[Minimum KSP version 1.11] Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) v2.3

IgorZ

@IgorZ would you considering allow it to works with one modifier key and mouse?

Left Alt + Left Click : switch vessel

Left Alt + Left Click part of selected vessel: focus on selected part

Left Alt + Left Click on empty space: reset focus on selected vessel

Left Alt + Right Click part: focus on selected part ( like it is now for O )

Reason for this is that you have to press two keys on keyboard and move your hand around, while with one key and your hand always on the mouse it is easier and faster

Edited by brusura

6 hours ago, brusura said:

@IgorZ would you considering allow it to works with one modifier key and mouse?

Left Alt + Left Click : switch vessel

Left Alt + Left Click part of selected vessel: focus on selected part

Left Alt + Left Click on empty space: reset focus on selected vessel

Left Alt + Right Click part: focus on selected part ( like it is now for O )

Reason for this is that you have to press two keys on keyboard and move your hand around, while with one key and your hand always on the mouse it is easier and faster

I tried to implement similar approach with one modifier key but, unfortunately, there is no way to block right click event - it always brings up part's context menu :( 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, DimaK007 said:

Hello! i love this mod but my Engines are always shutting down when i switch vessels or i press a wrong button?

Have you change default key (ALT) to anything else? CTRL key by default shuts the engines down, so if you use it as a modifier for EVS then this is the explanation.

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, SHiRKiT said:

For some reason the vessels are switching even when I'm not holding ALT, anyone knows why? It's really hard to left click stuff =/

Is it happening right on the game start or there are triggering conditions? Did you try testing on a clean game without other mods? Did you try re-binding to a different key?

EVS uses standard Unity methods to detect if ALT key is down or not. Something really special should happen to prevent this behavior.

4 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Is it happening right on the game start or there are triggering conditions? Did you try testing on a clean game without other mods? Did you try re-binding to a different key?

EVS uses standard Unity methods to detect if ALT key is down or not. Something really special should happen to prevent this behavior.

I'll try to get it to reproduce, but it seems pretty random since I'm was not exactly trying to cause it. Clearing input locks does solve it, as hitting alt. I'll also try to rebind. It does not happen in stock install, but I'm running 50ish mods. Maybe it's an interaction with some of the mods I have, maybe Action Groups Extended or KAS, I have no idea. I'll try searching.

6 hours ago, SHiRKiT said:

I'll try to get it to reproduce, but it seems pretty random since I'm was not exactly trying to cause it. Clearing input locks does solve it, as hitting alt. I'll also try to rebind. It does not happen in stock install, but I'm running 50ish mods. Maybe it's an interaction with some of the mods I have, maybe Action Groups Extended or KAS, I have no idea. I'll try searching.

Then a logfile would be useful, there might be something there

Just as a side note: With Windows I here and there (very rarely) have the problem, that keys like CTRL or ALT sometimes "stuck virtually"... So it acts like they are pressed, but they aren't. Just hitting these keys 1-2 time fixes it.
However, from the description here I don't think that its's the cause here, but maybe it is still helpful to know.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 7:07 AM, Jebs_SY said:

Just as a side note: With Windows I here and there (very rarely) have the problem, that keys like CTRL or ALT sometimes "stuck virtually"... So it acts like they are pressed, but they aren't. Just hitting these keys 1-2 time fixes it.
However, from the description here I don't think that its's the cause here, but maybe it is still helpful to know.

Looks like stuck Alt and Ctrl have been happening a lot to me in KSP but I never saw this in any other game or program.

Edit: no, I don't think that's it. This mod just stops working spontaneously for some reason.

Edited by Kerbital

On 3/13/2017 at 5:16 PM, Kerbital said:

Looks like stuck Alt and Ctrl have been happening a lot to me in KSP but I never saw this in any other game or program.

Edit: no, I don't think that's it. This mod just stops working spontaneously for some reason.

Next time it happens, please, capture the KSP.log file (from the game's root folder).

8 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Next time it happens, please, capture the KSP.log file (from the game's root folder).

Igor, thanks. It has not happened in several days. It might have been a conflict with another mod. I did a clean reinstall couple of days ago.

• 4 weeks later...

@IgorZ

A suggestion:

There is an old mod called Switch Active Vessel, which is essentially a window of all nearby ships and lets you jump to a specific one.  This would be a nice addition to this mod.  I was going to adopt it, but think it would be better in this mod.

Are you interested in doing this?  It looks like it's just 2 source files plus a png.

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@IgorZ

A suggestion:

There is an old mod called Switch Active Vessel, which is essentially a window of all nearby ships and lets you jump to a specific one.  This would be a nice addition to this mod.  I was going to adopt it, but think it would be better in this mod.

Are you interested in doing this?  It looks like it's just 2 source files plus a png.

This concept was my starting point when I was making EVS. Then, I figured out that visual selection of the vessel is much more convenient and useful, so the idea of having a list was abandoned. I can perfectly understand the rationale of switching via the list for those who don't use EVS, but what is the use case for preferring the list in favor of the "point-n-click" approach?

1 minute ago, IgorZ said:

This concept was my starting point when I was making EVS. Then, I figured out that visual selection of the vessel is much more convenient and useful, so the idea of having a list was abandoned. I can perfectly understand the rationale of switching via the list for those who don't use EVS, but what is the use case for preferring the list in favor of the "point-n-click" approach?

post-30381-Is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-bot

4 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Ok, here is a couple of points:

• Some people may prefer one way over another
  • If you have several vessels in the vicinity, they may not be all visible, a list can save the need to look all around for that one specific vessel you want.

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, here is a couple of points:

• Some people may prefer one way over another
  • If you have several vessels in the vicinity, they may not be all visible, a list can save the need to look all around for that one specific vessel you want.

Well, it can be done. However, I'm currently loaded on KAS 1.0, so cannot promise to add the list fast. If your idea was to adopt the other mod then it would be a good idea to proceed and don't wait for me. I cannot give any ETA for now.

Created a feature request.

Edited by IgorZ

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 1:40 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

post-30381-Is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-bot

And saying about this. No, it's not to much to ask, but given I have only a limited amount of time which I can spend to the mods, a good reason for the use case does really matter to set the right priorities. If someone sends me a pull request for the new functionality then it would be a different story  :wink: 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Thertor said:

Awesome mod, just have a slight problem, sometimes when I quicksave and the quickload, EVS will stop working, would you be able to look into this? 

I need more details. How exactly does it stop working? Does it start work if you exit to the main menu and then load the game back? Or you need to restart the game application to have the EVS working? Also, I need the logs right after the problem happen (KSP.log file from the game's folder root).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.