Which mod can pause an airplane in atmosphere?

Ser

I know there was such a mod for 1.0.5 but now I can't find any traces of it and completely forgot its name. Is it still alive?

Why do I need that mod: often I have to perform long atmospheric flights to complete surface survey contracts on the opposite side of Kerbin and after 2.5 hours of flight when only 50km is left to the waypoint, KAC says "Tada! Your satellite nears Apoapsis and needs to be babysitted. Switch or die". So it would be quite neat to pause the plane where it is, switch to the satellite and then get back to the point where I've left.

1 hour ago, Acvila said:

try this

Are you sure? Neither the description nor the video shows that this mod can freeze an aircraft mid-flight and let you switch to space center and back.

Edited by Ser

it was air park

Currently abandoned but has been integrated into Hooligan Labs airship mod.

For now though, you can do some SFS file merging if you want. You can now save a flight while in atmosphere so just quicksave and then switch to your probe. Take care of that, and then when you go back to the space center make a copy of your SFS file. Now quickload back to the plane and finish that mission. Now after you're back at the space center exit to the main menu (or quit the game) and then copy the VESSEL{} data for your probe over the node in your main SFS file. Now everything is all synced up.

Or schedule things better :wink:

Edited by Gaiiden

39 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

it was air park

Currently abandoned but has been integrated into Hooligan Labs airship mod.

Thanks a lot. I've expected that it could lie in ruins.

39 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Or schedule things better :wink:

Oh, I've tried. But it's a pain even with 3 satellites in KSO and contracts expiring around every 6-12 hours, plus the desired spot being out of darkness on 3 / 3 basis. "Schedule better" means "don't fly or miss something".

There's another possibility: try to revive the mod :wink:

Edited by Ser

1 hour ago, Ser said:

Are you sure? Neither the description nor the video shows that this mod can freeze an aircraft mid-flight and let you switch to space center and back.

you are right, i didn't read well, it's only for time control and pause it, not switching vessels. there is a mod which allow you to launch a two stage ship and after decouple first stage u can go to orbit with second stage and after that you can go back time and land first stage, maybe that mod can do what u say, but i don't remember it's name.

Just now, Acvila said:

you are right, i didn't read well, it's only for time control and pause it, not switching vessels. there is a mod which allow you to launch a two stage ship and after decouple first stage u can go to orbit with second stage and after that you can go back time and land first stage, maybe that mod can do what u say, but i don't remember it's name.

It's FMRS mod. Last time I was using it, it was all around separating stages. But I need my plane in one piece. Thanks for the effort.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.