[1.4.2] Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy 1.1.8 (18/04/2018)

severedsolo

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, sidfu said:

the link to the git is missing unless that is u trying to force people to use ckan.

Look again (don't click the links below, it's a picture):

gcKW3Gm.png

Edited by severedsolo

• 4 weeks later...

I have an issue with Kerbal Academy pack. The Engineer's boot camp contract doesn't work. I put my engineer in the drill, wait 5 minutes (in flight or at KSC, doesn't matter) and the drill disappears together with the kerbal. The kerbal is then marked MIA or KIA and, of course, doesn't progress.

1 minute ago, garwel said:

I have an issue with Kerbal Academy pack. The Engineer's boot camp contract doesn't work. I put my engineer in the drill, wait 5 minutes (in flight or at KSC, doesn't matter) and the drill disappears together with the kerbal. The kerbal is then marked MIA or KIA and, of course, doesn't progress.

Yeah noticed this myself the other day. Did your game go completely haywire when the timer ran out? I'm looking into it.

Just now, severedsolo said:

Yeah noticed this myself the other day. Did your game go completely haywire when the timer ran out? I'm looking into it.

I had strange screen blinking when it happened in-flight (apparently because the vessel in focus suddenly ceased to exist). When it happened in KSC, it just silently disappeared.

Besides, now that I've revived the kerbal, do you know how to cheat him/her experience? I tried adding extraXP in persistent file, but it didn't help.

2 minutes ago, garwel said:

Besides, now that I've revived the kerbal, do you know how to cheat him/her experience? I tried adding extraXP in persistent file, but it didn't help.

Back your save up first - but I think this should work:

If you go into your save, you should see a flight log under that Kerbal.

Looking at my own Valentina Kerman, she has the following line under her 8th entry:

8 = SpecialExperience16,Kerbin

So, if you complete a flight with that kerbal (assuming they haven't completed any already), you should then be able to add:

0 = SpecialExperience2,Kerbin (which would give them enough to get them to level 1).

Not sure if it has to be in order, so add it in the middle of Flight 0 to be safe.

7 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Back your save up first - but I think this should work:

If you go into your save, you should see a flight log under that Kerbal.

Looking at my own Valentina Kerman, she has the following line under her 8th entry:

8 = SpecialExperience16,Kerbin

So, if you complete a flight with that kerbal (assuming they haven't completed any already), you should then be able to add:

0 = SpecialExperience2,Kerbin (which would give them enough to get them to level 1).

Not sure if it has to be in order, so add it in the middle of Flight 0 to be safe.

It didn't work. Instead, I added 0 = Orbit,Kerbin, which did the trick, although I won't be able to score 2 more xp from it.

1 minute ago, garwel said:

It didn't work. Instead, I added 0 = Orbit,Kerbin, which did the trick, although I won't be able to score 2 more xp from it.

Oh yeah, that's in the CC documentation. It has to award the Orbit,Kerbin too. If you add that line AND Orbit,Kerbin it should work (actually, looking at my own bootcamp guys, they are getting SpecialExperience3)

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/02/2017 at 1:33 AM, garwel said:

On 09/02/2017 at 1:35 AM, severedsolo said:

Unless this is for a version prior to 1.1.6, workaround is to stay with the drill, have the engineer leave when the training completes, step off the platform, and then recover (as an astronaut).

9 minutes ago, Zenithas said:

Unless this is for a version prior to 1.1.6, workaround is to stay with the drill, have the engineer leave when the training completes, step off the platform, and then recover (as an astronaut).

IIRC, staying with the drill until the training ended wasn't an option because stuff got broken the moment the timer went off: the screen would blink as the system was apparently trying to draw a vessel while destroying it.

Interesting.  I've done four engineer contracts specifically, haven't had it happen either staying with the vessel, or jumping back to the base view and returning ~10s before the timer finished.

Hello! I am faced with the same issue. Maybe it has to do with time-warp? Need further testing.

Funny thing is that I got that contract, reloaded because of losing the engineer, and now I can't get that contract since it seems I already have one (bob I believe).

Also, any change of some compatibility with MKS's new classes? Then again, if you reach a point where you need them, you probably can afford them anyways Xd

Hi there, having some trouble here. The mod doesn't seem to recognize that I have Kerbals. I started a new career save after installing, and I'm already past the early game and haven't gotten a single contract offered. Moreover, when I scroll through the possible contracts (I believe Contract Configurator is what gives this ability), it says "Unmet" next to the "Have a [Pilot/Engineer/Scientist]" requirement. I should mention I have a bunch of other contract packs installed, as well as Sensible Tech Tree, which might be interfering. Any help is appreciated!

Bump

• 3 weeks later...

I have an issue but it may be due to mod conflict. Most of the missions, in fact all that I can see, give a negative value to completion and a double negative to failure. 

ex: completion -120,000
failure --98,000

Anyone else have this issue? I do have other contract packs, I have the reward modification mod, and I have stragego or strategum or whatever it is. Other contracts are fine so I don't think it's due to a mistake on my end but it may still be a conflict.

Edited by tanelorn

Cross posted to all of my mods, so apologies if you see this more than once.

You've probably noticed that I've not been very active on the forums lately, and there are issues outstanding that I haven't looked into.

I haven't actually played KSP in months, my PC is rapidly reaching the end of it's life (which means I'm moving towards playing games more on consoles) and nightingale has not been active. All of which means I haven't bothered reporting some of the issues upstream in Contract Configurator (mainly involving Kerbal Academy it has to be said), because I don't think they are going to be looked at.
At this point, I'm considering Contract Configurator to be unsupported, which means I've not had much incentive to bother fixing stuff, because I'm not even sure that from 1.3 onwards, there is going to be any support.

Just to be clear, I am not ragging on nightingale - you've offered me so much support over this journey, and if you've decided to move on, I am eternally in your debt.

However, even if I'm wrong, and nightingale is just waiting for 1.3 to come out, something has to give.

For those of you who don't know, my daughter is non-verbal autistic, and was diagnosed in November last year. I also have a full time job. Between supporting her, and my job, I just don't get much time for gaming, and even less for modding.

With all of that in mind, I have made the decision to move on from Contract Pack modding. I will be spending the next week or so resolving the outstanding issues that I can, and make one final release for each of my contract packs. At this point the license will be changed to MIT and I will be offering them up for adoption. Kessler Syndrome and Monthly Budgets will continue to be supported, for bug fixes and recompiles, but they should be considered to be "feature complete" until such time as things even out and I get more time. It may be at some point I drop those too, but for now I'll keep them on.

If you do have any outstanding issues (and I am aware there are many posts on this thread that have been ignored, for which I apologise) - I urge you to raise them on Github as soon as possible, as I will be clearing the Github issues out, and then releasing.

I'd like to thank you all for your help, encouragement and general niceness on this journey. I have learnt alot, and you are all amazing people.

Lastly, I want to tag the usual suspects, so they see this post if they want to adopt anything - namely: @nightingale, @pap1723, @inigma and @linuxgurugamer (sorry if I've forgotten anyone).

• 4 weeks later...

Kerbal Academy 1.1.7 released!

• Fixed issue where Boot Camp would try to delete the engineer training drill while Kerbal was still in it, and implode the universe.
  • Boot Camp now has a 30 day cooldown, to stop endless loops of offering while Crew R&R is installed.
  • License updated to MIT.

This is the final release of Kerbal Academy (barring any hotfixes that arise from this release). Support will officially end on 14 May 2017.

Thanks for that.. this is one of my favourite mods, it's good to hear the last known bug has been squashed.

Edited by JAFO

@JAFO you edited out the question about 1.3 but you probably won't be the only person to ask:

Generally speaking Contract Packs do not need to be updated for new KSP releases. Assuming that Contract Configurator is updated, it should still work.

After (belatedly) reading the post before it, I realised you'd pretty much answered my question anyway.

Best wishes for the future, for your and your daughter.. hopefully one day you'll have the time to return here.

Hi @severedsolo  Many thanks for your work.

In contract "Kerbal Academy: Boot Camp", which for Scientists, found small misprint.
Objectives says: "If your new recruit is not an Engineer, ignore training drill".

Must be something like that?

notes = If your new recruit is not @/roleString == "Scientists." ? "a Scientist" : "an Engineer", please ignore the Training Drill.

And one more thing.. in my case for Scientist Bootcamp contract with magnetometer scan, useless drilling machine with no magnetometers was placed on crawleway.

Edited by Dep

6 hours ago, Dep said:

Hi @severedsolo  Many thanks for your work.

In contract "Kerbal Academy: Boot Camp", which for Scientists, found small misprint.
Objectives says: "If your new recruit is not an Engineer, ignore training drill".

Must be something like that?

notes = If your new recruit is not @/roleString == "Scientists." ? "a Scientist" : "an Engineer", please ignore the Training Drill.

And one more thing.. in my case for Scientist Bootcamp contract with magnetometer scan, useless drilling machine with no magnetometers was placed on crawleway.

That's not a misprint. The first "issue" you mentioned literally explains the second. When you do a boot camp mission, that training rig spawns, regardless of which class it's for. The objective text is telling you that if you are not doing an Engineer boot camp, you should ignore the Training Drill.

2 hours ago, Merkov said:

That's not a misprint. The first "issue" you mentioned literally explains the second. When you do a boot camp mission, that training rig spawns, regardless of which class it's for. The objective text is telling you that if you are not doing an Engineer boot camp, you should ignore the Training Drill.

I'm just read "Training drill" as "Training excersise", but not "Training boer" or somesing. Now i see, thanks.

IMHO, little correction of contract description does not hurt.