Astro/Cosmonaut Heads for TextureReplacer

Alright, I've made a couple of test "Kerbal-ier" versions of Yuri and Valentina to see if they're any less likely to uncanny everyone's valley.

9rSxDnrh.png

1. Kerbal-ier Yuri Gagarin   2. Realistic Yuri Gagarin   3. Kerbal-ier Valentina Tereshkova   4. Realistic Valentina Tereshkova

Second, here's Scott Manley with his simplified self.

KqWn60Yh.png

If anyone wants to try them for themselves, they should be in the second imgur album in the OP.

Thoughts/Preferences?

Edited by Christronomy

I use Cetera's suits and I can't see your Buzz Lightyear suit in texture replacer ingame. The head work (as your others "strange but I like" new heads).

When I look at your files in comparison with Cetera's mod, I see you have only one file for your suit when the other has multiples files (for helmet, jetpack ,main and suit and also a strange pink NRM for each one). I'm pretty sure this is the cause of texture replacer not showing yours. And its a shame because now that I've seen it, I absolutely need one Buzz kerbal :)  (and I just can't not use the cetera's suit mod).

Could you look for a way to update your suit so it can work with this other suit mod ?

Also my feedback about your main faces project, I think the simpler the texture is , the better it look. By simpler I mean the green portion of the face should be "flat" with just the distinctive portion drawn. A bit like your simplified version of Scott Manley but with the green part even more flat (there is still some noise on your texture). Maybe full flat will look weird too so anyway your simplified version is the good way  :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH
grammar and mispelling

@HaArLiNsH I will certainly look into it! The strange pink image accompanying the suits is a Normal Map which is used to simulate more complex geometry and finer detail on low-polygon game models, in case you didn't already know!

Appreciate the feedback as well. I'll try an even more simplified version of them and see if it still retains the likeness. Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.