The size of Spore's Planets.

Whirligig Girl

On 05/12/2017 at 2:53 PM, Odin-Gaming said:

@kerbiloid That's a dangerous proposition! I wonder if there is another set of values the physical constants could take and result in a complex universe that can harbour life. As in, I know that as things stand, we'd be pretty much screwed if the physical constants wavered even a tiny bit outside of their current values. But if we swung them all enough, in the right directions, is there another "ideal" set of values?

There should be. Logically, before a universe starts, there are literally infinite possibilities- obviously some of them must harbour life. I wouldn't be surprised if the universe we're in can be configured in a way that would increase its longevity.

• 2 years later...
On 5/29/2016 at 4:00 AM, GregroxMun said:

The creators of Spore have seemingly done all they can to hide any reference to real world size units, aside from the Parsec. The Parsec is on a totally different scale from planets, and given the following information I heavily doubt it has any bearing on the real world parsec distance.

The progress bar at the bottom says you're thousands of parsecs from the galactic core when between the center and the edge, but hovering over a save game in a different part of the galaxy shows that the galaxy is only a few hundred parsecs across. So we can't tell how big a parsec actually is now.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:34 AM, ChrisSpace said:

For one thing, just like how IRL we have people who make makeshift cars and yachts, we might see stuff like this:

https://imgur.com/a/zPO4D

Reminds me of Esker's outpost. Really looks like something out of Outer Wilds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.