Screenshots Re-Imagined [GROUP THINGY NOW]

HazelPine

True. I need to make a proper list somewhere soon, like in google docs so that you can see who's next with a link to their image. That's only happen in a couple days, though, so for now it's gonna be a bit messy, sorry.

So i decided to try a drawing-type thing, so i sat down with this image: 

Spoiler

hTQ6faz.jpg

And traced it. I chose this one because it didn't have a backdrop to draw (if anyone wants to edit my finished version and add a backdrop or make other minor changes, feel free), which i hoped would make it quicker and easier. I spent the last... I don't know how many hours (but it didn't feel like too many)... making this: 

Spoiler

Z8CpK0A.jpg
(excuse my made-up signature at the bottom)

I'm not entirely happy with it, especially with the engine exhaust and the general plain-ness of it, but, for a first proper try at digital drawing, I think it's pretty good

Edited by Skylon
embedded image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Redoing my EVA drawing for Lambda Station Decals, and It turning out good. I think I might like to start contributing.

This is what I've got after 15 mins:

Screenshot_116.png

Here's the original:

screenshot134.png

Also, does anyone know what a good brush for clouds is? I have deevad v8.2 installedif theres a good one in there.

Dusted off the tablet and wanted to take a shot at @Skylon's Jet I see he started to work on.  I really liked the way that screenshot was set up.  Managed to get some very basic line work started.   Still needs a ton of tweaking before I attempt any shading but it should be fun getting it all done.

syVDN3U.png

1 hour ago, esinohio said:

Dusted off the tablet and wanted to take a shot at @Skylon's Jet I see he started to work on.  I really liked the way that screenshot was set up.  Managed to get some very basic line work started.   Still needs a ton of tweaking before I attempt any shading but it should be fun getting it all done.

syVDN3U.png

Nice. you using a graphics tablet? if so, do you have a really steady hand to draw those lines, or do you use a line tool?

1 hour ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Nice. you using a graphics tablet? if so, do you have a really steady hand to draw those lines, or do you use a line tool?

Using a tablet along with a tools in Photoshop.  The Pen tool is what I've been primarily using to get the solid line work.  Handy thing about that pen tool is I can use either a mouse or tablet to get the lines down.

Quick announcement thingy for everyone that frequents this thread: Due to me having less and less time to manage the thread and work on stuff in general, I decided that it would be of best interest if I passed the thread down to someone that could take care of it, since I can't anymore. So I asked @cratercracker if he could host the thread and keep the amazing creative work of everyone here going in a new, organized thread, so many thanks to him for taking up the challenge. The new thread is here: 

I strongly recommend you continue participating over at the new thread, since it is the same thing, but only now with better organization and a capable host! I'm not doing this because I want it to end, only because I think this thread deserves proper attention and commitment to the artists and requests, something I'm not able to do because of my time constraints and just IRL in general. Hope to see you there!

Edited by Pine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.