[1.3.1] InterKalactic [1.0]

Clockwork13

While this pack has been discontinued since 1.1.3, I have tested it and it still works fine on 1.3.1. I have also changed the version # to 1.0 to signal the end of development. I have updated and bumped this forum thread one last time for if anyone's interested. You can visit the forum thread for InterKalactic 2 here: 

(Original Description)

This Kopernicus planet pack puts all of the old KSP bodies into new locations, plus adds 2 new ones. More will be added in the future. The goal of this pack is to make sure there isn't a single planet in the game that isn't worth visiting.

Development started on 6/4/16.

NOTE: If you choose to use this mod, I highly recommend a faster timewarp mod as well. If you go without one, it could take up to an hour or more on full timewarp to get to some planets.

I will add more here as I expand the mod. If you would like to download it, click here to go to the Spacedock page (Updated to 1.1.3, probably will also work with 1.2 and beyond) or alternatively, the download it directly from here. The curseforge page will no longer be updated as I have lost me CurseID. Also, I highly recommend you download from Spacedock if you can, as I like to keep track of exactly how many people have downloaded it, which as of writing this is around 900-1000 people.

--

Known Problems:

Green = Can be fixed Red = Can't be fixed

- The sky at the KSC stays static, instead of moving based on time of day. (minor)

- Kethane overlay on the main menu doesn't appear. Only affects you if you have the Kethane mod (minor)

- Contracts sometimes show up for landing on Kirius. Just decline these and you should be fine.

- A black screen may occasionally show up for the KSC when loading a new save. This likely only happens when running the planet pack for the first time. To fix, just reload the save. (minor)

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs or other weird anomalies that I should add here.

Extensions

OPM Compatibility

InterKalactic already is technically compatible with OPM, but all the new planets orbit the black hole and not Kirius or any other star. This extension should work with any KSP version and any version of the mod, and simply put, it makes Plock and Sarnus orbit Kirius, while Neidon and Urlum both are rogue planets, having modified orbits around the black hole. To prevent messing up the saves of anyone who already has OPM installed prior to this mod, the moons of all the planets remain untouched, with the only exception being Eeloo, which would otherwise be a moon of Sarnus. In order to download this extension correctly, delete your existing OPM mod and replace it with this version. In case something gets messed up, backing up your saves is highly recommended. To download the extension, click here.

Jupiter

This extension adds 1 new planet and 4 moons, which as you could probably guess, are Jupiter, Io, Europa, Callisto and Ganymede. These planets are relatively featureless and have generally a flat terrain, and are all very far from Kirius which Jupiter orbits. However, Jupiter and its moons could make for an excellent multiplanetary base, as well as a supply stop for traveling even deeper into space. To download, click here.

Changelog

1.0 (3/16/18)

-No changes, but tested to work with 1.3.1 and version # changed to 1.0 to signal end of development.

0.2 - Final Update (10/8/16)

-Renamed Korbin to Korvin.

-Added Kyel

-Moved Korvin farther from Kirius

-Moved Tylo farther from Kirius

-The Mun now orbits Korvin

-Got rid of Kersol. As much as I liked the binary star system, it was causing waay to many problems.

-Kirius is now way smaller. Hopefully this will help with the overheating problem.

-Gilly is now approximately 2x farther from Kerbin than it previously was.

-Removed Oceania. Was planning to re-add sometime in the future, but was acting pretty weird and decided it would be best to remove it.

-Changed the arrangement of the game's folders to make things easier to find

-Main menu planet has been switched to Moho.

-Removed HazardOceans config

Beta

0.1.1 (6/5/16):

-Kirius is now a binary star system, with its new companion star, Kersol.

-The orbit of Kirius around the Sun is now slightly elliptical and not perfectly round

-The orbit of Korbin is now slightly elliptical instead of being perfectly round

-Changed the descriptions of the rest of the stock planets and moons.

-Gilly now has 3x higher gravity, although its gravity is still very low.

-Gilly is now approximately 4x farther away from Kerbin, but still pretty close.

*Fixed the problem with Gilly having no SOI

0.1 (6/5/16):

-Reshuffled all stock planets

-Added Oceania, Kirius and Korbin. All three came from the Kopernicus example pack, but I modified them considerably.

-Changed the descriptions of a few planets

Spoiler that I STILL can't get rid of for some reason:

hello

Edited by Clockwork13

2 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Kerbin and Korbin is going to get confusing.

Otherwise, looks neat. Can you elaborate more on the effects the blackhole has on game play or is it just visual?

The black hole is mostly a visual, but your ship can still explode if it gets too close.

I may consider renaming either Kerbin or Korbin in the near future to prevent confusion.

Edited by Clockwork13

Can you post a download link here? I know I can get it on SpaceDock, but can you post a link in the thread here? Also, the download on SpaceDock is broken, when I'm done downloading it says "Unexpected end of archive" and I can't use it. (It happens when I open the .zip file)

Otherwise, it's an absolutely amazing mod.

Edited by electricpants

7 hours ago, electricpants said:

Can you post a download link here? I know I can get it on SpaceDock, but can you post a link in the thread here? Also, the download on SpaceDock is broken, when I'm done downloading it says "Unexpected end of archive" and I can't use it. (It happens when I open the .zip file)

Otherwise, it's an absolutely amazing mod.

Thanks! Posts like these are what encourage me to go on. And I will post a seperate download link, probably on Curseforge very soon.

3 hours ago, torchard96 said:

I just played around with it and found an abundance of overheating, are you going to fix this in the future?

I noticed the same thing. I'll need to experiment a little bit though to figure out exactly what is causing it. What planets are you experiencing unusual overheating on?

14 hours ago, Clockwork13 said:

I noticed the same thing. I'll need to experiment a little bit though to figure out exactly what is causing it. What planets are you experiencing unusual overheating on?

Just about anywhere in the Kirius system, farther out the overheating seems to goes away. Oddly this only happens if the sunlight switcher is set to Kirius and i'll only experience any heating from Kersol once i'm inside it's SOI. The Sun seems to have just retained it's stock heating. I'm no expert on this but it may have something to do with the solarpower curve, as I've found that most star packs that use the RSS powercurve also have this issue.

How does the "Forum Thread" button on SpaceDock work? How do you get it to work? I'm asking this because 2 days ago I made my first mod ever, and I don't know how to get the "Forum Thread" button to work.

Edit: Ignore this post, I found out how to use it. :P

Edited by electricpants

On 6/7/2016 at 10:21 AM, torchard96 said:

Just about anywhere in the Kirius system, farther out the overheating seems to goes away. Oddly this only happens if the sunlight switcher is set to Kirius and i'll only experience any heating from Kersol once i'm inside it's SOI. The Sun seems to have just retained it's stock heating. I'm no expert on this but it may have something to do with the solarpower curve, as I've found that most star packs that use the RSS powercurve also have this issue.

I've just been assuming that the solar radiation is heavier than it is in the stock Kerbin system and have been using more radiators. It was a tad-bit difficult initially, though.

I DID start during a solar eclipse, which probably helped.

Edited by captainradish

@gollark

I just finished a quick OPM extension, which makes the existing OPM system fit well with this mod. I added the download link to OP plus more info about the extension. Please tell me if you find anything broken or messed up with it.

Edited by Clockwork13

• 2 weeks later...

Well, why not make a yellow-white star instead a blue star, to make it more familiar, and, please make Oceania a real ocean world using Laythe as template and not Duna, and, eliminate the smile of Oceania, it will scare newbies, don`t think so?:mellow: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2016 at 6:03 PM, EnriqueB said:

Well, why not make a yellow-white star instead a blue star, to make it more familiar, and, please make Oceania a real ocean world using Laythe as template and not Duna, and, eliminate the smile of Oceania, it will scare newbies, don`t think so?:mellow: 

That smile wasn't even supposed to be there. Oceania is one of the planets from the Kopernicus Examples. I tried removing the smiley face but for some reason it keeps coming back.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that i need to start the Development of the new Oceania.

New things:
-removed the Smile from the planet.

- Oceania's template is Laythe now.

- Oceania's atmosphere is cyan and has some oxygen.

- New description = Oceania is an warm ocean world that orbits Jool. Is believed that Oceania had some landmasses until an unknown event covered every landmass in water. Oceania's atmosphere is made of 90% hydrogen, 1% radon gas (not too much to cause cancer) and 9% oxygen, just enough to be breathable. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.