shuttle Help

Hey!

If you want to put up pictures on it, use F2 to hide the HUD and F1 to make a screenshot (or the other way around with the Fs I dont really know anymore). Then go to the Screenshots file in your main KerbalSpaceProgram file. Drag them out and upload em to imgur. From there you can use the HTML stuff to put pictures in.

For the download go to the Saves>(name of save)>SPH/VAB (depends where you built it)>and find the file. And just put a download on on Dropbox or KerbalX, NOT MEDIAFIRE.

Someone will probaly fill up the gaps in my tutorial-ish post...

On 5/28/2016 at 0:56 AM, chriswheelz said:

I have a shuttle that flies well, except in autopilot mode. it tends to wabble.

@chriswheelz, without being able to see your shuttle, I'm going to take a shot in the dark.  If you are using the large ("Big-S Elevons") control surfaces for your shuttle, try limiting their control authority.  I limit the control authority in roll on almost all my planes to keep them controllable, and the "Big-S Elevons" are more than necessary at 100% authority.  As an example, my shuttle has it's inboard elevons limited to the pitch axis only and 70% authority, and my outboard elevons are limited to pitch/roll at 30% authority.

As @YoeriCookie pointed out, there are multiple ways to upload screenshots and/or craft files for people to reference.  The biggest thing when asking for assistance with a ship is screenshots (especially in daylight if it's in flight).  A picture is worth a thousand words, and it will make it much easier for people to diagnose possible causes, short of downloading the craft file and test flying it of course. :)

You can also have a look at @Columbia's guide to posting in the Spacecraft Exchange for a step-by-step process.  Hope this helps.

@chriswheelz, I recommend you update your last post with the list of mods you're using on this craft file.  I downloaded the craft to take a look, but but since I'm running stock, I couldn't open the craft file in the VAB.  This information helps other players determine if they can even use your craft file in their KSP prior to downloading. :)

While I haven't looked at the craft, as a general sweeping statement I'd go further than what @Raptor9 said, and entirely lock control surfaces for ascent (don't forge to unlock them again back in the atmosphere!). That's generally the source of people's problems. When you say autopilot, you haven't made clear which autopilot you're talking about - MechJeb ascent guidance? Stock SAS controls? When you say wabble do you mean it yaws left and right? Or does it roll consistently? Or does pitch up and down? These would be useful pieces of information :) If it's rolling unnecessarily, and you're using 3 vectors (again, an assumption), I'd stop 2 of them controlling roll by going into Actuation Control on the engine's right click menu and disabling roll control. If you are going for a standard space shuttle design, based off STS, that should work! 

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.