I'm bored what should i do in Kerbal Space Program?

KerbalKid

Shut off your PC. Lean back on your couch. Pinch a pencil beteen your nose and upper lip and look out of the window.
You will get a good idea what project to do next in no time. (But don't cite me on that... :P )

I get bored of KSP all the time. This is partially due to the fact that I usually play it for hours and hours a day every day for weeks on end until I get tired of it. All I have to do is take a break for a week or sometimes more, get back into an old game for a while, and when you boot up KSP again, you'll be having so much fun you'll wonder why you stopped in the first place (until you get burnt out again).

• 2 weeks later...

what you should do is set up a schedule where you do about an hour or two doing things and however long you want on planning what you do next. Since I'm a kid I have to take breaks all the time, never playing more than an hour and thirty minutes. This is very helpful for me and I recommend it to you so that you'll never stop playing

Skyrim, Civilization (civ V is available on Linux), whatever.  The Steam Summer Sale is on now, so you are in luck (until July 4).

When you come back, I'd recommend Realism Overhaul.  Start correcting many of your KSP misconceptions about space (I'd assume your exponential increase in orbital mechanics knowledge has flattened out by the time you are bored).

50 minutes ago, wumpus said:

Skyrim, Civilization (civ V is available on Linux), whatever.  The Steam Summer Sale is on now, so you are in luck (until July 4).

When you come back, I'd recommend Realism Overhaul.  Start correcting many of your KSP misconceptions about space (I'd assume your exponential increase in orbital mechanics knowledge has flattened out by the time you are bored).

WHY dear Kerbal of the Sky WHY did you have to post that there's a summer sale on Steam?

Curse you!

Hmm, what to do?  Well, when was the last time you hired all available applicants from the academy, loaded them all up on a "training mission"  then shot them right into the sun?

there must be some lesson to be learned from that, so if its done in the name of science, it must be ok.

1 hour ago, michaelhester07 said:

Set the record for the fastest speed you can achieve right before hitting the lights at the end of the runway at KSC.

As many others have said, if you're genuinely bored take a break. Nothing wrong with that.  If you want to play, but don't know what project to take on have a look at the challenges thread, that has some good ideas for quick 'have a go for a laugh' things or more in depth projects, that could give you some ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2016 at 3:32 AM, TheSaint said:

Turn the PC off. Read a book. It's summertime, get outside, get some fresh air. Go hiking, hit the beach if it's near you. Rent a kayak, they're awesome fun. 

I Would go outside and catch lizards, perhaps even draw them but i live in Australia

and all the lizards aren't out because it's winter :c

Here are a few things you can do:

Chores, do some cleaning around the house
Do your homework if you're in school.
Get a job or try to work overtime if you already have one
Spend more time with your kids or loved ones
Try to find loved ones to add to your life

And THEN, when you feel like you need a break from reality, then and only then kick back with some Kerbal Space Program.

Or just play some other game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.