[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

14 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

they are linked to the planet's radius, I don't really remember the relationship

maybe something like " planet radius / 6000 " or something like that

That makes sense.  I'm not at my computer right now, but based on the numbers I recall seeing, it's probably planet radius / 1000.

Edit:  After a bit of testing, it seems the formula is ring radius*(planet radius/1200).

Edited by JetJaguar
refined numbers

9 minutes ago, stk2008 said:

Hi Sigma88

Thanks for the fast reply.

This is a Steam install so default install location is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program

I shall install the game by copying the KSP folder into my other SSD so path will be

F:\Kerbal Space Program

Whats the error above mean though why will moving KSP out of program files do?

Thanks again for such a fast reply :)

windows is known to be whiny with KSP when the game is installed under program files

just copy (or move) the KerbalSpaceProgram folder outside ProgramFiles

I'm having a rather major problem. The other day, I downloaded KSPRC and found that it was out of date. So, I updated each included mod individually, and now, most of the solar system is gone. I'm using the stock system. The only bodies left are Eve, Kerbin, Jool, and Laythe. The other mods (A couple of which don't seem to work) in use are Distant Object Enhancement (not working), EVE (not working), Kopernicus Expansion_0.2.0, KSPRC (configs, textures, etc.), Planetshine-0.2.5.2, scatterer-0.0300, and Texture Replacer. I'm sorry if this is not the correct thread, but after removing Kopernicus, the other planets/moons came back, so it seems to be a Kopernicus problem. Any help is appreciated. The system is pretty boring with only those four planets/moon. Any configs or logs that are needed, I'll gladly provide.

Edited by EvilEmotaku

Why would Kopernicus cause extreme lag with surface bases, even with no planet packs installed? I am getting single digit FPS on the surface of a planet with a small base, and no lag at all with a much larger orbital station that's also covered in lights. Uninstalling Kopernicus fixes the lag, even if it was just installed by itself with no actual planet packs.

I tried to reproduce this bug as I've seen quite a few people remark on it but I was unsuccessful.

I launched a Vanilla 1.2.2 install and launched this craft on the pad, waited a few seconds recording the frame rate and then Quit to Main Menu and closed the game:

hu7W98W.png

This was the frame rate I was seeing:

LegalSophisticatedFiddlercrab.gif

Logs can be found here: output_log.txt & KSP.log

Then did exactly the same with the latest build of Kopernicus (commit 997693711b4d6d3fbcb1bdf3577eede733a4adda - Feb 28th):

This was the frame rate I was seeing:

BelatedTediousBoutu.gif

Logs can be found here: output_log.txt & KSP.log

I couldn't really see much that was discernible. Can someone that is experiencing this bug/issue please log down some reproduce-able steps and the environment and state they are running the game in.

2 hours ago, oniontrain said:

Why would Kopernicus cause extreme lag with surface bases, even with no planet packs installed? I am getting single digit FPS on the surface of a planet with a small base, and no lag at all with a much larger orbital station that's also covered in lights. Uninstalling Kopernicus fixes the lag, even if it was just installed by itself with no actual planet packs.

I have noticed behavior like this as well, for what it's worth. It was bad enough I unstalled SVT & Kopernicus, which resolved the issue.

OK, I'm still seeing it in an all stock game. It's not as pronounced as in my regular save because I have a lot of mods installed, but something is definitely going on.

The lag is noticeable immediately on putting it on the surface, and goes away when I remove Kopernicus. The only things I have installed are Kopernicus and hyperedit to put stuff on the mun without flying it and taking hours.

Save is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21315217/default.zip

Kopernicus.log is here: http://pastebin.com/3MdPjsYG

Let me know if there's anything else.

Here's what it looks like with Kopernicus installed,

YGyVKz7.jpgRXvnWZh.jpg

Without Kopernicus installed:

F2ih4RC.jpg

F2ih4RC.jpg

Edited by oniontrain

@oniontrain did you save/reload to check that the lag is still there? Or did you just hyperedit the craft on the mun and noticed the lag?

After using hyperedit you should save/reload because hyperedit is not 100% perfect and may leave some undesired side effects

11 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@oniontrain did you save/reload to check that the lag is still there? Or did you just hyperedit the craft on the mun and noticed the lag?

After using hyperedit you should save/reload because hyperedit is not 100% perfect and may leave some undesired side effects

There's a bit of an improvement with Kopernicus installed after a total exit and reload but not if I just save and reload.  What's strange is that I'm not really seeing any noticeable change with vessels that are on Kerbin itself, either with or without Kopernicus installed. There's no lag after launching, only when you go somewhere else.

9 minutes ago, oniontrain said:

There's a bit of an improvement with Kopernicus installed after a total exit and reload but not if I just save and reload.  What's strange is that I'm not really seeing any noticeable change with vessels that are on Kerbin itself, either with or without Kopernicus installed. There's no lag after launching, only when you go somewhere else.

I know this will be a bit of a pain but could you try the same on Minmus and Eeloo and report back on whether the lag is as noticeable on those bodies?

@Sigma88, could it be the Voronoi PQS module?

16 minutes ago, oniontrain said:

OK, sure. I tried it on Duna and it was about the same.

Yeah specifically Minmus and Eeloo. I won't explain why at the moment as I wouldn't want to influence you're feeling of lag either way.

3 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Yeah specifically Minmus and Eeloo. I won't explain why at the moment as I wouldn't want to influence you're feeling of lag either way.

OK, there's not any noticeable slowdown landed on Minmus but Eeloo is roughly the same as Mun

I experienced some unusual lag in RSS the other day with my Moon mining rig, only about 100 parts and the timer going yellow, I wouldn't normally get that on my hardware. Restarting the game made it go away. I also often, though not always, get logspam. KSP 64-bit on Linux, only mods are Module Manager, Kopernicus, and RSS.

48 minutes ago, oniontrain said:

OK, there's not any noticeable slowdown landed on Minmus but Eeloo is roughly the same as Mun

I've heard quite a few people complain about this issue on the Mun and its its apparent on Eeloo too but not Minmus it would point to the Voronoi implementation but without logs and numbers to back up the issue then its sheer speculation.

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

I've heard quite a few people complain about this issue on the Mun and its its apparent on Eeloo too but not Minmus it would point to the Voronoi implementation but without logs and numbers to back up the issue then its sheer speculation.

That is really weird. Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot further?

Nice to see that lag takes precedence over missing planets. I decided that "maybe pretty planets aren't THAT great" and have given up on KSPRC and just done a fresh install of Kopernicus. How do I add the textures from KSPRC to KSP? Will I need TextureReplacer? I would appreciate help, if you're not too busy with performance issues. 

Edited by EvilEmotaku

35 minutes ago, EvilEmotaku said:

Nice to see that lag takes precedence over missing planets.

not sure if this is sarcasm

if planets are missing it means the mods you are using are not telling kopernicus how to generate them properly, either because the mod you are using is bad, or because you installed it wrong.

37 minutes ago, EvilEmotaku said:

How do I add the textures from KSPRC to KSP? Will I need TextureReplacer? I would appreciate help, if you're not too busy with performance issues.

depending on the textures you want to change you might need to change some lines using module manager, examples are available here

they are a bit outdated but these two lines are basically what you are looking for

Is there a PI day thing in the code or have my planets become named 3.1415 (Sun), 92653 (Moho), 58979 (Eve), 32384 (Duna), 62643 (Dres), 38327 (Jool), 95028 (Sarnus), 84197 (Urlum), 16939(Nedion), 93751(Plock). for some other reason; and more importantly will they change back?

Hello.

I installed StarCrusher96's Kerbol Star System mod with Kopernicus 1.2.2-4, and all I get is a black screen when I load up a save. I can't go into anything in the space centre. I have a log file if you want it. I asked the author of the KSS mod, and after a lot of looking around, he asked me to ask here, see if it's a problem with Kopernicus.

1 hour ago, peter1981 said:

Is there a PI day thing in the code or have my planets become named 3.1415 (Sun), 92653 (Moho), 58979 (Eve), 32384 (Duna), 62643 (Dres), 38327 (Jool), 95028 (Sarnus), 84197 (Urlum), 16939(Nedion), 93751(Plock). for some other reason; and more importantly will they change back?

We have a winner!

Sigma Binary is the culprit, actually. They'll change back tomorrow or if you set your computer time to a different date.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.