A "Scott Manley" Joke!

Arugela

I think I was bored and watching a Scott Manley video randomly on the internet. This joke formulated in my head at some point for some reason. Being as he is well known in this community, I thought I would share.

Setup: It's one random evening and everyone is in a live stream watching him play something.(probably KSP)

The normal stuff is going on in the stream and after some time his wife happens to walk by the camera.

Out of the blue a person says: That is one Manley looking wife you have there!

After a few seconds there is some response from Scott and possibly a ban! ><

Some time passes and the stream goes on as normal. His daughter by chance walks by the camera,

Again, someone gives a random response: And that is one Manley looking daughter you have there!

Scott responds similarly and continues on with the stream after sipping a bit of some drink he has on him.

After some more time passes his son happens to walk by as well.

This time someone says: The son doesn't look quite as Manley!

There is a random response from what by now is a potentially drunken Scott!

A few moments go by and someone randomly types: He must not have been enough of a Scott for her!!

:D

Edited by Arugela

It's supposed to be bad. It's a joke on his name. Hence "Scott Manley" joke. Not "Scott" enough. I think it's called a pun!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pun

"Puns have a long history in human writing. Sumerian cuneiform and Egyptian hieroglyphs were originally based on punning systems, and the Roman playwright Plautus was famous for his puns and word games.[3][4] Punning has been credited as the fundamental concept behind alphabets, writing, and even human civilization.[3]""

^ Remember that! We are speaking of the basis of our civilization here!! ;p

https://www.google.com/search?q=pun&tbm=isch&imgil=YGcXwGBX_q7oXM%3A%3B1L0FRqL9vhXMEM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.pinterest.com%252Fdeanna_holland%252Fpun-intended%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=YGcXwGBX_q7oXM%3A%2C1L0FRqL9vhXMEM%2C_&usg=__W_fhTq3k5CG6bbyHBnW019KxGks%3D&biw=1120&bih=561&ved=0ahUKEwjJvKr_sL_NAhWHqx4KHdz3CT0QyjcIbA&ei=h3tsV4ndJ4fXetzvp-gD#imgrc=YGcXwGBX_q7oXM%3A

Always remember, the word awefuls root is in the word awe!! ;D This is something I learned long ago.

Edit: I guess it wasn't awfully funny...

Edited by Frybert

We're not saying it's not a pun (actually, the puns are the setup, the punchline is the inversion of one, so it's kind of an anti-pun, in the way that the "chicken cross road"->"other side" is an anti-joke).

We're saying it's not very funny. Which happens to all of us.

Edited by pincushionman

It's a joke on his name. Nothing more. It's mean to be very cheesy. the punch line is he's not "Scott" enough. The whole joke simply revolves around his name "Scott Manley". Nothing more too it. The rest is the setup for the last part of the joke.

I've noticed a lot of people from scottland/ireland and similar places seem to like very cheesy jokes... So I made one. It's supposed to be that cheesy. That is why I put Scott Manley in quotes. it's a literal "Scott Manley" joke!

Edit: Maybe I should have made the last line something like: "He must not have been a Manley enough of a Scott for her!"

Edited by Arugela

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.