[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

13 hours ago, Skylon said:

Biplanes, biplanes, with no-oh wi-indscreen
Flying super ma-achine
My word they are awesome (sing to tune of Narwhals swimming in the ocean)9foA6Ms.png(Stock+Airplane plus) The cockpit is a passenger door.

Nice to know someone had the same idea as me. I made a Polkiparov I-153 with the same passenger-door cockpit. :D

Quick question.

You know the RPM configs for this mod? Does it require ASET Props or ASET Avionics for extra props?

And if not, can someone make it compatible with ASET stuff? I need more buttons to push and look at.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Howdy all. I installed this mod yesterday and noticed one little issue. With the Size 2 Cargo Bays I think the button state label is wrong. It says (to) Close when closed and (to) Open when open.

Yes, I had this issue too.

I think it was intended to show you the status of it instead of if you wanted to change it.

The KT6C "Kitty" engine has 3 options under the AG menu, Cargo Throttle, Hover Throttle and Normal Throttle What do they do? I've tried them and I didn't Notice anything, does it change the sensitivity of the throttle?

Edit: KT6A "Kitty" Doesn't have those options. The KT6C is the tilt rotar while the KT6C "Kitty" isn't.

Edit 2: Both the RR K56 "Titan" and the KP-12 "Bear" have these options but no other Airplane Plus engines do. The KT6C is the tilt rotar while the others are not.

Edit 3: On a side note, after playing around with the KT6C It would be nice to have a Half deploy option or negative/Invert deployment state. Would make it easier for a horizonal takeoff

Edited by Vjrcr
More Information

yes I have had this same question.  I bind the 3 throttle modes to action groups and in flight I switch between them, but I see no difference in thrust or speed or anything.  so I am not sure what exactly they are doing.

also it seems the K1710 is somehow nerfed.  the tooltip tells me it will produce 35nN yet Kerbal Engineer only shows 3.5kN and in flight the tool tip seems to agree with KE.  and to back all this up this aircraft cant get off the ground.  the craft only weighs about 8500kg as you can see.  I would expect 2 engines of this size to have no problem getting this thing up to 200 - 300m/s maybe even faster.

Screenshot%202017-07-17%2018.09.43.png

Screenshot%202017-07-17%2018.18.18.png

No matter how high their thrust is, some engines will never pass some speeds. Kraken for example, it will never pass 700kph (kinda underpowered since actual griffon engine didnt had any problems and griffon spitfires did around 740kmh.)

Edited by qromodynmc

well not just speed it will not get off the ground.  top speed is like 80kph

this reminded me of another plane I made a few days back who's performance was very underwhelming.  so I loaded it up and checked it out.  again KE and in flight agree the thrust of this engine is about 1/10 of the rated value. 

this one will fly ok but it topped out around 100kph.  I would have thought easy 300 to 400 or more.  this should be a very fast fighter.

Screenshot%202017-07-17%2018.31.04.png

Screenshot%202017-07-17%2018.35.01.png

I am beginning to wonder if some mod out there is doing a blanket nerf on engines. 

EDIT:

I just swapped out the engine on the P-38 inspired aircraft for one rated at 60kN and while KE does not report 60 as I would have expected it does show the thrust at 45kN which is a far cry better than the 3.5kN I was getting off this mod's engines that were rated at 35kN.  so this brings me back to the question are the engines in this mod somehow broken or is another mod altering them with MM or something to cause this?

Screenshot%202017-07-17%2019.03.27.png

Edited by Bit Fiddler

I tested this engine on my plane, yeah It does give 6kn static thrust when braked but quickly increases thrust after releasing brakes. This isnt wrong, it's intentional, rather related to implementing realistic acceleration of pistol planes.

anyway, with far I got 714kmh at sea level, kinda too much for this engine but cant complain.

jWgQr9.jpg

@JadeOfMaar It's reverse psychology, they'll never see it coming. I'll take a look at it.

@Bit Fiddler Seems like it's slower than it's tested to be doing, have you tried running with only Airplane Plus or perhaps just with KE just to see? Or maybe you could also find out the culprit if you try to check the mods, but it'll be a work. Regarding the fuel consumption of KT6C, people don't seem to use it that much, so I don't have feedback. I'm not great at testing how lengthy the engines function on practical use because of time constraints. If people here have complaints about it, I'll put the part on focus.

@Vjrcr I've taken a look at it. I'm not sure what it does but it's from an FS module that's on the config. Which I forgot why I'm using it at this point, actually, but certainly not intended, just included by the module.

Anyway, I really wanna add more parts but I'll be kept by the less than ideally functioning parts so I went on and fixed ALL the rotors. No more less than 1000RPM when at full angle, all rotors now have their designated weight capacity.

Maverick @ <3.8t
Twinblade @ <6.0t
Hawk @ <8.4t
Beluga @ <12.0t (Rotor is heavier than before)
Hippo @ <16.0t
Gemini @ <35.0t (x2 Engines)

Was a lot of testing but worth it, a lot of works behind the scene so probably another update with lots of fixes instead of parts coming soonTM.

Aside from that, of course some of the rotors have droops when they aren't spinning or not spinning fast enough. When blades start to blur, they flare upwards just like how it's supposed to now. Pics below

--

oYw1HTe.pngOWSJjrP.pngXQqUfoo.png

Edited by blackheart612

6 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

oh are these optimized for FAR?  maybe I need to look into that as I am not using FAR, but I know it makes the atmosphere less dense or something that allows faster airplanes.

They work in FAR (I have both installed), but I don't think it was optimised FAR. Also, you might need to use 1.2.2, unless you can find the dev build of FAR.

10 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

I've taken a look at it. I'm not sure what it does but it's from an FS module that's on the config. Which I forgot why I'm using it at this point, actually, but certainly not intended, just included by the module.

Could it have been an attempt to add an WEP (War Emergency Power) setting to some of the engine and never got around to it? Either way Thanks for the reply and for the nice little chart with litting capacity, now it's easier to make my Cargo Helicopters.

While trying to find the source of a fault spamming my KSP.log file to massive size I've found an error in one of your part config files.

-	MODEL
-	{
-		model = AirplanePlus/Parts/Structure and Fuel/size2structural/model
-		texture = placeholder , AirplanePlus/Parts/Payload/size2doortex1
-	}

+	MODEL
+	{
+		model = AirplanePlus/Parts/Structure and Fuel/size2structural/model
+		texture = placeholder , AirplanePlus/Parts/Payload/AirRamp/size2doortex1
+	}

It's only a simple path error, which then generates a file not found exception at run time.

14 hours ago, Vjrcr said:

Could it have been an attempt to add an WEP (War Emergency Power) setting to some of the engine and never got around to it? Either way Thanks for the reply and for the nice little chart with litting capacity, now it's easier to make my Cargo Helicopters.

fs had those configs a lot time ago, in KAX. Yeah, cargo mode would work like wep but it had no bad sides.

Actually blackheart can try to improve it, Add wep mode, but make sure it generates heat and leads to overheating. (US Pilot manuals put 5 minute limit on planes most of the time). It'd be nice detail!

ok so I ran a clean install with only Airplane Plus and Kerbal Engineer.

It still reports thrust as 3.5kN in KE rather than the 35kN reported by the part description.   so not sure if this is a KE problem or an Airplane Plus issue.  or if this is normal behavior and should just be ignored.

Can you make a C-130 cockpit?

And before people ask why don't I use Fantom Works, it's because when Vessel mover spawns my C-130, it shows that I have no control, even though it has a pilot.

It took a lot time but i managed to make WindowShine work on ap+ cockpits. It's supposed to be easy but photoshop wasted great deal of my time with incorrect dds files.

EDIT; Took some pics and edited them.

YOtv9RZ.jpg

i dont want to spam this thread with pics and cant make imgurl albums work so i'll post them in screenshot forum and share link here.

EDIT - 2;

Edited by qromodynmc

20 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

It took a lot time but i managed to make WindowShine work on ap+ cockpits. It's supposed to be easy but photoshop wasted great deal of my time with incorrect dds files.

EDIT; Took some pics and edited them.

YOtv9RZ.jpg

i dont want to spam this thread with pics and cant make imgurl albums work so i'll post them in screenshot forum and share link here.

EDIT - 2;

Jeeze!  Do you have configs for WindowShine?