[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I'm curious,

what is the process that brought you to choose a negative number for the radius?

what would that represent?

I believe the documentation for VertexHeightOffset said that It would adjust the contrast between peaks and valleys, so setting it to negative would smooth the planet out. Is that not the case?

1 hour ago, fenderzilla said:

I believe the documentation for VertexHeightOffset said that It would adjust the contrast between peaks and valleys, so setting it to negative would smooth the planet out. Is that not the case?

No. VertexHeightOffset raises the entire terrain by the given amount.

The problem you're having is a result of high deformity and frequency settings.

1 hour ago, fenderzilla said:

I don't know where you found that information but I would not trust that. it's telling you to do something really hacky that can only end badly

if you just want to shrink a planet you should use SD, that's by far the easiest way for someone not expert in using kopernicus

3 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I don't know where you found that information but I would not trust that. it's telling you to do something really hacky that can only end badly

if you just want to shrink a planet you should use SD, that's by far the easiest way for someone not expert in using kopernicus

Don't underestimate VertexHeightOffset, I often add a few kilometers to the radius of planets to avoid any land from dipping below an altitude of zero, since traversing terrain below zero is glitchy when no ocean is provided.

30 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Thanks a ton. I used Sigma Dimensions and it worked perfectly. Now, about removing oceans from stock bodies, is that even possible?

3 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Under the Template. Add 'removeOcean = true'.

Right, that works if you're making a new body based on a stock one. But if I want to remove the oceans from, say, Eve, something like this does nothing.

@Kopernicus:FINAL:NEEDS[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body[Eve]
    {
        Template
		{
			name = Eve
			removeAllPQSMods = true
			removeOcean = true
		}
        @Properties
        {
            @ScienceValues
            {

}
        }
        @Orbit
        {

}
    }
}

Edited by fenderzilla

6 hours ago, fenderzilla said:

Right, that works if you're making a new body based on a stock one. But if I want to remove the oceans from, say, Eve, something like this does nothing.

Hide contents

{
    @Body[Eve]
    {
        Template
		{
			name = Eve
			removeAllPQSMods = true
			removeOcean = true
		}
        @Properties
        {
            @ScienceValues
            {

}
        }
        @Orbit
        {

}
    }
}

you are adding a second template to eve

that's why it doesn't work

you need to edit the existing one

Using this in 1.2.2 with Outer Planets Mod and it is flipping all my vanilla planet orbit textures upside down. Also the Mun scenes in the main menu are broken and flip back to the standard 3 kerbals in orbit scene after a split second.
Had a long laborious "put mod in one by one, reload game" troubleshoot session to find out that specifically ALL mods work including Kopernicus 1.2.2-2, but as soon as i put in the OPM folder, all vanilla planet textures flip upside down. In the start menu screen, in tracking station, and when loading a flight in orbit. Or starting a new game.

Using these versions;
CustomBarnKit-1.1.10.0
Kopernicus.1.2.2-2
Outer_Planets_Mod-2.1
Sigma-Binary.v1.6.2

Edit: Solved, Sigma-Binary was the cause of the issues.

Edited by Baleurion

8 hours ago, fenderzilla said:

Reveal hidden contents

{
    @Body[Eve]
    {
        Template
		{
			name = Eve
			removeAllPQSMods = true
			removeOcean = true
		}
        @Properties
        {
            @ScienceValues
            {

}
        }
        @Orbit
        {

}
    }
}

I'll just elaborate a bit more on what @Sigma88 said, make something like this:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
	@Body[Eve]
	{
		@Template
		{
			removeOcean = true
		}
	}
}

Also, please do not use :FINAL unless you have to, if all packs would start using FINAL things will get messy eventually. The best option is using :FOR[PACKNAME]. An example from Uncharted Lands by @KillAshley: @Kopernicus:FOR[KAUL]. This means that all configs using FOR[KAUL] can be adressed with AFTER[KAUL] and NEEDS[KAUL]. This also means that you can adress specific parts of a mod if they use different FOR values, instead of having to adress the name of the mod's root folder.

5 hours ago, daniel l. said:

How do i master the brightnessCurve? I want to make the Sunflares fade out at the edge of SOI so they wont clutter the screen.

using kittopia it was possible to edit them live and see what changes

I don't know if it still works

22 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

What? In that case, are you absolutely certain Kopernicus is installed correctly? I'm using the exact same code for Kerbin for Total Rebuild and it works like a charm...

I used a fresh install of KSP 1.2.2, the only mods were Kopernicus and SigmaDimensions.

19 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Did you land on eve to see?

or just looked at the planet from the tracking station?

Yes, I landed, got out, and swam around. The seas were a little glitchy at the edges (if you angled the camera right they disappeared) and when I took a surface sample it still said "Surface sample from Eve's impact ejecta", but Jeb was definitely swimming around.

On 8/5/2016 at 7:26 AM, The White Guardian said:

Can't you just elevate the entire terrain of a planet with VertexHeightOffset?

Try this:

@Kopernicus:FOR[PlanetSealevelChange]
{
	@Body[PlanetName]
	{
		@PQS
		{
			Mods
			{
				VertexHeightOffset
				{
					offset = VALUE
					enabled = true
					order = 9999999
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Change 'PlanetName' with the name of the planet you want to edit, and change 'VALUE' with the amount of meters you want to raise or lower the sea level. Keep in mind though that you are actually raising or lowering the surface of the planet relative to the ocean, so any offset above 0 will lower sea level and any value below 0 will raise sea level.

@The White Guardian,

A Google seach brought up this post of yours, as I'm trying to lower the sea level of Laythe, the goal being to make more land visible--that is, if such a thing is even possible.  I used your example, but there was no visible change to Layhe, whether the offset value was 100, 1000 or even 5,000.

Here's the entry in my Koperncus .cfg:

Spoiler

@Body[Laythe] 
{
    @Orbit
    {
                inclination = 0.47
                eccentricity = 0.009
               semiMajorAxis = 36152000
                longitudeOfAscendingNode = 65
                argumentOfPeriapsis = 112
                meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 20
                epoch = 4
    }

@PQS
    {
             Mods
             {
                    VertexHeightOffset
                     {
                        offset = 100
                        enabled = true
                        order = 999999
                     }
             }
    }
}

18 hours ago, Laguna said:

@The White Guardian,

A Google seach brought up this post of yours, as I'm trying to lower the sea level of Laythe, the goal being to make more land visible--that is, if such a thing is even possible.  I used your example, but there was no visible change to Layhe, whether the offset value was 100, 1000 or even 5,000.

Here's the entry in my Koperncus .cfg:

Hide contents

@Body[Laythe] 
{
    @Orbit
    {
                inclination = 0.47
                eccentricity = 0.009
               semiMajorAxis = 36152000
                longitudeOfAscendingNode = 65
                argumentOfPeriapsis = 112
                meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 20
                epoch = 4
    }

@PQS
    {
             Mods
             {
                    VertexHeightOffset
                     {
                        offset = 100
                        enabled = true
                        order = 999999
                     }
             }
    }
}

Firstly, make sure that there is a line adressing Kopernicus at the start, for example, @Kopernicus:FOR[MoreLaytheLand]

Next, make sure Kopernicus is installed properly.

Then try debugging it. Add a cacheFile location per usual and force a generation by adding the following code:

Debug
{
	exportMesh = true
	update = true
}

This entry goes directly inside the @Body[X] node, aside @PQS.

Keep in mind that the scaledspace Laythe is not the 'actual' terrain, it's a low-defenition representation for memory reduction that is not updated upon editing the terrain. You'll need Kittopia for that.

Edited by The White Guardian

9 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Firstly, make sure that there is a line adressing Kopernicus at the start, for example, @Kopernicus:FOR[MoreLaytheLand]

Next, make sure Kopernicus is installed properly.

Yep, Kopernicus is installed correctly, as all my other changes (moving stuff around, adding stuff via cloning stock moons, changing orbits) show up as expected.

I saw the "FOR[]" line in the older post, was a bit confused about it.  Does it go in the main "@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]" line at the top?  And what name do I use?

9 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Keep in mind that the scaledspace Laythe is not the 'actual' terrain, it's a low-defenition representation for memory reduction that is not updated upon editing the terrain. You'll need Kittopia for that.

I did Hyperedit a probe to Laythe at a 100K orbit.  At first I thought I saw more land, as there was a blur of brown below the probe. Increasing the otbit to 400K though made things look like the normal stock appearance.

I also tried to use Kittopia, but got lost in it, couldn't find where to adjust VertexHeightOffset in the 5 million (:P) PQS setttings.

FEATURE REQUEST: Or... more like stock BS work around...

It appears as though by stock, the textures on Duna's poles as well as pretty much all of Dres's surface are flipped each time they are tiled. This means that no matter what you do you cannot get a texture that tiles well.

Stock Dres:

Spoiler

sdiISwi.jpg

Modded Dres:

Spoiler

p7ltrRh.jpg

This texture should tile with very little visible difference but because it's flipped each rotation the planet looks like a giant waffle...

It would be fantastic if there was a way to cancel this out and make Dres tile like any other sensible celestial body? I honestly have very little clue how Kopernicus works on the inside so I don't know how difficult or how deep this "feature" is buried into the stock game.

hello everyone I have a question. what part of a kopernicus config file dictates weather or not it shows up on the map in the tracking station? and what values hide/unhide targetability? im trying to edit a star pack to my liking but the body I want to see is hidden and "unclickable".  heres the config. why cant I see this body on the map?

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
 @Body[Sun]
 {
 cbNameLater = test
 @Template
  {
   !removeCoronas = DEL
   removeProgressTree = false
  }

@Properties
        {
            description = test
            radius = 12100440257
     mass = 1.98855E+28

rotationPeriod = 7494.9999928
            rotates = true
            isHomeWorld = false

}
 @Atmosphere
  {
   enabled = True
   oxygen = False
   adiabaticIndex = 1.23
   altitude = 620000

gasMassLapseRate = 0.465695400139801
   atmosphereMolarMass = 0.0022
   pressureCurveIsNormalized = False

temperatureCurveIsNormalized = False
   temperatureLapseRate = 0.00973333333333333
   temperatureSeaLevel = 4190

pressureCurve
   {
    key = 0  15   0   0
    key = 5000  8.3   -0.001532  -0.001532
    key = 10000  0.68   -0.001178053  -0.001178053
    key = 10753.09  0.300954  -2.96097E-05  -2.96097E-05
    key = 14194.01  0.2613179  -8.41565E-07  -8.41565E-07
    key = 350000  0.1   -7.49481E-07  -7.49481E-07
    key = 400000  0.04   -7.05211E-07  -7.05211E-07
    key = 590000  2E-05   -6.21053E-09  -6.21053E-09
    key = 620000  0   0   0
   }
   temperatureCurve
   {
    key = 0  4190  0   -0.2780258
    key = 10000  4065  -0.01447884  -0.01447884
    key = 50000  5000  -0.007179292  0.003853968
    key = 250000  5800  0.0009989792  0.0009989792
    key = 500000  6000  0.001352723  0.001352723
    key = 620000  8000  0.06371323  0
   }
  }

@ScaledVersion
        {
            Light
   {
    givesOffLight = False
    sunlightColor = 0,0,0,1
    sunlightIntensity = 1
    sunlightShadowStrength = 1
    scaledSunlightColor = 1,0.85,0.65,1
    scaledSunlightIntensity = 1
    IVASunColor = 1,0.85,0.65,1
    IVASunIntensity = 1
    ambientLightColor = 0.06,0.06,0.06,1
    sunLensFlareColor = 0,0,0,0
    givesOffLight = True
    sunAU = 500000000000
    luminosity = 0
    insolation = 0.15
    brightnessCurve
    {
     key = -0.01573471 0.217353 1.706627 1.706627
     key = 5.084181 3.997075 -0.001802375 -0.001802375
     key = 38.56295 1.82142 0.0001713 0.0001713
    }
   }
  Coronas
   {
    Corona
    {
     rotation = 0
     speed = -1
     updateInterval = 5
     scaleLimitX = 5
     scaleLimitY = 5
     scaleSpeed = 0.007
     Material
     {
      texture = test/test_corona
      inverseFade = 2.553731
     }
    }
    Corona
    {
     rotation = 0
     speed = 1
     updateInterval = 5
     scaleLimitX = 5
     scaleLimitY = 5
     scaleSpeed = 0.009
     Material
     {
      texture = test/test_corona
      inverseFade = 2.553731
     }
    }
   }

Material
            {
  rimColor = 0,0,0,1
  rimPower = 0.5
  rimBlend = 1
  emitColor0 = 0,0,0,1
  emitColor1 = 0,0,0,1
  sunspotColor = 1,1,1,1
  rimColor = 1,0.6525,0.305,1
  sunspotTex = test/test.png
  sunspotPower = 2
            }

}
    }
}

8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

FEATURE REQUEST: Or... more like stock BS work around...

It appears as though by stock, the textures on Duna's poles as well as pretty much all of Dres's surface are flipped each time they are tiled. This means that no matter what you do you cannot get a texture that tiles well.

Stock Dres:

Modded Dres:

It would be fantastic if there was a way to cancel this out and make Dres tile like any other sensible celestial body? I honestly have very little clue how Kopernicus works on the inside so I don't know how difficult or how deep this "feature" is buried into the stock game.

That's not from your texture being flipped. Even, though you have a tilable texture, there are distinct formations in it which causes it to be noticeably tiled. The entire texture has to be "even" for lack of a better word. Here is my Dres in my SVT dev version. You are probably going to need to use a different texture or edit the you have

Spoiler

MHppb5K.png

8cSkHlD.png

Edited by Galileo

15 minutes ago, Galileo said:

That's not from your texture being flipped. Even, though you have a tillable texture, there are distinct formations in it which causes it to be noticeably tiled. The entire texture has to be "even" for lack of a better word. 

Hide contents

MHppb5K.png

Woah... that looks very nice. I know that it's a coded thing into the stock game and I'm just baffled that anyone would think it was a good idea :P - I think I'll chat with you some more in PM... It might be time to start integrating some SVE textures now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.