EXCELSIOR CLASS release

cd7890

as requested a description

Engines:1.E-500 is the smallest in thrust and the biggest on fuel economy,primarily used as an upper stage

2.E-600 is a more powerful version of the 500 that is used as a standalone stage or middle stage

3.E-800 is a very powerful piece and is primarily used as a first stage engine for the medium launcher

4.E-1000 is the most powerful variant,used as a SSTO stage and first stage on the heavy launcher it is also noted for its low fuel efficiency although a new version is in the works

Rockets

1.S is the light carrier rocket,used for flight demonstration,it is not able to reach orbit

2.M is a medium carrier rocket that can lift a MK1 capsule into orbit

3.H is the heavy lift rocket,used for utilities transfer to other planets

4.SLWHP is a lightweight, heavy carrier rocket that is used fo demonstration flights

I do verily believe that this listing of pithy words is rather banal without a medium with which we can utilise a useful sense to determine its worth.

you can now determine it's usefulness,have fun

Jesus these things are some kinda strong...

Untill I have heavier parts, I feel like I'm cheating these things launch me so fast

the super high strength is intentional,also is the excellent fuel economy

The only complaint I have is the lack of in-game descriptions, which is a fairly easy thing to add in the future (found in cfg file) and can really give them some personality.

Great work though, I'm enjoying the variety of applications.

The only complaint I have is the lack of in-game descriptions, which is a fairly easy thing to add in the future (found in cfg file) and can really give them some personality.

Great work though, I'm enjoying the variety of applications.

those will be added

I know it is, and I'm not saying its a bad thing. I just can't in good faith use these quite yet.

Now, once space stations exist...Well, and other planets? Expect me to make GOOD use of these for those interstellar journeys :P

I know it is, and I'm not saying its a bad thing. I just can't in good faith use these quite yet.

Now, once space stations exist...Well, and other planets? Expect me to make GOOD use of these for those interstellar journeys :P

well the rockets are primarily used for orbital payloads,but i cant wait for inter planetary flight,these have a headstart on that issue.

another release is coming soon

Even so, they seem way too powerful for the way the game is now.

Im loving seeing all these custom parts being made by people, but it takes away from the game when your able to slap super powerful and efficient rockets onto anything.

2n7hwdc.png

I have a rocket I've been playing around with trying to lift little fake missiles into orbit, I replaced the engines on that with yours then took off my payload. Wow. Voyager is slow as hell!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.