Looking for a mod

Nippie1995

I have built a base on Minmus which i assembled using RCS ( because of the low gravity). Now that I'm done those RCS thrusters are just ruining the look. 

I remember that there was mod which just allowed you to open the UI and explode the part, but I don't what the name of the mod was. If anybody would know what it is called, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

You have a few options here:

1) Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) allows you to add remove or explode (not accurately) parts while "in flight"

2) Java Depart - A simpler form of save file editing (I haven't tried this)

3) Kaboom (The one I think you were thinking of) - Precise destruction of individual parts

KIS is probably the best option for you.  Hope that helps!

SM

KIS/KAS is very nice for roleplay. Possibilities are limitless. Must have.

Just take an engineer with wrench and remove all not needed RCS. You may put it in container and get back to kerbin if you wish.

Exposives are fun too, for cleaning debris / rescued capsules.

On 6/15/2016 at 5:09 AM, Speeding Mullet said:

You have a few options here:

1) Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) allows you to add remove or explode (not accurately) parts while "in flight"

2) Java Depart - A simpler form of save file editing (I haven't tried this)

3) Kaboom (The one I think you were thinking of) - Precise destruction of individual parts

KIS is probably the best option for you.  Hope that helps!

SM

Sounds like useful info. I was unaware of that being possible in KIS. Personally, I would have used BD Armory to perform surgical removal of unnecessary part. One screw up, and there goes the fuel supply!

Or the Kerbal supply.

Anyway, Java Depart sounds good. Used a mod on a prized jet of mine, lost the mod, and because my jet used a single part from the missing mod, I can't use it. Hopefully this will work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2016 at 0:19 PM, evileye.x said:

KIS/KAS is very nice for roleplay. Possibilities are limitless. Must have.

Just take an engineer with wrench and remove all not needed RCS. You may put it in container and get back to kerbin if you wish.

Exposives are fun too, for cleaning debris / rescued capsules.

I was able to remove the RCS Thrusters but now they are just lying on the ground. How do I save them in my inventory.?

* Open an inventory ( either the Kerbal or a container ) via the rightclick menu
* Hold G, click on the part ( the mouse pointer should turn into a green ... thing )
* Drag it to an inventory.

Edited by Van Disaster

1 hour ago, Van Disaster said:

* Open an inventory ( either the Kerbal or a container ) via the rightclick menu
* Hold G, click on the part ( the mouse pointer should turn into a green ... thing )
* Drag it to an inventory.

Tab key opens inventory while on EVA, very convenient. Yeah, drag-n-drop to inventory is the way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.