Connect I/O kRPC plugin

Linkpy

Poll :  

1. 1. Continuing the plugin developpement ?

• Yes
    • No

Hello guys.

I found a freeware named Connect I/O. It is very easy to add plugin to this software and... 659803Screenshot3.png

I think you know it, but "porting" kRPC to Connect I/O is very time consuming, so I'm doing a poll to know if I continue or not.

Thanks for your answers !

PS: Sorry for my bad english :c

Hi, I'm the kRPC developer - this sounds like a cool project! I probably wouldn't use this myself (I prefer writing my scripts using the python API) but am happy to lend assistance if you decide to take this further.

You got me thinking - could you automatically generate the plugin? I publish a JSON file for each of the kRPC DLLs (for example https://krpc.s3.amazonaws.com/deploy/v0.3.3/429.1/GameData/kRPC/KRPC.SpaceCenter.json) which lists all of the RPCs that they provide. I currently use these "definition files" to automatically generate the documentation website, and stub code for the client libraries. You could probably do something similar to generate the available nodes and any glue code for the Connect I/O plugin.

Thanks ! 

I think I can't automatically generate the plugin. Connect I/O use "nodes" and each node has its sockets. But I can't create custom sockets type, for example, for passing a ReferenceFrame object, I need to make a "ReferencePool" which contains all objects (execpt string, int, etc) and passing the ReferenceFrame with a ID. Then the node using this ID get the object from the ReferencePool. It's quite annoying. 

I saw I can open the Connect I/O solution in Visual Studio, and then maybe I can modify the software for allowing custom data, I need to check if it's possible. Thanks for the info !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.