Avoid Contracts Generation for certain bodies

this of course would be useless in a standard KSP game, since you want contracts to be generated for all bodies

But in many of my mods, I end up generating a few "fake" bodies that should not count as real bodies, and should not have contracts generated for them.

One example is the barycenter object I use for my SigmaBinary mod.

I'm not an expert in contracts generation, and I don't even know if this would be possible, but I would like to have an option to turn off contracts generation for specific bodies.

ISRU contracs already have this option, but that works only for those specific contracts. If there was a more general option that would be very useful

Thanks for your time as always :wink:

Edited by Sigma88

• 2 weeks later...

I'd prefer if the game allowed to pick programs for different bodies. That way we wouldn't have to worry about strange missions the game generates now, because we would set the goals ourselves and the rest would simply not show up in Mission Control.

5 hours ago, Veeltch said:

I'd prefer if the game allowed to pick programs for different bodies. That way we wouldn't have to worry about strange missions the game generates now, because we would set the goals ourselves and the rest would simply not show up in Mission Control.

I think that if the feature I requested will be added to KSP, then what you ask for could be done in a mod.

right now the only way to avoid contracts generation as far as I know (which isn't much admittedly) is to generate the contract, check if it's a forbidden contract and nuke it. then generate it again.

this is of course very bad since it could very well get into an *infinite* loop of generate and nuke

which is not fun

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, nightingale said:

One of the recent dev notes mentioned "planetary weighting of contracts" (in the proposed 1.2 feature set).  I assume this means you could zero weight it for some planets (either through a mod or save file hackery).

Cool, I wasn't aware of that!

21 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Yep, I did ask Brian about this myself a ways back and it's not an easy thing to do, and therefore deferred pending that to which @nightingale refers.

do you know if this multiplier will have to be specified for all contracts or if there is a "master multiplier" that affects them all?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.