Into New animated Horizons

SQUAD

5 hours ago, Speadge said:

will there be some animations in the future? Who will handle them?

This was sort of announced in the last Devnotes. We may not have long to wait, to find out :wink: 

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 6:04 AM, SQUAD said:

Testing the console versions of the game is progressing at a good pace as well, and the game will re-enter certification once a few final issues have been worked out. Pablo (Paul Amsterdam) has been helping out with the testing and created a short console trailer.

Let's not blame Dan for the content of 1.0 launch video. It was technically excellent, even if some of us disagreed with it. It had to be planned, scripted, and approved by Squad staff as a whole, before the first frame was rendered.

Thank you, Dan, for your work helping to bring life to the most iconic elements of KSP; the game would have been a dry orbital simulator without Kerbals and their expressive, animated eagerness to reach space. I don't think KSP would have had half the impact, without your efforts!

2 hours ago, basic.syntax said:

This was sort of announced in the last Devnotes. We may not have long to wait, to find out :wink: 

Let's not blame Dan for the content of 1.0 launch video. It was technically excellent, even if some of us disagreed with it. It had to be planned, scripted, and approved by Squad staff as a whole, before the first frame was rendered.

Thank you, Dan, for your work helping to bring life to the most iconic elements of KSP; the game would have been a dry orbital simulator without Kerbals and their expressive, animated eagerness to reach space. I don't think KSP would have had half the impact, without your efforts!

I'll echo this^

I will admit, I found the particular video mentioned a little too 'familiar' when I first saw it, which made me wonder if it should have been different.  I can certainly understand why some thought it in bad taste, but that in no way reflects badly on the skill and talent of it's creator.

Farewell Dan, good luck, and thanks for entertaining us all with your magic.

...  Scene pans and fades to show Felipe and Dan in a Mk2 cockpit, and zooms out as the plane hurtles down the runway (on skiddy undercarriage) and lifts off to soar over the sea and climbs out of view towards the Mun rising over the new horizon that becons...

I expected to see an increase in technical ability between the two, which really, I'm not qualified to judge. What I did see is terrific growth in aesthetics and style. I hope what you learned in your time at Squad carries into your future endeavors, but in either case you carry the best wishes of a large community with you.

So long, @danRosas, and thanks for all the Kerbals!  When I first encountered this game at a friend's house, the idea of building and flying rockets awoke my sleeping NASA nerd that had been sleeping since high school, when all my papers were about the space program and moon landings.  But what really hooked me, was those wacky little terrified, and insanely excited ( I'm looking at you, Jeb) Kerbals in the lower right of the screen. Your little green folks just have that "something" that just makes the game. So again, thank you, and good luck in your scholarly pursuits! 

Sad times for KSP :(

Always loved the cinematics and animations... thank you for the work you put in this project!

I hope this is not the end of KSP as it is, with so much leaving the team (i will make a backup of this KSP version for sure).

Cheers 

Edit: Oh, and always when i heared a new update is out, even before downloading, i watched the cinematics :) Thanks Dan

Edited by StainX

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.