

2 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

There is an unbelievable amount of going out I need to do in real life. I can't find time to do things right now due to people being in vacation. I try to squeeze in work from time to time, but it's slow. :P 

No problem! Real life first!

Hi, could anyone here give me an advice on my helicopter? When i was building small helicopters (size 1), they worked like a charm. Probably the reaction wheels were powerful enough. But i have a problem with size 2 helicopters - the higher the throttle, the more they tend to pitch up uncontrollably. I somehow solved it by positioning the main rotor slightly back, so that the CoT is a bit behind the CoM. But i still don't understand the reason of this behaviour, when the CoT a CoM are perfectly aligned and i would like to solve it a different way, because moving the CoT works at high speeds, but causes bad vehaviour while trying to hover. There are 5 large reaction wheels hidden inside (still not enough) and fuel is perfectly balanced, it doesn't shift the CoM at all, when it's being consumed. Here's the beauty:

1wCAV36.png

Edited by Salvator

7 minutes ago, Salvator said:

Hi, could anyone here give me an advice on my helicopter? When i was building small helicopters (size 1), they worked like a charm. Probably the reaction wheels were powerful enough. But i have a problem with size 2 helicopters - the higher the throttle, the more they tend to pitch up uncontrollably. I somehow solved it by positioning the main rotor slightly back, so that the CoT is a bit behind the CoM. But i still don't understand the reason of this behaviour, when the CoT a CoM are perfectly aligned and i would like to solve it a different way, because moving the CoT works at high speeds, but causes bad vehaviour while trying to hover. There are 5 large reaction wheels hidden inside (still not enough) and fuel is perfectly balanced, it doesn't shift the CoM at all, when it's being consumed. Here's the beauty:

1wCAV36.png

Yeah, it's because heli rotors doesnt have reaction wheels inside, i think @blackheart612

will look to it later. Rotors should be able to provide more control over crafts.

1 minute ago, qromodynmc said:

Yeah, it's because heli rotors doesnt have reaction wheels inside, i think @blackheart612

will look to it later. Rotors should be able to provide more control over crafts.

These aren't blackheart's rotors, they're from KRX so that i'm able to see the CoT, and they do have in-built reaction wheels. But even if they didn't, there are still 5 other size 2 reaction wheels inside the heli (only 2 can be seen) :D.

45 minutes ago, Salvator said:

These aren't blackheart's rotors, they're from KRX so that i'm able to see the CoT, and they do have in-built reaction wheels. But even if they didn't, there are still 5 other size 2 reaction wheels inside the heli (only 2 can be seen) :D.

Hmm, sorry didnt noticed krx parts.

Try disabling sas on rotor, maybe some parts conflicting with eachoters.

23 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

Hmm, sorry didnt noticed krx parts.

Try disabling sas on rotor, maybe some parts conflicting with eachoters.

No problem.

Well, that didn't help, but nevermind, with the CoT moved backwards it works fine, and it's controllable while hovering, so i'll go with that :)

@Salvator I don't know the reason for that behavior as well, but as I can remember, rotor or not, even stock KSP VTOLs tend to flip upwards when having too much throttle. I have a guess though, it might be the CoL affecting the craft's aerodynamics. It's like a turboprop pointed up with a weird bodyshape if it goes too fast. And it messes things up. That's why I recommend throttle control, which is linked in my OP.

It's massive overkill but my two Cheetah and one Tiger engines drown out any audio in the background (and I can't change volume levels without probably ruining everything on my computer. Can you PLEASE turn them down in the next update? My bleeding ears thank you

Edited by Fireheart318

Hi Blackheart

I haven't used used your mod yet but i like what I've seen on the thread so far and will be installing it as soon as I get my new computer set up.

I do have two suggestions that you might find useful.

1: Seaplane parts, if your still looking to attach them to the bottom of the mk3 parts you might want to take a look at the Shuttle lifting body system in the Cormorant Aeronology mod by Pak, they seem to attach in the same way you were describing.

2: Swing engine parts, I was originally considering asking if you could add a jet engine to the mod but then I thought it might be better if you could make a structural part with attachment nodes on the front and rear so that players could put on engines and intakes of their choice. Also do you think it would be feasible to make a mk0/0.625m equivelent?

I  just hope these suggestions are of some help.

Edited by Star-Eagle