Spaceception

TCBW: Chapter 4/Important update, please read. 3/16/17

111 posts in this topic

Just now, Spaceception said:

kermit

It's "Tealizard" for you. :wink:

1 person likes this

Okay guys, lets try something new (I'll be doing this for Infinitum as well) I'm going to start posting the first 300 words of each new chapter here, just so you can see my progress, I think this'll work well because it's the first few hundred words of the next chapter, not a couple hundred random words further along.

Anyway, here :)

Spoiler

On the surface of Urncisa

Lo’ez, a messenger for King O’as, was on his way to meet King Khuu. A powerful king whose empire was one of the largest, only out-sized by O’as’ empire, it was a several X’a away by gliding, and he gently skimmed just K’x’ over the trees with a gliding machine that allowed him to glide extremely long distances without tiring, and used small pedals to keep it airborne. If he used just his wings, it would take many X’a due to fatigue taking over.

He came upon the guard posts several V’l after leaving the castle, large but lightweight structures that spanned across several trees in order to spread the weight around, they were used for defensive purposes, and he made a gentle landing, everyone who left the empire was required to gain exit, and entry by the guards or they would have the authority to shoot on sight with the mechanized trebuchets that could hurl stones, and black powder bombs several hundred K’x, they were quite impressive and exceptionally powerful, the only problem was that wars were more brutal, and many mistakes were made when they accidentally took down one of their own.

“Hello Lo’ez, what brings you here today?” Asked the guard, he was getting used to seeing him, giving messages to Khuu mostly, to keep the fragile peace between them.

“I’m delivering a message to King Khuu.” He said.

“May I see the message?” The guard asked.

Lo’ez handed it over it was sealed with the king's seal, and the guard looked it over, examining the seal to make sure it was authentic “This seems good to go, you’re free to carry on.” He said before using a mirror to signal the Okay to let him by.

“Thank you,” He said, and jumped off the tree..."

Aside from the bold text, that's 300 words :) The (...") was just there to show there's more text.

1 person likes this

I like the idea, just make sure not to spoil crucial things before the chapter's even out.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, electricpants said:

I like the idea, just make sure not to spoil crucial things before the chapter's even out.

It's the first 300 words, so I think it just gives you a reason to wait for the full chapter.

@daniel l. Has made some cover art for TCBW, and it's awesome!

29fuufr.png

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

So I know I haven't made many word count updates in a while, but chapter 6 is 3.1k words long, and 34.6k words overall now, chapter 7 will begin somewhere along the 35-6k word count, and by chapter 9, (The planned halfway point) it will be at least 42-45k words long overall, so around novel length, if it got published at that time (Word count wise at least) :)

Edited by Spaceception

Two updates in one day? This almost never happens!

Well it did happen! I've finished chapter 6, and am (FINALLY) working on chapter seven, it's just over 4k words, 35.5k words total.

Which means, that when I start on chapter 8...

I'LL BE PAST 40K WORDS(Hopefully, maybe in the beginning of Chapter 8)!!

That's the novel length (Minimum, but I'll take what I can get :))!

1 person likes this

So, after some consideration, I've decided I'll only put up the first 7 chapters up, and the first two 2nd draft chapters up when they're finished.

I'll still do progress updates, however, and publishing updates when the book is complete, and I'm looking to publish it.

@Findthepin1@TotallyNotHuman_@Andem@ProtoJeb21 & @Atlas2342, you guys will still see the full novel, every draft so I can get tips on how to improve it :)

5 people like this

6 hours ago, Spaceception said:

So, after some consideration, I've decided I'll only put up the first 7 chapters up, and the first two 2nd draft chapters up when they're finished.

;.;

In full seriousness, great work on the story!

And, @daniel l., great work on the cover!

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, CAKE99 said:

;.;

In full seriousness, great work on the story!

And, @daniel l., great work on the cover!

Would you like to be added to the PM group?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Would you like to be added to the PM group?

That would be great!

1 person likes this