The children between worlds <Revived>

Spaceception

I got the idea from this video;

So now I have a second book, along with short stories with daniel l. So this will be good practice for when I have lots of homework in the future :D

Since I'm still thinking about the idea, the first chapter will take awhile, but there will be a Gas Giant about 8 Jupiter masses in the habitable zone that captured a habitable planet between the size of Earth and Mars as it migrated, and towed along a Mars sized moon, and the Gas Giant orbits a K type main sequence.

Here's the basic plot;

A primitive medieval civilization, an early space faring civilization, two Moons, two civilizations, what would happen if they made contact?

Several years after an Asteroid hits a city, and kills millions, a scientist convinces his government to fund a space program, several years after it starts up, they find that the nearby Moon they call 'The Twin' hosts an Avian civilization a few hundred years of development behind them, realizing that the civilization may teach them more about their early development, they start a mission to make contact, and bring both of their civilizations to the golden age.

@Atlas2342 @Findthepin1 Want to help with this one as well?

Edited by Spaceception

The space faring aliens are rodent like, have small tails, are short, around a metre tall, have medium sized brains, love to learn and build, are pacifist, and grew in technology quickly, they can evade quickly, but have fast metabolisms, but their ability to learn quickly, and adapt gives them an edge. They live on the larger of the two habitable Moons.

The medieval civilization aliens are birdlike, a bit taller, learn a bit slower, but have mastered flight, are somewhat pacifist, instead of boats, they have their wings to guide them across the surface, and have a slow metabolism, so they have lots of energy. They live on the smaller of the two habitable Moons.

Life was spread between the planets, and the two are very similar to each other, the rodent species lives on the cool continental world with almost equal parts water and land, and lots of large forests, and the bird species lives on a cool forest world, with much more land then water with most of the land covered in dense conifer trees.

Edited by Spaceception

@Spaceception

Definitely want to help. What can I do for this, specifically?

Also, I agree that the concept is interesting. Although the chance of two civilizations forming, from two completely different species, on moons around the same planet, within a few thousand years of each other, is somewhat unlikely, I think this could be developed into a much more expansive thing.

Is this going to be solely a worldbuilding project like the Alternate Solar System (needs a new acronym, lol), or a book like Void?

Edited by Findthepin1

7 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

@Spaceception

Definitely want to help. What can I do for this, specifically?

Also, I agree that the concept is interesting. Although the chance of two civilizations forming, from two completely different species, on moons around the same planet, within a few thousand years of each other, is somewhat unlikely, I think this could be developed into a much more expansive thing.

Is this going to be solely a worldbuilding project like the Alternate Solar System (needs a new acronym, lol), or a book like Void?

Editing :)

It's science fiction for a reason.

No, and yes.

31 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

When will we have something to work with?

Dunno, But I've finished a page, but this is going to be a bit hard to write since I have to create an entirely new species.

But I can tell you guys this; 1 year on the space faring civilization is 1 cycle around their parent planet, and is 2 Earth months, and 1 year for their parent planet is 3.4 cycles, or about 200 days, the Gas giant orbits in the center of the HZ and gets .72 percent flux, compared to what Earth gets.

There's 4 planets, and 8 Moons in this system, the is a metal rich Sub-Earth that is also about 120C, next is the 8 Jupiter mass gas giant, with 4 Moons, 2 with life, one covered in ice with no atmosphere, another rich in metals (I had to alter the orbits of the habitable Moons, because since they were so close to the parent star, it sometimes pulled the Moons away, so the 4 Moons have orbits of 2.3, 6, 10, and 18 days roughly, with the 2 outermost Moons belonging to the medieval and space faring civilization respectively) and the outermost planet is a ringless Jupiter-like gas giant with 2 ice covered Moons, and a gas dwarf 'moon' with 2 moons, one mostly made of silicate, and little in precious metals, and one rock and ice, with a thick atmosphere, there's also a metal rich Mars sized body trailing the two with a very thick atmosphere, likely a ejected moon. The parent star is a K3 main sequence star.

What do you guys think?

EDITS ARE IN RED

Edited by Spaceception

What would be really cool is if the gas giant has a gas dwarf moon as well....

A fast metabolism necessitates a lot of eating. Maybe 6 meals a day? Also, are the rodents 1 meter long or tall?

The birds would probably have a faster metabolism. You know, since they're flying. 

The metabolism determines how fast they use their stores energy and energy from food. If flying is a regular part of life, their metabolism would likely be higher.

Edited by Bill Phil

7 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

A fast metabolism necessitates a lot of eating. Maybe 6 meals a day? Also, are the rodents 1 meter long or tall?

The birds would probably have a faster metabolism. You know, since they're flying. 

The metabolism determines how fast they use their stores energy and energy from food. If flying is a regular part of life, their metabolism would likely be higher.

Maybe I'll increase the size of the outer gas giant, and add it :)

I'll fix the metabolism part :)

They're around 1 meter tall.

Edited by Spaceception

16 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

There's a gas dwarf in a 68 day orbit, both have 2 Moons each, and there's a Mars sized trailing object, the main gas giant has an orbital period of nearly 3 years.

7 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

I can always provide some help with science.

That would be great. :)

On a planet with 80% of Earth's gravity, and .64 Atmospheres, what would be the Kármán line, MaxQ, and SOI? It doesn't have to be exact, just a ballpark.

Edited by Spaceception

4 hours ago, Spaceception said:

That would be great. :)

On a planet with 80% of Earth's gravity, and .64 Atmospheres, what would be the Kármán line, MaxQ, and SOI? It doesn't have to be exact, just a ballpark.

That's mostly atmospheric. I'm not an atmo guy.

For the SOI, I need the distance between the two bodies. In this case, the gas giant and the .8 earth mass moon.

3 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

That's mostly atmospheric. I'm not an atmo guy.

For the SOI, I need the distance between the two bodies. In this case, the gas giant and the .8 earth mass moon.

3,960,088 km.

Edited by Spaceception

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.