[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

4 minutes ago, blackrack said:

nvm the mod is kronkus but what kind of planet is this

That moon has since disintegrated into the ring system due to a lack of love from users.
I pulled the Kronkus mod from my game data and tested again. Sarnus still has no ring.

I replaced the existing dll with your new one in the Kopernicus Plugins folder. Was that not correct? 

22 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

That moon has since disintegrated into the ring system due to a lack of love from users.
I pulled the Kronkus mod from my game data and tested again. Sarnus still has no ring.

I replaced the existing dll with your new one in the Kopernicus Plugins folder. Was that not correct? 

It's correct, so with the latest version of kronkus and Kopernicus I will have this issue?

1 minute ago, Red Shirt said:

And here is the ringless Sarnus:

Note that all 3 planets use the same cfg lines. I cut and pasted out of the Jool cfg into the other.

Can you check your log for errors? And what do you mean by "rotated the texture"?

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

Can you check your log for errors? And what do you mean by "rotated the texture"?

I literally rotated the texture jpg 90 degree counterclockwise (from file manager no less). 

I'll check on the errors. My potato takes several minutes to load and unload each time. I'll be back.

3 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

I literally rotated the texture jpg 90 degree counterclockwise (from file manager no less). 

And it works with the default shader before rotation? What about after?

Edited by blackrack

Just now, blackrack said:

And it works with the default shader?

Yeah the new ring shader requires ring textures to be rotated through 90 degrees to render correctly when compared with the old ring shader.

2 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Yeah the new ring shader requires ring textures to be rotated through 90 degrees to render correctly when compared with the old ring shader.

Well this is weird, I tested with Tellumo from galileo's planet pack the other day and it works correctly with both new and old shader, no rotations involved. Does this happen to every body or only certain ones?

Just now, The White Guardian said:

@blackrack did you use a horizontal texture by chance? Kopernicus automatically rotates them it seems. Rotating the texture makes the ring work regardless of new or old shaders.

Ok, thanks for the clarification, just looked at the texture file and it's horizontal.

4 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Sarnus' rings were never gone, the first pixel on the texture is just transparent

Makes sense - but I would never have known it without having it explained. So apparently Kronkus' rings first pixel is solid (ta da). I just checked the Jool texture, it was already horizontal. 

2 hours ago, Red Shirt said:

Makes sense - but I would never have known it without having it explained. So apparently Kronkus' rings first pixel is solid (ta da). I just checked the Jool texture, it was already horizontal. 

Thanks for clearing this up.  So the image just needs rotation, and that will work, or do you need the extra .cfg lines?

17 minutes ago, MrChumley said:

Thanks for clearing this up.  So the image just needs rotation, and that will work, or do you need the extra .cfg lines?

Here's what I did to make this work with Blackrack's updated dll. Rotate your texture horizontal to the right. Change unlit to false in cfg and add the other two lines:

unlit = false
                    useNewShader = true
                    penumbraMultipler = 10.0

One day I hope for particle support in rings - would be a cool addition.

Edit:

Will there be / is there a way to add custom audio? I'm trying to add some lore to planets and science definitions aint cutting it unfortunately. Perhaps it could be done by biome? For a non-programmer, to me it sounds relatively simple but I'm sure it isn't (just a suggestion after all)

Final note, say I would like to target a specific planet - let's say the Mun, and change its colour map, how would I go about doing so? Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Gameslinx

Hello! I'm trying to update to 1.2.2-5, but there are some issues. I have both my kopernicus.log and output.log at hand, so they are both here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hirfuw2n2u6jc2/Kopernicus and Output log.zip?dl=0

The objects from the Kopernicus Log that fail to load are the planets I have generated from PQSMods. Were there any changes to PQSMods? The planets that didn't load use

FallbackMaterial

After removing that, those bodies still fail to load - I'm still unsure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated :D 

EDIT 5:

The lag-on-main-menu and slow loading issue has been resolved. It's a bad coincidence that my drive failed at the same time as I was updating Kopernicus.

Edited by Gameslinx

On 4/4/2017 at 11:28 PM, blackrack said:

I fixed the issue with the new ring shader not appearing on certain bodies.

I made a pull request to the Kopernicus repo, and meanwhile you can download the fix here: https://mega.nz/#!vUowhKgB!PAIeK8M1KlBOXhcBNglxGTq6MzSiqFxF27fAXYOD8_w

Thanks a bunch! Time for me to start integrating the new ring feature into my mods then! :D

On 4/5/2017 at 8:32 PM, blackrack said:

what kind of planet is this

I thought it was a photoshopped image of noodles planet...

@Thomas P. I think MeshScatter needs some more work.

MeshScatter
				{
					materialType = DiffuseDetail
					collide = true
					science = false
					Experiment
					{
					}
					Material
					{
						color = 0.2,0.5,0.3,1
						mainTex = BUILTIN/distantground
						mainTexScale = 0.5,0.5
						mainTexOffset = 0,0
						detail = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/Cliff
						detailScale = 0.5,0.5
						detailOffset = 0,0
					}
					scatterName = Misc
					seed = 1721
					maxCache = 512
					maxScatter = 20
					map = Planet_Cerillion/Object/Scatter.dds
					mesh = BUILTIN/boulder
					minSubdivision 1
					countPerSqM = 1
					verticalOffset = 0
					minScale = 1
					maxScale = 5
					castShadows = false
					receiveShadows = false
					enabled = true
					order = 100
				}

Unless this code is incorrect, it does not seem to work. I checked the logfile - Kopernicus doesn't acknowledge the mod's existence.

Hello!

I'm having some trouble changing the minLevel and maxLevel of the PQS for one of my planets. It uses Kerbin as the template and when I change maxLevel to 6, it is still 10 in game.

Here's the code I have in the config:

PQS 

{

minLevel = 2

maxLevel = 6

}

And, since that did nothing (Kittopia still says that maxLevel is 10), I added a script in a new .CFG file:

@kopernicus

{

@Body[Gaia]

{

@PQS

{

minLevel = 2

maxLevel = 6

}

}

}

(Please excuse the formatting, the mobile forum doesn't let me add 'code' into posts.

Help would be appreciated - I think I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure what.

27 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Looks like your syntax is incorrect in what you're trying to create as opposed to edit and vice versa, you will want to check out: https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook and ensure that you're creating the config files correctly.

Hmm - in applying an edit by typing @Kopernicus, @Body, @PQS, which means I'm editing/updating the PQS {} part of the config, so from what I see it should work... Do I need the @Kopernicus:FINAL to make sure the patch is applied after the config loads?

11 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Hmm - in applying an edit by typing @Kopernicus, @Body, @PQS, which means I'm editing/updating the PQS {} part of the config, so from what I see it should work... Do I need the @Kopernicus:FINAL to make sure the patch is applied after the config loads?

could you share the mm cache ? that might help

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.