HarvesteR Easter Egg

theJesuit

With @HarvesteR leaving the development of the game after 5 years, and given it was his vision which kicked it off, it may be appropriate to add an Easter Egg monument somewhere.

I would suggest in wherever his favourite place is.

I know people have come and gone in the development over the past five years, but I think Felipe has been particularly important!

Peace. 

23 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

With @HarvesteR leaving the development of the game after 5 years, and given it was his vision which kicked it off, it may be appropriate to add an Easter Egg monument somewhere.

I would suggest in wherever his favourite place is.

I know people have come and gone in the development over the past five years, but I think Felipe has been particularly important!

Peace. 

I second the motion!

Edited by Just Jim

Dang, somebody beat me to posting this thread.  Yes.  This.

Here is my proposal for what it should be.

2 hours ago, KerrMü said:

Dear Felipe

Thank you for your vision and all the hard work. With KSP you´ve created something inspiring, something creative and beautiful. For me it is simply the most awesome game I have ever played. I will always remember the sheer joy I felt after my first succesful munlanding and on many other occasions.

I wish you all the best for your future plans, and be sure I´m very curious what your next project will be.

Lastly: Please don´t take this too serious, but hey man, this is for you :wink:

WQWis8y.png

Thanks (sniff)

Like that... only bigger.  I want to be able to land on it.

On top of a mountain somewhere-- perhaps Kerbin's highest peak might be appropriate.

"Mount HarvesteR"

7 minutes ago, Snark said:

On top of a mountain somewhere-- perhaps Kerbin's highest peak might be appropriate.

"Mount HarvesteR"

I think that'd be really cool, like the Kraken on bop.  Though maybe not on Kerbin, seems to easy to get to.  Perhaps somewhere on Eeloo or Laythe, both of which don't have easter eggs as far as I know. 

I hear a second, the matter is (and has been) open for debate.

Does anyone know the Lat and Long for Squad's headquarters?

I suggest that it go in the same location, on Kerbin, just like the Moon landing monument.

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

I hear a second, the matter is (and has been) open for debate.

Does anyone know the Lat and Long for Squad's headquarters?

I suggest that it go in the same location, on Kerbin, just like the Moon landing monument.

Well, I think Felipe's from Brazil... maybe find a mountain on Kerbin that's overlooking a beautiful bay somewhere, and put up the statue a la Rio de Janeiro's famous landmark?

5 minutes ago, Snark said:

Well, I think Felipe's from Brazil... maybe find a mountain on Kerbin that's overlooking a beautiful bay somewhere, and put up the statue a la Rio de Janeiro's famous landmark?

Perhaps a statue of his avatar fighting a Kraken?

Holy cow this is the thread from which I learned HarvesteR was leaving. At least partially because there doesn't seem to be another one.

I'm down for an Easter Egg (I'm down for more of any type of Easter Eggs) but maybe the next planet or moon added (if ever there is one) could be named Felipe?

58 minutes ago, Snark said:

"Mount HarvesteR"

You punned.

that style of column - fluted upright with curled top treatment - is called "Ionic style"

If Felipe/HarvesteR's from Brazil, it should totally look something like this (perhaps without the religious connotations - I dunno, his call I gues):

Maybe on the mountains overlooking KSC would be cool. (There's plenty of hard-to-get-to Easter Eggs, this one should be making a statement imho)

cristo-redentor-rio-de-janeiro.jpg

Edited by The_Rocketeer

7 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Holy cow this is the thread from which I learned HarvesteR was leaving. At least partially because there doesn't seem to be another one.

FYI, this thread spun off from the big announcement thread in the Daily Kerbal.

4 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

If Felipe/HarvesteR's from Brazil, it should totally look something like this

...as suggested just a few posts above:wink:

43 minutes ago, Snark said:

FYI, this thread spun off from the big announcement thread in the Daily Kerbal.

Bah. That's what I get for never visiting the actual site and instead using the activity streams. I saw "My farewell to Kerbal Space Program" and thought it was just another of those "I'm leaving forever because of some reason" threads from some random person. Had I noticed it was from HarvesteR...

No, the bugs are a feature.

I like the statue idea. But maybe we should let the Devs decide where to put it? That way, we have to find it. And what could honor HarvestR better than by playing his game?

42 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

No, the bugs are a feature.

I like the statue idea. But maybe we should let the Devs decide where to put it? That way, we have to find it. And what could honor HarvestR better than by playing his game?

I think it's kinda inevitable the devs will decide this one. I mean, unless you're secretly tweaking all their work or something...

As for finding it... well, I found a couple of monoliths, 2 mun arches and the north pole UFO for myself. Everything else I found after reading a post about (drumroll please) KSP Easter Eggs!

Actually, the Armstrong Monument might've been an exception, cos I pretty much landed next to it by fluke. But my point is, I don't think many actually have the patience to methodically hunt for Easter Eggs. Regardless of whether it's public vote or under-the-counter dev hijinks, I think most people who visit it will either do so because it's glaringly obvious (mountaintop!) or because they looked it up online after someone else found it.

How about putting a monument of him near, or in, the Inland Space Center?

I mean, it'd make sense (for a personal stand-point) for putting it nearby the original KSC buildings, marking the creation and older versions of Kerbal Space Program when the buildings were in use.

It doesn't sound as amazing as putting it on the highest mountain or something like that, but I feel it'd make the most sense (in terms of placement).

Edited by Fred Cop

I think we should put it in an iconic place that represents KSP.

Where that would be, I'm not sure. I think the Inland Space Centre and Kraken are good ideas, but I personally support it being on Eeloo because of the exploration needed to get there, which is what symbolises KSP for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.