Money for Career Players !!!

Hello there, 
I've seen many users around the web playing in career mode and whining for money, and some of them are forced to cheat 'cause wrong decision or exploding things.
What I was thinking is to create a mod, or maybe the Squad could take it in consideration :wink: where the administrative building could search for sponsors to help the agency to avoid the bankrupt or maybe the sponsor could cover part or a total of the current vassel cost !

Also, could be interesting to have a Bank system so you can ask for a credit, to lunch a rocket and, on this way recover some money that in future will be used to refound the bank.
.... this will give some chance to the players, and keep the current match Alive !

Hey modders, think about it ^_^

Edited by MaximilianPs

Loans right here : 

The idea of sponsorship, PR, raising funds outside of the contract system, etc. seems like a good idea.

Although, I'm a bit too busy right now to start designing a mod that would overhaul the administration like Strategia is doing. If you can provide some well-thought design mechanics to could replace the current system, I'd be willing to discuss that. Or to anyone that cares about this "lacking" administration building.

Well I guess under Administration Building could be added 2 buttons, "Loan" and "Sponsor Scouting"
Loan should be just a button, I dunno if it possibile, maybe on the side description could be added a button instead the slider, so when you click on it, you could open your Kerbal Bank window.

Sponsor Scouting could work a bit in more standard way, with the slider you could set how frequently or the minimum amount of credits the sponsor should pay, then from time to time, when the user are in main screen (where you see all buildings, a pop-up could appear with (or maybe a flashing icon?)  with the offers.

I was thinking that we could name the Sponsor (like Kocakebal, Nikerbal and so on), and add some banners around lunch platform or on the runway if the player agree with sponsor. In this case I could help with 3D Modelling and texturing.

Also, based on reputation we could add some terraces full of spectators (based on reputation) and Kerbals will pay to assist to the lunch :)
... maybe we could try.

POMb0Th.jpg

Edited by MaximilianPs
Grammar pedant on Myself

The basic principle behind strategies [from what I've gathered so far] from the administration building is to convert one resource into another; either immediately (like the bail-out grant) or intricately applying ratios into other systems (fundraising, research program, recovery transponders, etc.).

For loans, the administration UI could be used as you described, However the payment of the installment would be hardly integrated into that UI. Hence, why i had designed a stand-alone mod/window/scenario data.

I like the idea for sponsorship, but it sounds more like a contract than a strategy [in KSP terms]. (e.g. Build a rocket named Rek Bull and reach orbit; return a capsule displaying Winter Owl flag from the Mun)

In order to keep this post short, i'll do a new one with the idea you gave me :wink:

From what you have described, and the basic principles behind "administrative" jobs, it is all about investment.

Let's say you have a given budget of resources which would be deducted periodically (e.g. 100k funds per year, 5 science per day, 10 reputation per month) sliders at the top of the UI. You would then invest those resources according to your style of management into the different strategies available. I could invest reputation over time into fundraising, to effectively get a return in funds also over time. For strategies like scouting, it could increase the "chance" for a sponsored contract and their frequency.

Investments are not always sure bets, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Your strategies could randomly "fail" (get less than expected in return; or even not cover the costs).

Experience is also a big factor in reality. Having Mortimer Kerman do the fundraising could be safe, but also yield a lower return. While using another kerbal could potentially yield a lot more.

In this design, I hardly see how loans could be integrated into that UI, maybe another tab dedicated to finances. Interest rates and terms could be variable based on who is negotiating, current investments and the institution (e.g governments vs. banks); loans are tricky this way.

Let me know what you think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.