[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

19 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm looking at those ring shaders and wondering what I must do to use them? I've added useNewShader to the Rings {} node in my config, to no avail. Do I need kopernicus 1.2.2-5 for this?

you have to use these in your ring node:

unlit = false
useNewShader = true
penumbraMultipler = 10.0

and yes you need to be using kopernicus 1.2.2-5

AND use blackracks kopernicus dll 

read back a few pages to find everything I just talked about.

Edited by Galileo

9 minutes ago, Galileo said:

you have to use these in your ring node:

unlit = false
useNewShader = true
penumbraMultipler = 10.0

and yes you need to be using kopernicus 1.2.2-5

AND use blackracks kopernicus dll 

read back a few pages to find everything I just talked about.

Thanks, I'll do that tomorrow - assuming I can get 1.2.2-5 to work properly, which I've been having some problems with.

The shadows on the rings look amazing and I can't wait to try them out

is this still valid for v1.2.2?

!Asteroid[Stock] {}
Asteroid
{
  name = Stock
  Locations
  {
    Flyby
    {
      Body
      {
        body = Kerbin
        minDuration = 15
        maxDuration = 60
        probability = 100
        reached = false
      }
    }
  }
  // 60 times per 24hrs
  interval = 1440
  minUntrackedLifetime = 1
  maxUntrackedLifetime = 20
  probability = 45
  spawnGroupMinLimit = 0
  spawnGroupMaxLimit = 5
  Size
  {
      key = 0   0
      key = 0.3 0.45
      key = 0.7 0.55
      key = 1   1
  }
}

Under v1.1.3 this was giving me about 3 asteroids or so every day or so, but so far a few days into v1.2.2 and I have only seen one spawn, and although it showed up as an Unknown Object next to Kerbin the count of Unknown Objects in the Tracking Station showed 0 and when I tracked it and tried to look for its name in my SFS file it wasn't even in there :huh:

ive been having an issue where every planet i add to the game creates a "nullreferencepoint" error whenever i enter map view when im using a vessel, anyone know how this is fixed that error flooding the console every time i enter map view is causing a tremendous amount of lag 

Okay, I have Been Trying to work on a Exoplanet Pack for quite a bit, and i have The first Exoplanet and it's moon Functioning. There are a few problems i need to fix.

1. Iona, the Current Planet im working on, orbits a star. however, no matter how far i put it out, spaceships cant orbit the sun. Its really anoying when you are trying to orbit the sun for an encounter for a gravity assist. Please help! 

@Cabbink It's likely the star is too massive in comparison with the Sun. Setting a SOI radius or lowering the mass will fix it, here's a bit of code for the SOI radius: sphereOfInfluence = 5500000000000

It should be large enough for ice worlds in the periphery of a solar system. The SOI code, however, resides in the Properties section of the star's file. This can be done for any object, by the way.

On 4/12/2017 at 2:16 PM, Drew Kerman said:

is this still valid for v1.2.2?

!Asteroid[Stock] {}
Asteroid
{
  name = Stock
  Locations
  {
    Flyby
    {
      Body
      {
        body = Kerbin
        minDuration = 15
        maxDuration = 60
        probability = 100
        reached = false
      }
    }
  }
  // 60 times per 24hrs
  interval = 1440
  minUntrackedLifetime = 1
  maxUntrackedLifetime = 20
  probability = 45
  spawnGroupMinLimit = 0
  spawnGroupMaxLimit = 5
  Size
  {
      key = 0   0
      key = 0.3 0.45
      key = 0.7 0.55
      key = 1   1
  }
}

Under v1.1.3 this was giving me about 3 asteroids or so every day or so, but so far a few days into v1.2.2 and I have only seen one spawn, and although it showed up as an Unknown Object next to Kerbin the count of Unknown Objects in the Tracking Station showed 0 and when I tracked it and tried to look for its name in my SFS file it wasn't even in there :huh:

Ok I finally took some time to look into this and nothing works until I lower the interval value down to 15 like it is in the config that ships with Kopernicus. @Thomas P. what gives here? Was there some change made to this value? You told me previously that it was in seconds, so I had it set to check for asteroids 60x in a 24 hour day. I've lowered it all the way down to 50 from 1440 to get some spawn rates that seem close to what I was getting in KSP v1.1.3. It definitely seems like this value is bigger now or something. Hours instead of seconds?

Also if I set spawnGroupMaxLimit to 4 I only ever see 3 untracked objects at a time. My assumption was always that this number was inclusive, not exclusive

And lastly my first culprit for this problem was Custom Asteroids so I had it removed while testing but when I put it back in I found it does suppress the kopernicus asteroid spawner. I'll take that over to Starstrider tho

Edited by Drew Kerman

On 27/11/2016 at 5:44 PM, frencrs said:

Is anyone else getting the:

[EXC 19:40:02.936] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate ()

error being spammed in map view?

I'm seeing it with a new install of KSP with no other mods but Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, and ModuleManager.2.7.4

Scratch that, seems that it was a problem with some save files.

hey man, im having this exact same error, its spamming in the map view on my new planet pack, please tell me how you managed to fix it ive been stuck with it for 3 days and i cant get an answer from anyone 

3 hours ago, noobsrtoast said:

hey man, im having this exact same error, its spamming in the map view on my new planet pack, please tell me how you managed to fix it ive been stuck with it for 3 days and i cant get an answer from anyone 

A well made bug report always goes a long way toward getting quick support.

If you want a list of files you can click the nyan cat in my sig to see all the files that we need

This issue is outside my knowledge of kopernicus, but maybe others can help

Also, with the easter holidays and everything, I think it's safe to assume your free support on free software could require a couple more days than usual

For some reason I have only been able to successfully add custom terrain scatters once. Every time I try it now it gives some strange glitched texture instead of a model.

Thus I'd like to ask, what are the requirements for a model to be able to be loaded by Kopernicus? And what would the best filetype be?

17 hours ago, noobsrtoast said:

On 12/1/2016 at 4:15 PM, frencrs said:

Okay I've run into this again, it turns out it only occurs when patched conics are available in the map view. In a career game without an upgraded tracking station the error doesn't occur.

[EXC 11:30:02.916] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate ()

Basically, that error is spammed but only when patched conics are available in map view. Only occurs in the inflight map view.

Clean install, no mods except Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, and ModuleManager.2.7.5

Sorry man, I still can't figure out what causes this. I haven't had a lot of time lately to try and debug it, but I can tell you it only happens once you upgrade your Tracking Station from level 1 to 2 in a career game. Upgrading the TS allows you to set maneuvers, in career the problem doesn't exist until you can use patched conic orbit stuff in map view.  

1 hour ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

How easy is this to use? I need to make a Solar System for an upcoming story. 

For Planet Making Mods, Not too bad once you get the hang of it. If you can get an updated version of KittopiaTech, it will be a lot easier. Good Luck!

Just now, Lo Var Lachland said:

Thanks! For planet quality, would you go with this mod or KittopiaTech?

KittopiaTech is just a tool to edit the planet while the game is running to see what happens (without having to restart the game over and over)

but you still need to use Kopernicus (which currently is the only mod to edit planets)

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

KittopiaTech is just a tool to edit the planet while the game is running to see what happens (without having to restart the game over and over)

but you still need to use Kopernicus (which currently is the only mod to edit planets)

How about creating planets?

Just now, Lo Var Lachland said:

How about creating planets?

yes, everything, only kopernicus.

kittopiatech is an additional tool for kopernicus, just a "quality of life" thing

there are no other mods for doing that (there used to be some, but now the only one working is Kopernicus)

On 17/04/2017 at 3:21 PM, frencrs said:

Sorry man, I still can't figure out what causes this. I haven't had a lot of time lately to try and debug it, but I can tell you it only happens once you upgrade your Tracking Station from level 1 to 2 in a career game. Upgrading the TS allows you to set maneuvers, in career the problem doesn't exist until you can use patched conic orbit stuff in map view.  

ive actually found out that if i ran the 64 bit version of the game it was fine, so when i release it i guess ill just let people know to use the 64 bit version of the game

Hey.

I have noticed that Kopernicus doesn't handle large planets very well when generating from PQS. I've exported these textures using kittopia, but the lines shown as still there in the terrain. I'll have a link to config and log files. Here's the image:

1FnahlZ.png

Those lines are in the terrain and don't look very attractive, kinda like a large mesh. (This image was exported at 4k, but downsized to 1024 x 512, so I doubt it's the resolution I exported in. The lines still appear in the terrain and it looks odd)

LOGS:

Kopernicus.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rymcqtk6d5yy5yr/Kopernicus.log?dl=0

Planet configuration file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2e9b6njglq9zpph/Score.cfg?dl=0

Body log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gscbfqv35032ziu/Maroo.Body.log?dl=0

Hi

Since the latest version of KSS I got the report that a few players are no longer able to focus/click/select any of the planets/moons while in map-mode. The weird thing is that only a few have this and not all the others.

I was able to find the lines saying this problem does occur but I'm not able to find what causes it. 

Spoiler

Exception handling event OnCBIconClicked in class SpaceTracking:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(CelestialBody)
OrbitRenderer:objectNode_OnClick(MapNode, Buttons)
KSP.UI.Screens.Mapview.MapNode:OnPointerUp(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerUpHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Here is one of the OutputLogs I received.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a475g3x034c0j5/output_log.txt?dl=1

Thx in advance!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.