[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

On 10/25/2016 at 4:40 AM, blackheart612 said:

@Veeltch I haven't been to space for a while now. :)

Also, flight test! Improved the NK-12 Model somehow. Broke some textures in the process so fixed the texture breaks on improvement.

JA4hMzX.jpg

Just function over performance for now.

Other pics:

Hide contents

RmgSOe5.pngoujn6ZY.pngw8RM7eR.png

This is a family forum and I can't say what I want to say. That said, I've been away from KSP while all my mods catch up (plus Stellaris), dig the Colt and Ascender. Those are 1.25m, yes?

3 hours ago, SSgt Baloo said:

Thanks, but I have no idea what to do with that file. I'll just wait for it to be fixed. That pusher engine looks sweet! I need to dig out some pics of the ascender so I can build my own.

@SSgt Baloo The same installation procedure :) Just copy GameData on root folder. It'll overwrite the file needed to be overwritten.

3 hours ago, kiwinanday said:

This is a family forum and I can't say what I want to say. That said, I've been away from KSP while all my mods catch up (plus Stellaris), dig the Colt and Ascender. Those are 1.25m, yes?

@kiwinanday Are you asking about the Kontraprops? Yep, 1.25m sized. I also have another idea, so a model might come up but I'm busy playing another game. :P hehehe

Edited by blackheart612

1.2.1 hit me today and I didn't know. I'm a savage. In any case, I've tested and it works for 1.2.1. But still, I'd like to update to latest with new parts soon. But for now, dev post because this one's a new part. It looks weird for now but it's based on TBM 900's engine. It's also Piaggio Avanti's engines. I guess it's kinda popular? But the blueprints are hard to find so it was hard to make, making my model a little bit wonky so bear with me here. I gotta fix some design issues with this but here it is for now:

Spoiler

phT7t6M.pngBBL9I0C.png

Alright, moving on to another engine, I've made another helicopter engine based from Bell 206. Now I don't know the specifics on how these turboshafts work and I've simplified the models too. So if anybody knows how turboshafts are supposed to look, please drop a feedback. Here's my take on the Bell 206 I was talking about together with the earlier skycrane engine design I made:

CjB06CZ.jpg6XJ17dS.jpg

Ingame names are "RR K250 'Maverick' Turboshaft Engine" and "K73 'Beluga' Turboshaft Engine"

I've tested the K250 ingame and here's how it looks:

Spoiler

4UCegZR.png

Edited by blackheart612

4 hours ago, Spran said:

I only get the propeller sound in one end of my headset..

This is a bug from firespitter itself. Some people made a fix for it by editing their sound configs using a fix but both idle and startup sounds will play on engines when you start them up.

Thanks for answering it, Murican_Jeb. In any case, it is in the OP... 

Meanwhile, I've been kinda busy since sunday but nothing serious. Back to work now. I've tested helicopter engines. I've been trying to figure it out. Apparently the recent FS helicopter hover system is broken - this is as far as I remember. I think it also crashed when I tried using one from FS itself. Not that I understand how to make one. So I've stuck to using engine modules. Which didn't really work out too well because the tail rotor is hard to figure out (I added a new tail rotor). So I don't know. I would prefer for another plugin not to come in play but it might be necessary. Maybe I could still update even if helicopter rotors are broken if the plugin doesn't update as fast as FS does. That aside, everything seems fine, I've handed the files over to Tanner for performance configs. Hopefully he finishes as fast as he can as he seems to be quite busy.

I've tested the helicopter engine sounds I just made from Bell 206. I've also made sounds for the TBM-900 prop as well. I'm currently enjoying very nicely sounding rotors. It's eargasm. Hope you don't mind pictures from the test.

rahSf3n.png

Spoiler

SW8xWXx.png

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

I'm making my own to learn IVAs and doing good so far. It's because I've become lazy exporting, modeling, and texturing over and over. So I decided to look up some tuts for IVAs.

That is good to know.

Great news! I'm back on track in IVA and doing very good so far. I've succesfully made my first ever prototype IVA. I'm now trying to learn how to use overlays properly. (That's the transparent windows.) Am I so happy to see it working at last. I hope there's no mind for too much pictures. I'm just too happy, I know I've posted a pic the previous post but this is another topic :D 

jT62XuU.png

This is how it looks IVA:

MA0vHFU.png