Silly question about output log file

Hi. 

I seem to have particular issues with certain mods not showing up anyhow(like Kerbal Flight Indicator and NavHud). They are not visible in blizzy's Toolbar either. 

Before I molest the modders for this issue, I wanted to ask first something abotu the output_log.txt. 

Right now, it seems to be a whoopin' 400MB. Been playing since KSP 1.0.5

My silly question: 

If I want to share the output_log, would I have to upload the 400mb or is this actually filled with a lot of old entries from older KSP versions and I can delete it so "I get a fresh, small log file"? 

I don't know if the log file is naturally that huge. If not,  i don't want to waste people's time unnecessarily

Thanks for any advice

Edited by Spraki

1 hour ago, Spraki said:

I don't know if the log file is naturally that huge.

The log will grow proportional to the length of a play session, and be overwritten when you restart the game... but 400MB is pretty huge, considering it's a text file. Sounds like something may be spamming errors into the log constantly. Take a look over it shortly after starting KSP (when it should be smaller) or install ExceptionDetector and see what crops up during play. Searching for the word "exception" and reading a few preceding lines may allow you to triage your own bugs, or at least narrow them down to a particular mod.

21 hours ago, steve_v said:

The log will grow proportional to the length of a play session, and be overwritten when you restart the game... but 400MB is pretty huge, considering it's a text file. Sounds like something may be spamming errors into the log constantly. Take a look over it shortly after starting KSP (when it should be smaller) or install ExceptionDetector and see what crops up during play. Searching for the word "exception" and reading a few preceding lines may allow you to triage your own bugs, or at least narrow them down to a particular mod.

Thanks. 

Mmh. yeah, I am certain that you are right on the spot. Cool -  I didn't know that existed. Maybe I can dig up the error without having to bug the modders after all (yet). 
May you never run out of dV. Or something. 

haha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.