[1.4.2] Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy 1.1.8 (18/04/2018)

severedsolo

Does anyone have success with the current version of Boot Camp for Engineers in 1.2.2.? Mining rig remains & the requirements never advance past "Exit the training vehicle once the simulation is complete," whether I leave the new recruit in the rig, take her out & return her to the rig & recover, take her out and recover her immediately, or take her out & wait. Same results with a fresh male recruit, same results with level 0 Bill.

Severedsolo said regarding v1.1.6, "if you have "Kerbals gain experience immediately" turned on, they should level up straight away". How do you set this?

6 hours ago, Jellybug said:

Does anyone have success with the current version of Boot Camp for Engineers in 1.2.2.? Mining rig remains & the requirements never advance past "Exit the training vehicle once the simulation is complete," whether I leave the new recruit in the rig, take her out & return her to the rig & recover, take her out and recover her immediately, or take her out & wait. Same results with a fresh male recruit, same results with level 0 Bill.

I'm aware there is still a small issue with this. I will fix it soon™ - I want to leave the pack in a working state.

6 hours ago, Jellybug said:

Severedsolo said regarding v1.1.6, "if you have "Kerbals gain experience immediately" turned on, they should level up straight away". How do you set this?

In the difficulty settings when you start a new game (or from the pause menu) - I think it's under Advanced.

Thanks for that!

If it helps, I did get it to work consistently. EVA after the five minutes are up, leave the engineer on the ground nearby. "Exit" the flight to the Space Center. Then "Fly" the engineer. The drill rig will load, physics will process, the rig disappears, and the mission completes. Switching to the rig (] button) didn't do it, Space Center - Fly the rig didn't do it.

This is on 1.2.2, with KIS/KAS, other CC contract packs, and less relevant UI & graphics mods.

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't look like a bug. The idea of the academy contracts is that you are paying for training, hence the negative advance. If you fail, you still get penalized, hence the negative failure.

On 2017-6-3 at 7:29 AM, severedsolo said:

I'm aware there is still a small issue with this. I will fix it soon™ - I want to leave the pack in a working state.

About this, I understand Kerbal Academy disables stock rescue missions. But could it disable them using "stock method"? I mean, if I enable stock rescue missions again in the difficult settings menu, they should get back, shouldn't they?

1 hour ago, jlcarneiro said:

About this, I understand Kerbal Academy disables stock rescue missions. But could it disable them using "stock method"? I mean, if I enable stock rescue missions again in the difficult settings menu, they should get back, shouldn't they?

It should turn them back on again if you turn them back on through CC's difficulty menu.

If for whatever reason that isn't working you can just remove the disabledContract line from KerbalAcademy.cfg

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm. I seem to have a problem :-S. I want to do the basic engineering quest but it says in the quest that im missing the vessel. I see some speak of a drilling vessel outside the VAB but I dont seem to have it.

Iv installed it through CKAN :-)

/Espen

On 7/7/2017 at 7:41 PM, EspenB89 said:

Hmm. I seem to have a problem :-S. I want to do the basic engineering quest but it says in the quest that im missing the vessel. I see some speak of a drilling vessel outside the VAB but I dont seem to have it.

Iv installed it through CKAN :-)

/Espen

Hi.

I am in the same situation.

Someone knows if there is a way to edit some config or save file to reappear Training Drill?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2017 at 0:51 PM, vagabond77 said:

Hi.

I am in the same situation.

Someone knows if there is a way to edit some config or save file to reappear Training Drill?

Thanks.

Similar situation.  I received a "Crew Base or Station" contract to load two Kerbals onto "Training Drill", and am unable to complete the contract because there is no "Training Drill" near the launch pad where it seems previous users have had one.  I tried building a new vessel and naming it "Training Drill" but that didn't satisfy the contract either.

If I look at the mission in the contracts toolbar button, Training Drill is instead given as "Training Drill (TBD)".

I copied all of the *.log files from this mod's subfolder, along with all the *.log files in the game's base directory, and put them into this 7zip.

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry if I missed it the solution, really enjoying the Academy but I seem to be stuck on a flight school mission.

I can find the first waypoint (training start point) but when I go to the next waypoint (1st waypoint) it won't trigger. I haven't added any mods, it just happened a few days ago. 

The contract asks for Valentina and Gilorf to be on board (they are, I've tried each as the pilot) 

I've gotten withing 50m of the waypoint and nada. Since I've already paid the price I really hope I don't have to cancel it.

Any help would be great! thanks guys

Fly SAFE!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 4:02 PM, zyber said:

When i try to accept a mission from the academy missons, northing happens :( is this because of the update 1,4? and is this mod dead?

Love the mod BTW :)

Can you explain more in depth what you did, and what you expected to happen?

(with pictures, heres a app that lets you grab parts of your screen [https://gyazo.com/download?lang=en])  

I have no control over this mod, but plan to have a look at using it again myself, and maybe trying to fix things. 

[EDIT] Support for this mod ended back in May 2017, going to see if there may be anyway to keep it alive. It's under MIT so I can safely work to release an updated version. Maybe.

Edited by Mark Kerbin

3 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

[EDIT] Support for this mod ended back in May 2017, going to see if there may be anyway to keep it alive. It's under MIT so I can safely work to release an updated version. Maybe.

Just give @severedsolo a quick courtesy ping since he's still around these days.

Hypothetically, since it's a non-code mod stuff should "just work" regardless of KSP version, but it's entirely possible there's bugs in Contract Configurator from changes in KSP, or bugs in the contract config itself.  If you do find issues, feel free to report them on the CC thread or tracker.

Well I'm playing with this mod in 1.4.1 right now, and I have not encountered issues yet. That's ofcourse not proof that it is bug free, but since it is, as nightingale points out, a non-code mod it can be expected to work unless there is a bug in contract configurator.

But as I said, it seems to be working just fine for me.

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

Just give @severedsolo a quick courtesy ping since he's still around these days.

Hypothetically, since it's a non-code mod stuff should "just work" regardless of KSP version, but it's entirely possible there's bugs in Contract Configurator from changes in KSP, or bugs in the contract config itself.  If you do find issues, feel free to report them on the CC thread or tracker.

Already pinged the man. 

Yeah I know its just code stuff, but ya never know. Figured it could use someone to keep it alive.

Haha... I found a bug, that I know was not there back in 1.2. Doing the Engineer boot camp mission, the spawned vessel is somehow below ground, or mostly below ground...... I can't board it at least.... It's like to topmost part of the vessel i above ground, right where the probe core is.

@nightingale could this be a CC bug? I'm thinking maybe CC or KSP, because there is no height in the behavior to adjust.

The configuration is like

BEHAVIOUR
{
    name = SpawnVessel
    type = SpawnVessel
	VESSEL
    {
        name = Training Drill
        craftURL = ContractPacks/KerbalAcademy/Ships/Driller.craft
        flagURL = ContractPacks/KerbalAcademy/Agents/KerbalAcademy
        vesselType = Base
        owned = true
		pqsCity = KSC
		pitch = 180
	}
}

EDIT: Quick save and then quick load, repeat got the vessel to above ground.... LOL

Edited by Warezcrawler

On 28/03/2018 at 12:45 AM, Mark Kerbin said:

Already pinged the man. 

Yeah I know its just code stuff, but ya never know. Figured it could use someone to keep it alive.

I already replied by pm, but just to make it clear. I'm perfectly happy for anyone to take this over (or any of my old packs) - I'm just not interested in doing CC stuff now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

This mod does not work for non-US (localized) versions of the KSP.

That's because the mod compares ExperienceTrait() values with constant strings like "Pilot", "Engineer", "Scientist". But those values differ from one localization to another.

Here are possible solutions:

1. Add localization strings for "Pilot", "Engineer", "Scientist" to the mod.

2. Change the ContractConfigurator mod to return non-locale depended values (but that can possibly ruin mods)

3. Add to the ContractConfigurator mod *.cfg parser a non-locale depended variable like "ExperienceTraitType" and change the KA mod to use these variables instead of ExperienceTrait var.

Temporary fix: replace all strings "Pilot", "Engineer", "Scientist" with your game language equivalents in the mod's cfg files.

@KspUser - Raised jrossignol/ContractConfigurator#657.  Right now Contract Configurator doesn't support localization (lots of work to support it in the internals, but it's a way bigger effort to make stuff like this work properly).  Hopefully one day I'll get to it, but in the meantime the fix will probably be closer to having it return the English string always.

@Mark Kerbin - Not sure if you're still looking at taking this over, but if you are then I'm considering a better fix to this that would break this contract pack.  If you are then keep an eye on the linked issue above and I'll put all the fix details in there once they are availble.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, nightingale said:

I've broken this contract pack with a recent change to Contract Configurator - the fix is to remove the quotes around "Pilot", "Engineer" and "Scientist" in the various contracts.

Thanks for the notice -- it may be something we can DIY fix ourselves for the short-term?

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

Thanks for the notice -- it may be something we can DIY fix ourselves for the short-term?

Yup, right now that's the only option available until someone takes over this contract pack.

Heh. I was looking through the github, browsing the files to see how many instances of "Scientist," etc. there are and realizing there weren't any. After a moment of confusion, where nightingale would be told that this may not be the actual problem... I noticed that the update times had changed on all the files -- @severedsolo was already in there fixing them.

(Sorry for ruining the surprise! -- I was about ready to submit the easiest pull request, ever! :D )

Edited by Beetlecat

Aww @Beetlecat ruined the surprise.

A wild update appeared!

Kerbal Academy 1.1.8 Released

• Updated to Contract Configurator 1.25
  • Training Drill now has batteries and a ladder.
  • Fixed Engineer Boot Camp not completing (for real this time).
  • Training Drill will now only despawn if Pilot or Scientist Boot Camp completed. Engineers will have to recover it themselves.

Edited by severedsolo