[1.3] [Kopernicus] KittopiaTech - a Kopernicus Visual Editor (Release 2) - Sep. 27

Thomas P.

For further development of this mod, please head over to the Kopernicus thread!
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140580-145-1-kopernicus-kittopiatech/

Description
This Plugin is a continuation of KCreators "KittopaTech Ingame Terraforming" plugin, that can edit the stats of planets at runtime, via. a Graphical Interface. The original KittopiaTech was mainly developed by KCreator, with some additional content by Kragrathea (Utility code) and Gravitasi (ScaledSpace fixes and more). Their work was modified by BorisBee (initially, he's pretty inactive now) and myself, Thomas P., to be more modular, stable and user-friendly. Because Kopernicus offers us already a fully functional API, we decided to change the goals of this plugin. Instead of a standalone Planet-Editor, this is now an add-on for Kopernicus. This has many additional reasons, for example, the messy config-saver / -loader.

What has been changed?

• Complete rewrite of the UI-Code (Planet_GUI.cs)
  • Replaced the ConfigLoader with a ConfigSaver that can export dumps of the planet in a Kopernicus compatible format
  • Added an option to completely remove a PQSMod.
  • Seperated ScaledSpace export and PQS-Texture export.
  • Made the Instantiation-Button functional, via. hacking PSystemManager to spawn a body that is instantiated from the systemPrefab. It's still hacky, and it can break some mods.
  • Added Support for HeightColorMap-Landclasses
  • Completely new LandClass-Modder
  • Support for editing PQSMod_VertexPlanet.SimplexWrapper and NoiseModWrapper
  • PQSLandControl.LerpRange editing
  • Improved Particle-Editor
  • Reworked the Map-Exporter, so that it uses a Coroutine to generate the maps. That means, that exporting maps no longer freezes your game, but it still takes some time until the generation is finished. But at least, you can do other things in the meantime.
  • We have added Support for editing PQS-Materials.
  • You can now load MapSO's and Textures through a FileBrowser
  • Improved Ring-Editor, you can now edit rings after creation, delete the selected ring.
  • Curve Editor for editing FloatCurves
  • Reworked Star-Fix code, to use StarLightSwitcher
  • Added a ScaledSpace editor, and moved the export buttons to it
  • ScaledSpace and Texture updater save to disk automatically now
  • Added Support for adding / removing oceans, and for adding PQS to gasplanets
  • You can now enter whatever you want into the numeric fields. If the value isn't parseable, you get a warning and Kittopia won't apply it.
  • Removed all apply buttons, Callbacks are used now.

To-Do List

• Readd support for GroundScatter
  • Maybe other things? Suggest something!

Screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/YzoeS

Download
Grab the latest KittopiaTech release from the GitHub repository: https://github.com/Kopernicus/KittopiaTech-Legacy/releases
You can open the Ingame-UI with Ctrl + P

License
"The KCreator license"

The Plugin .dll and all related code, with the exception of utility code developed by forum user "Kragrathea" (which is under GPL) in which all necessary permissions have been given, is free for anyone to use and learn from.
Free redistribution and modification is allowed, Under the following restrictions: One may NOT make any form of profit from the plugin authors work. This includes advertisement revenue or reward type websites chosen at the authors discretion.
Redistributions and modifications require some form of credit towards the plugin author.
Files generated by this plugin are free to use for any purpose. The plugin author is not responsible for any damage that may be incurred through the use of the plugin. Any and all contributions to this plugin will be accredited.
The plugin author reserves all rights to modify the license as needed.
Kerbal Space Program is a copyright of Squad, and as such, Squad has the ability to override any and all restrictions on this plugin.

KittopiaTech incorporates Kopernicus, which is licensed under LGPL.

Source
https://github.com/Kopernicus/KittopiaTech-Legacy

Like my mods?
Please consider supporting me and my mods on Paypal! I would greatly appreaciate it, since I don't get much money anyways. :)
However note, that this doesn't grant you anything special, but it will help to keep my motivation up. Therefor it's just an extremly nice way to say "thanks". :)

Edited by Thomas P.

On 5/26/2016 at 10:58 AM, Thomas P. said:

As it seems, all my content got deleted due to some kind of forum weirdness. That is of course sad, but I can't do anything against it.
Now I have to search an repost all my major work on the forums. Oh well.. :P
P.S: All hail the WYSIWYG Editor

So that's what happened to the Kopernicus Creativity Marathon...

It's the April 2013 Forum Massacre all over again! 

Anyways, Yay! Kittopia!

You are not having luck with you and your threads lately are you?

Anyway, I've been saying you working away at some KTech overhaul the past couple of weeks. What's the idea behind. Is it just a comprehensive update to Unity 5.0 or an overhaul of functionality or perhaps UI? Or a combination of all three?

6 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

You are not having luck with you and your threads lately are you?

Anyway, I've been saying you working away at some KTech overhaul the past couple of weeks. What's the idea behind. Is it just a comprehensive update to Unity 5.0 or an overhaul of functionality or perhaps UI? Or a combination of all three?

I rewrote the complete UI code of Kittopia to be more modular and cleaner than the current code, because it started to annoy me. :) I abstracted a lot of stuff, and made some general improvements to the UI.
It is still using the old IMGUI, because I don't have the time to redo the whole UI with the new one, even though it would be faster and would save memory.

I also added an editor for Hazardous Oceans, the ability to save oceans and I am working on a "Add Ocean" button.

4 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

I rewrote the complete UI code of Kittopia to be more modular and cleaner than the current code, because it started to annoy me. :) I abstracted a lot of stuff, and made some general improvements to the UI.
It is still using the old IMGUI, because I don't have the time to redo the whole UI with the new one, even though it would be faster and would save memory.

I also added an editor for Hazardous Oceans, the ability to save oceans and I am working on a "Add Ocean" button.

Cool. Been wanting to try out Hazardous Oceans and easily edit oceans. This should be an intuitive start to that.

1 hour ago, Galacticvoyager said:

1.1.2 support?

I think that speaks for itself.

2 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

The current dev version already works in 1.1.2, I've been testing it myself and so far the only problem I've come across is slow texture exporting time, but hey, it isn't the final version yet, so...

Speaking of the Kittopia test version, how do I get it?

51 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Speaking of the Kittopia test version, how do I get it?

I deleted it recently. But you have luck!

KittopiaTech 0.4 is now available from the Github release page (link in the OP), with official 1.1.2 support! Because I literally rewrote the whole mod, there can be still some bugs, and I would like if you would report them to me (if you find some) :)

Changelog

• Reworked the whole UI, made it more modular and easier to read
  • Removed some unused utility functions. Also, if I am not mistaken, there is no code written by @KCreator anymore :(
  • Removed the need for Kittopia.cfg, you can edit the strength of a Normal map ingame
  • You can now enter whatever you want into the numeric fields. If the value isn't parseable, you get a warning and Kittopia won't apply it.
  • Added Support for adding / editing Hazardous Oceans
  • Other stuff I forgot

Enjoy! :)

2 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

I deleted it recently. But you have luck!

KittopiaTech 0.4 is now available from the Github release page (link in the OP), with official 1.1.2 support! Because I literally rewrote the whole mod, there can be still some bugs, and I would like if you would report them to me (if you find some) :)

Changelog

• Reworked the whole UI, made it more modular and easier to read
  • Removed some unused utility functions. Also, if I am not mistaken, there is no code written by @KCreator anymore :(
  • Removed the need for Kittopia.cfg, you can edit the strength of a Normal map ingame
  • Added Support for adding / editing Hazardous Oceans
  • Other stuff I forgot

Enjoy! :)

Sweet! I'm gonna update immediately and try to export a planet, let's hope it doesn't take forever anymore. I actually wonder, how does Kittopia react to the 64-bit version of the game? No sudden explosions or anything?

2 minutes ago, Astrofox said:

How do you export a planet?

1. Open Kittopia

2. Select target planet

3. Check 'export textures'

4. Press 'Update ScaledSpace'

5. Wait as Kittopia exports

6. Find the textures in KittopiaTech/Textures/[PlanetName]

7. PROFIT

2 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

1. Open Kittopia

2. Select target planet

3. Check 'export textures'

4. Press 'Update ScaledSpace'

5. Wait as Kittopia exports

6. Find the textures in KittopiaTech/Textures/[PlanetName]

7. PROFIT

Its a bit different now :)

1. Open Kittopia
  2. Select target planet
  3. Select ScaledSpace Editor
  4. Press "Update Textures"
  5. Wait
  6. Find textures
  7. Be happy

Just now, Thomas P. said:

Its a bit different now :)

1. Open Kittopia
  2. Select target planet
  3. Select ScaledSpace Editor
  4. Press "Update Textures"
  5. Wait
  6. Find textures
  7. Be happy

Little problem. Sometimes the scaled space stuff pauses at a random time, like at 4.30%. The game isn't frozen, but Kittopia is. Help?

2 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Then the exporter crashed. It could be a problem with your config, or with your game state.

(That is long for: I need logs :wink:)

Before I post the configs, I need to say that I'm using the same procedual generation configs from 1.0.5. I'll check my log for anything...

Wow! I am really impressed! You have turned my (poorly made, it needed refactoring a long time ago...) little mod into something really powerful. I'm almost glad that the last traces of my old code has finally been obsoleted :P 

I am curious though. In the original version, I had a bare-bones in-game documentation function. Do you have plans to implement something similar in the future? It may be useful in a couple of ways.

5 hours ago, KCreator said:

Wow! I am really impressed! You have turned my (poorly made, it needed refactoring a long time ago...) little mod into something really powerful. I'm almost glad that the last traces of my old code has finally been obsoleted :P 

I am curious though. In the original version, I had a bare-bones in-game documentation function. Do you have plans to implement something similar in the future? It may be useful in a couple of ways.

Are you reading my mind? :D In fact, I had this idea some weeks ago, I just need to figure out how to implement it properly (design, and so on).

Just now, Astrofox said:

Wait!? @KCreator?!

Wow. You're the stuff of legend. You gave us the original planet factory!

Man, already to see how far this has gone...

That was Kragrathea btw, not KCreator (not that KCreator isn't as genius as Krag :wink:) :P
KCreator made the original KittopiaTech, that was first intended to be an addon for PlanetFactory, then it got his own config and was heavily used in the "dark days" of Kopernicus, where the dev team was nonexistant, and Kopernicus had no PQSLoader. :)
Later, we adopted it, because we felt the need for a GUI, and KCreator / Gravitasi stopped maintaining it.