This cool game called Robocraft

EnderKid2

I used to play it, and still get on every once in awhile. But my life has gotten busier. (and I got fallout 4)

Also, don't expect replies to a fourm in an hours time. Generally with web fourms wait 12-24 hours before you even begin to assume nobody has replied, longer if your topic/question is more obscure.

I played it like a year ago, it was great but then the devs decided to make it pay to win, change most of the game (which was a very bad idea) and basically screw with all the veterans just to make the game "more accessible" and now this game that was wonderful is pure garbage.

6 minutes ago, Fluburtur said:

I played it like a year ago, it was great but then the devs decided to make it pay to win, change most of the game (which was a very bad idea) and basically screw with all the veterans just to make the game "more accessible" and now this game that was wonderful is pure garbage.

Hey, guess what, it now has loot crates.

2 hours ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

Hey, guess what, it now has loot crates.

Is that a good or bad thing? I would say bad.

Before you had to earn points in battle to unlock parts, you had to choose the parts wisely and then build accordingly. Now it's pointless to play.

Saw it a while ago. It looked pretty cool. Then I realised it was "free to play", and I refuse to support games that adopt that business model. It sounds like my concerns were warranted in this particular case.

15 hours ago, cantab said:

Saw it a while ago. It looked pretty cool. Then I realised it was "free to play", and I refuse to support games that adopt that business model. It sounds like my concerns were warranted in this particular case.

"Loot crates" isn't really a good description. They're free to open and all that-you get one at the end of a match depending on your performance; higher-ranking crates give better stuff, crates in higher-level battles give better stuff, crates from longer games give more stuff. There's no real pay2win or anything-it's actually a very fair business model. You buy premium (which basically doubles your earnings) and you can buy lots of crates (IIRC it's $4 for 25 max-level crates.) Used to be you only paid premium currency for cosmetics, but now you get cosmetics free in crates and there's no premium currency. It's much better than, say, WoT or that kind of thing.

I'd recommend you watch Lathrix's let's play of the new system, actually.

Edited by Hobbes Novakoff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.