Kerbal 3d model, for seat modeling

Not really possible to my knowing.

But you can outline the kerbals quite quickly by positioning some very basic geometry (just flat cubes) , one for the soles of the feet, one for the feets, one for the bottom, one for the back, one for the neck and maybe one or two for the neckring. Then quick export, and use the new iva overlay to see how the real positioning is, then adjust, re-export, adjust, re-export.

Got my kazbek right during a rainy afternoon. Thing is: male and female kerbals are offset, see http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9009

(there you can see my placeholder geometry, too, like described above).

• 2 months later...

This post is old, but it kept coming up in google searches when I was trying to find something like this, so presumably other people encounter it the same way. After having no luck, I made one. It's ugly as sin, so you wouldn't want to use it in any final products, but I've spent some time tweaking it to make sure that it works for positioning internal cameras, and would also work for making a seat.

Basically I just dropped this into my IVA model, put a InternalSeat transform at it's origin, and kept fiddling with it and re-launching KSP until this cut-rate Bender-looking model was fairly well overlapping the actual in-game kerbal.

blender__d__kerbal_my_modding_other_usab

https://github.com/maekern/Misc-KSP-Modding-Things/blob/master/kerbonaut-for-camera-positioning.blend

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.