Lego KSP

Hmmmmm.....Part of me is losing it over how cool this is. BUT another, bigger, smarter part, thinks that if you didn't know KSP, then there are better kits, and if you DO know KSP, then this is just a pale version of playing KSP.

Needs more detail/complexity to compete.

But still super cool.

I'm going to put my 'realistic boring old git' hat on for this one...

As much as I love the idea of KSP Lego, and would love to see it in the shops, I fear the overall interest may be too low to make it viable.

Those of us who know KSP will appreciate it, but I think very few of us are likely to buy much of it beyond a small kit or two for desk ornaments.

Those who don't know KSP will only buy it if they like the models.  Star Wars Lego is popular and viable commercially because Star Wars is popular.  If KSP really gets familiar 'out on the streets' then maybe there's enough potential interest out there to make it work, if KSP Lego can be so cool on its own that it raises awareness and interest in the game then that may work also, but sadly I fear not.

Going with @pandaman. LEGO is way more popular among children, who aren't into child-friendly yet punishingly uninviting games. Think of a six year old deciding between the Vehicle Assembly Building without any minifigures (!!!) or the Millenium Falcon.

I know which one I'd pick.

Edited by Guest

There've been quite a few KSP suggested sets before, but none got anyway. To be honest I think last "round" of these things, none of the "finalist" sets got put into production.

One aspect of this set I really like are the Kerbal microfigs, they work really well. Otherwise Lego do have spaceflight in general covered already, whether it's realistic stuff like the Lego City Space range or sci-fi stuff like the Star Wars licensing.

Now a NASA VAB in their fancy buildings range, that's something I can see Lego doing. (EDIT: Especially as there is already a NASA VAB model at Legoland Florida!)

Edited by cantab

7 hours ago, Mr. Spink said:

LEGO is way more popular among children, who aren't into child-friendly yet punishingly uninviting games. Think of a six year old deciding between the Vehicle Assembly Building without any minifigures (!!!) or the Millenium Falcon.

My five year old loves the KSP Lego project. Obviously, minifigs would have to be a part of the deal too.

It would definitely help build awareness of KSP if the big Youtubers who try it on their channels actually treated it like a game as opposed to something to heckle immaturely at.  People who don't know KSP and see that, they are just going to dismiss it.

15 hours ago, samstarman5 said:

It would definitely help build awareness of KSP if the big Youtubers who try it on their channels actually treated it like a game as opposed to something to heckle immaturely at.  People who don't know KSP and see that, they are just going to dismiss it.

The "big youtubers" resemble brain-damaged children slightly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.