[1.5.1] Cacteye Optics Community Takeover

icedown

7 hours ago, garwel said:

So, how do I discover asteroids with Cacteye? Do I need to upgrade Tracking Station to tier 3 first? Then what?

The asteroid discovery is an old piece of code that I have not messed with yet.  It is being removed in the next big release.  I do believe it was dependent on the level 3 tracking station but I am not sure it even works in the latest releases to be honest.  I think it is designed to increase the chances of a new unknown object appearing. 

7 minutes ago, icedown said:

The asteroid discovery is an old piece of code that I have not messed with yet.  It is being removed in the next big release.  I do believe it was dependent on the level 3 tracking station but I am not sure it even works in the latest releases to be honest.  I think it is designed to increase the chances of a new unknown object appearing. 

I'm pretty sure that it works fine from my own game.

I'm using Cacteye with Galileo (GPP) and it seems to work pretty well.

However, I took a contract to do a wide field observation of a world called Otho issued by CactEye.

When I use a level 1 wide field processor telescope I receive a NaN code for the science result, I.e. no data, clean the lens, and therefore can't complete the contract.  I think it has something to do with GPP using a binary star but guessing.

Anyone, have any ideas?

Updated - I launched a Level 2 wide field scope and received the same error code - "NaN" when looking at the science result.

Edited by Tuko

• 2 weeks later...

Saw on the last page that the tutorial (and the whole project) is being reworked, which is really cool. However, I've never used CactEye before; does any one of you end-users have a quick-and-dirty run-down of how it works? I've just realized in my save I have no idea what I'm doing.

I searched for CactEye tutorials, but what I've seen so far is from 2014 and doesn't appear to have much to do with what I see in my game. (That said, the telescope I'm using is in Solar orbit, and I saw an off-hand comment that the telescopes only work in high Kerbin orbit?)

7 hours ago, Jovus said:

Saw on the last page that the tutorial (and the whole project) is being reworked, which is really cool. However, I've never used CactEye before; does any one of you end-users have a quick-and-dirty run-down of how it works? I've just realized in my save I have no idea what I'm doing.

I searched for CactEye tutorials, but what I've seen so far is from 2014 and doesn't appear to have much to do with what I see in my game. (That said, the telescope I'm using is in Solar orbit, and I saw an off-hand comment that the telescopes only work in high Kerbin orbit?)

In the current version of CactEye, both of the scopes can only work from high kerbin orbit. You simply select a target, point the scope at it with the gui and zoom it in.  Once you have it zoomed in far enough, click do science.  If the scope is not zoomed in far enough it will tell you.

@Tuko I have not used that planet pack before and am not sure what is causing that error.  Due to being in the middle of the rewrite right now, I'm not going to look into it at this time but I will keep it in mind when I start testing of the new version

• 1 month later...

A number of posts have been removed from this thread. For one thing, modders update when they can and when they want to. it's voluntary, so please don't bug them about it. For another thing, if someone IS bugging a modder about it, please just hit the report button rather than arguing over it yourselves. 

@Vanamonde @Dman979  Thank you

I am moved and back working on it.  The changes that I'm making are new ground for me as a modder so it's taking a whole lot of trial and error to get it going.  I'm going to try to get out an update by the end of next week based on the current code then get back to work on the update.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, evileye.x said:

Both are very cool in different way. Worth to have both.

And this different way is what I was asking about. :wink:

Tarsier has a description in the OP, this one seems to have a tutorial - but I cannot see it, not even by quoting the OP or looking at the source of the page. :/

• 2 weeks later...

Im having a bug were the game loads and it stops loading at "Cacteye Tele Solor"

Included Gamedata and Debug Console

*Edit* Tried reinstalling via Github and still gives the same problem.

Edited by Starslinger999

On 7/29/2017 at 8:53 AM, Starslinger999 said:

Im having a bug were the game loads and it stops loading at "Cacteye Tele Solor"

Included Gamedata and Debug Console

*Edit* Tried reinstalling via Github and still gives the same problem.

Can you link your log file ( output_log.txt )  in dropbox or other hosting service.  may not be the solar panels, that might be the last thing that passes

Edited by Bornholio

On 8/3/2017 at 4:21 PM, Bornholio said:

Can you link your log file ( output_log.txt )  in dropbox or other hosting service.  may not be the solar panels, that might be the last thing that passes

Just tried deleting Cacteye and it seems to have the same problem but with another mod. 

36 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Just tried deleting Cacteye and it seems to have the same problem but with another mod. 

Did you read the post you quoted?  It tell you how to get the logs.

Right now it's like going to a mechanic and saying "its broken" without giving any information