Is there a command pod that has higher seating capacity

2 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Try Near Future Spacecraft by Nertea. It has a large pod that's 2.5m on top and 3.75m on the bottom that holds 6, IIRC.

^ This.  I recently started using that pod, and it's really sweet.  The artwork is great, and has a nice cabin-lights animation.  Would love to see a pod like that in stock.

It does have a bug in it that its drag cube is 5 meters, so if you have it in the middle of a stack of 3.75m / 2.5m parts during reentry, it'll mysteriously overheat and go boom while everything else around it is fine.  But other than that, it's a nice part.

4 hours ago, thomj084 said:

HI EliteKerbalPlayers,

Is there any mod or command module known that looks similar to the Mk1-2 Command Pod but has a higher seating capacity say about 6 or more?

Thanks,

Joel

Obviously you have a reason for asking but have you just tried sticking a hitchiker container behind the pod?  If all you want is passenger capacity the parts are there.

Hi @Pecan,

The obvious route would be the Hitchhiker Container but I want to replicate the Orion MCMV and MAV (Mars Ascend Vehicle). Fortunately, the HERMES mod by xxhandsonmaxxand Orbital Escape that has the MAV. So I've used that to create my Orion MCMV and soon my MAV module. Here are some pictures 

D5779E51F1A863370417A65B5FF20DA8E9DC8112

On 29.5.2016 at 0:31 AM, Snark said:

It does have a bug in it that its drag cube is 5 meters, so if you have it in the middle of a stack of 3.75m / 2.5m parts during reentry, it'll mysteriously overheat and go boom while everything else around it is fine.  But other than that, it's a nice part.

Is that still the case, though? You reported this on May 12th, and Nertea posted an update for NF Spacecraft on May 17th where he did something to the PPD-1 (removing an excess node or something). Have you tested this after the update?

If the drag cube is still wrong I'll raise an issue on Github so it doesn't get lost.

7 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Is that still the case, though? You reported this on May 12th, and Nertea posted an update for NF Spacecraft on May 17th where he did something to the PPD-1 (removing an excess node or something). Have you tested this after the update?

If the drag cube is still wrong I'll raise an issue on Github so it doesn't get lost.

Drag cube issue is still there.

I was all excited when I heard that he'd updated, but when I read the update notes for that part, I saw that he didn't mention the drag cube problem, or fixing anything with it, or the part's mesh-- just about removing an extra node, which I believe is to address an unrelated issue.  So I went to check PartsDatabase.cfg, and the drag cube is still showing as over 5 meters square.  So it looks like he didn't do anything to address that particular problem, as far as I can tell.

Kerbodyne Plus has a 24-seat pod, but of course it's of ungodly size.

OPT Spaceplanes have aircraft cockpits that hold up to 10.  Prakasa spaceplanes has a number of cockpits that seat 6 or more, including a double-decker Mk3 that holds about 20 IIRC.

The Taurus HCV is a 3.75m capsule that seats 7, although it hasn't been updated to 1.1.2 and might not be.

Rocket Factory has pods in a number of sizes that seat up to 11.

That should get you started.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.