Leaving KSP... or at least for now...

I haven't actually been playing for a month or so. I am abandoning this account. Maybe I'll make a new one eventually.

KSP will still be one of my favorite games I've ever played, but sometimes I think I get too into it, maybe.

Sorry for filling the forums with useless threads.

Moderators, I think this is in the wrong subforum. Feel free to move it.

9 hours ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

I haven't actually been playing for a month or so. I am abandoning this account. Maybe I'll make a new one eventually.

KSP will still be one of my favorite games I've ever played, but sometimes I think I get too into it, maybe.

Sorry for filling the forums with useless threads.

Moderators, I think this is in the wrong subforum. Feel free to move it.

Abandoning after a month? Pfffft, I've just starting playing again after about a year, and the break before that was between 0.24 and 1.0, also about a year.

Find these sort of announcements a little depressing, its not like you're breaking up with KSP!

You'll be back :wink:

On 5/28/2016 at 9:05 PM, Camacha said:

What is up with all these people making a dramatic goodbye post? When did this become fashionable? If you feel you need to move on, do so.

I figured most everyone plays in cycles.  I know I do.  Eventually I mod it till it breaks and wait a few updates (I skipped 1.0.5).  I actually fear getting burnt out (like seriously terrified, because I know it will come).  

There does seem to be alot of these goodbye posts.  A "protest" maybe?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 6:05 PM, Camacha said:

What is up with all these people making a dramatic goodbye post? When did this become fashionable? If you feel you need to move on, do so.

My guess is that they feel either:

1. Feel some sort of connection with the KSP community (even if the community doesn't actually share the same connection) and feel the need to say goodbye. I consider it a bit like leaving a job and saying goodbye through an email even though most of the people you may send that email to won't actually miss you. It provides a sense of closure to the OP.

2. They don't really feel a connection and are hoping that the slightly dramatic exit will warrant some exposure and attention that they are looking for.

4 minutes ago, Tex Mechs Robot said:

2. They don't really feel a connection and are hoping that the slightly dramatic exit will warrant some exposure and attention that they are looking for.

I am felling pretty pessimistic today, so I will assume it is the second option.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.