Rolling back the Tracking Station to tier 2?

Does anyone know how to roll back the tracking station to tier 2, so that it no longer tracks asteroids?  My heavily modded game is occasionally throwing errors, and on rare occasion crashing, due to what appear to be interactions between KAC, Strategia, and spawning/disappearing asteroids.  If there's any way to roll back the tracking station from tier 3 to tier 2, so that asteroids are no longer a factor, I think it would solve my problems for the moment.  I'm happy to edit the persistence file (I've done it before) but I don't know where to look.  Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Here is a possible solution. It requires the mod Custom Barn Kit, which allows you to edit the number of tiers in KSC buildings, and the level at which upgrades are available and other related factors.

Change # of tiers of tracking station to 4

Change unlockedSpaceObjectDiscovery to 4

Don't upgrade any further.

I don't actually know if it will change things that have already been upgraded.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

@Norcalplanner would simply turning off the asteroid filter at the top edge of the tracking station screen not work? 

I tried that first, but it didn't have any effect.  The program was still creating and destroying asteroids in the background, which was creating all sorts of NREs with various mods.  Seems to be working OK now with Nightside's advice.

26 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

I tried that first, but it didn't have any effect.  The program was still creating and destroying asteroids in the background, which was creating all sorts of NREs with various mods.  Seems to be working OK now with Nightside's advice.

Fair enough, just making sure that a quicker and simple (and stock) solution didn't already exist. Glad you got it working for you! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.