[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1 minute ago, M4ssler said:

I install just kopernicus over ckan with modularflight integrator and module manager (that is needed says ckan)

ohh, 60 fps. so i think will never find out that is responsible for that bad fps

welcome to the club :-(

I'll check your mod list to see which ones we have in common, maybe that can narrow it down...

Just now, M4ssler said:

I install just kopernicus over ckan with modularflight integrator and module manager (that is needed says ckan)

ohh, 60 fps. so i think will never find out that is responsible for that bad fps

must be a combination whit this

Just now, TheDog said:

I'll check your mod list to see which ones we have in common, maybe that can narrow it down...

Did you both install via CKAN?

6 minutes ago, TheDog said:

if you want a quick way to find the issue, divide your mods in two groups, then run the game with one group

if you still get the issue it means that you can exclude the other group.

if you don't get the issue run with the other group

if you get the issue with the second group you can exclude the first group.

when you exclude a group, divide in half the remaining mods and repeat the process untill you remain with only the responsible mods

also, for god's sake, try a manual install as first thing, CKAN is good and everything, but you don't want to go and ask support for an issue and then find out that it's all cause of CKAN

Edited by Sigma88

Just now, Sigma88 said:

if you want a quick way to find the issue, divide your mods in two groups, then run the game with one group

if you still get the issue it means that you can exclude the other group.

if you don't get the issue run with the other group

if you get the issue with the second group you can exclude the first group.

when you exclude a group, divide in half the remaining mods and repeat the process untill you remain with only the responsible mods

thats the best way i have seen it put.. I try to explain this process and always make it sound very confusing.. then i usually just dont post it

Just now, M4ssler said:

i install all mods over ckan, just maybe station science manually.

try to install kopernicus manually and see if the problem persists

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

thats the best way i have seen it put.. I try to explain this process and always make it sound very confusing.. then i usually just dont post it

try to install kopernicus manually and see if the problem persists

ok, will try. with or without the modularflight integrator and module manager?

will test your suggestion with the 2 groups. but i need time.

if you need, i uploaded the output.log now

Just now, M4ssler said:

Module manager is required for kopernicus to work just make sure you have the most up to date version which is 2.7.4

5 minutes ago, M4ssler said:

These are the ones we have in common (quite a lot, unfortunately):

B9PartSwitch
CactEye
Chatterer
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
CTTP
CustomBarnKit
DeployableEngines
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
InterstellarFuelSwitch
KAS
KIS
Kopernicus
KWRocketry
MarkIVSystem
Mk2Expansion
Mk3Expansion
ModularFlightIntegrator
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
Nereid
OPM
Pilot Assistant
PlanetShine
SCANsat
scatterer
StationPartsExpansion
TriggerTech
UniversalStorage
WaypointManager

2 minutes ago, TheDog said:

Oh, and your Kopernicus install throws some KeyNotFoundExceptions. Mine here does not - does ckan have the latest version from github?

Just now, TheDog said:

These are the ones we have in common (quite a lot, unfortunately):

B9PartSwitch
CactEye
Chatterer
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
CTTP
CustomBarnKit
DeployableEngines
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
InterstellarFuelSwitch
KAS
KIS
Kopernicus
KWRocketry
MarkIVSystem
Mk2Expansion
Mk3Expansion
ModularFlightIntegrator
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
Nereid
OPM
Pilot Assistant
PlanetShine
SCANsat
scatterer
StationPartsExpansion
TriggerTech
UniversalStorage
WaypointManager

try a fresh install of KSP. Since you have pretty much exhausted all other options. I find it odd that you two are the only ones that seem to be having this issue as far as i know

1 minute ago, M4ssler said:

Sorry, try to understand what you mean with "in common". Is this a list of mods, who are deffinitively working with?

These are mods you have in your install (where you suffer from low FPS), and also I have them in my install (also fps loss).

You have some additional ones that I dont have, and I have some additional ones that you dont have. But if it is related to some mod interaction with Kopernicus, these "common ones" might be candidates, since it seems we two are the only 2 people experiencing this atm... :-O

Delete scatter or sve and see if you have a massive improvement in fps and memory usage ,    if so it's probably a bad config,   I'm running korpinicous / sve/ real engine lights/eve /kss / (and a butt ton of parts mods 88 total mods) on max graphic settings and max textures with a first generation I7 and a msI 960gtx     my fps is 60, my ram usage on Windows 10 Is between 12 to 13 gigs,  and dips to 8 and 9 after I've been running awhile.    

@Galileo, @Thomas P. or any other developer, I am using Kerbal Galaxy Revamped and it adds 5 suns to the galaxy, problem is that all those suns have flares and pretty much suppresses any sky box I am using to the point that even brightest colors are barely visible in the skybox, how can i reduce the power and keep lense flares? is it possible at all or not?

2 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

@Galileo, @Thomas P. or any other developer, I am using Kerbal Galaxy Revamped and it adds 5 suns to the galaxy, problem is that all those suns have flares and pretty much suppresses any sky box I am using to the point that even brightest colors are barely visible in the skybox, how can i reduce the power and keep lense flares? is it possible at all or not?

most likely KG devs need to fix the brightness curves of their stars, it's a boring process of trial and error, which means most devs just don't bother with it

also, you can't just use those used by another mod because every star is different and requires it's own curve

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

most likely KG devs need to fix the brightness curves of their stars, it's a boring process of trial and error, which means most devs just don't bother with it

also, you can't just use those used by another mod because every star is different and requires it's own curve

oh damn, here i was hoping to use the curve from Extra Solar one :/

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

my suggestion is, use kittopiatech and tweak the numbers live untill you like the result

then write them into the cfg

actually i copy pasted the curve from extra solar's valentine setting to the kerbal galaxy, at least from kerbin's view on the map, they look ok, not sure about the result on planet close ups :D

Damn, I should have listened to you, using kittopia now, the problem is that there are 3 suns near each other on the horizon and their curves multiply each other making the skybox really dark, need to work on them in visual mode, thanks for guiding me toward kittopia

Edited by Jiraiyah

19 hours ago, Galileo said:

The KSP log isnt the log that is needed.. the one you want is the output log found here   Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data

Actually there is no difference... except that KSP.log isn't 50% logspam by Unity

22 hours ago, TheDog said:

These are mods you have in your install (where you suffer from low FPS), and also I have them in my install (also fps loss).

You have some additional ones that I dont have, and I have some additional ones that you dont have. But if it is related to some mod interaction with Kopernicus, these "common ones" might be candidates, since it seems we two are the only 2 people experiencing this atm... :-O

Just a hunch, it might be ContractConfigurator. There used be a mod called Wider Contracts App that caused a major fps problem. As of 1.2 that mod got integrated into ContractConfigurator. If that's not it, then I guess the mod author finally fixed it! It was giving him a bit of trouble.

Ring shader (heavily inspired by space engine). How does this look? @Galileo  @Thomas P.  

Sarnus rings rotated by a 45 degree angle to showcase the shading.

Features not shown/still in progress:
-Detail particles when zooming on the rings
-Planet shadow on ring
-Ring shadow on planet/atmosphere (scatterer only)
-Ring interaction with scatterer sunflare

Edited by blackrack

23 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Ring shader (heavily inspired by space engine). How does this look? @Galileo  @Thomas P.  

-Planet shadow on ring

:0.0: You're a bloody god, man!

can some tell me why my move ike to eve config won't work? no errors in console. description also doesn't work. Not quite sure if this Is the right place for this.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body[Ike]
    {
	@Orbit
		{
                        @referenceBody = Eve
			inclination = 0.3
			eccentricity = 0.1
			semiMajorAxis = 6190000
		}
    @Properties
		{
			description = Ike Is moon of eve.
      }

}
}

Edited by Dooz

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

-Planet shadow on ring

That looks really good. Im really looking forward to it. Great job man!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.