Bugged wheels

A guy

3 minutes ago, Mjarf said:

Wheels seem to work well for me. Maybe provide us with a tiny bit more information?

The only mods i have are Bd armory, Future weapons (for bd armory) and VesselMover. 

Edited by A guy

Wheels are a known problem in 1.1.x and are being addressed, but your guess is as good as anyone's when there'll be a fix (don't ask, it's a forbidden subject).

I still say using Unity has caused more unsolvable problems than it should have, and the devs need to start moving away from it and write their own custom game engine specifically tailored for KSP's needs. this one-size-fits-all thing called Unity is a freakin pain in the Kraken.

Edited by Xyphos

23 minutes ago, Xyphos said:

I still say using Unity has caused more unsolvable problems than it should have, and the devs need to start moving away from it and write their own custom game engine specifically tailored for KSP's needs. this one-size-fits-all thing called Unity is a freakin pain in the Kraken.

Unity is tightly integrated into the console release.. losing Unity will not likely be considered.

@A guy, I'm using wheels on aircraft a lot at the moment and I rarely have problems I can't cope with. Try increasing the spring strength and dampers to max, and make sure that wheels that aren't supposed to steer are set to not steer. In fact, unless you're taxi-ing around, you can probably just turn off steering on all the wheels - if your craft has plenty of thrust and isn't too heavy, the rudder will do fine.

1 hour ago, Death Engineering said:

Unity is tightly integrated into the console release.. losing Unity will not likely be considered.

and Therein lies the problem, and those problems are only going to find new homes in every platform released, console, pc, mac, etc.

I am not a computer guy, but here's my story for what it's worth.

I had the same problems as you with wheels on my space planes.  I also had frequent system crashes.

I did a clean install of KSP. and slowly added only mods that have been upgraded and are stable.

Result, no more issues with wheels and game is very stable.  Haven't had a crash in almost two weeks.

I think many of the issues are being caused by conflicting mods. Just my humble opinion.

MM