An idea for the forums.

kiwi1960

If this belongs in another area, then sorry. I couldn't tell where it should have been posted.

Anyhow, my idea is a general tidy up of the MOD RELEASES area, to avoid confusion.

A sub area should be created for old OLD addons, and the main area should be exclusively for 1.1.3 mods. Hunting down mods for that version is getting harder and harder due to all the clutter, and some posts don;t even have version numbers in the title, and hey, I hate see posts about a mod for version 0.23 every now and then because some cannot figure out when DEAD is DEAD!

This would actually make using that area much more easier.

When 1.1.4 is released, then the 1.1.3 area becomes a sub area and 1.1.4 is the new main area. Hope that makes sense, if not, go away, I don;t want to explain it. Its late.

Edited by kiwi1960

I think moving the forum threads every time a mod gets updated to the latest version would be a pain in the butt to maintain. Having the KSP version in the mod's thread title works ok for me. :D

9 minutes ago, yorshee said:

I think moving the forum threads every time a mod gets updated to the latest version would be a pain in the butt to maintain. Having the KSP version in the mod's thread title works ok for me. :D

Really? All they would need to do is copy and paste the old OP, with changes... that way, that way, the topic stays current to the version at hand. Look at some old mods like mechjeb... pages and pages and pages of posts... NOT all are to do with the latest version.

2 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Really? All they would need to do is copy and paste the old OP, with changes... that way, that way, the topic stays current to the version at hand. Look at some old mods like mechjeb... pages and pages and pages of posts... NOT all are to do with the latest version.

Having a new topic for every new mod update sounds super inefficient...people would have to trawl through tons of different threads just to find the most recent one, as opposed to just looking at the OP of one thread to find the most up-to-date version of a mod. I'm aware there are some mods that have multiple threads but that's because the mod author has changed - this means the old thread's OP can't be updated because the new author can't change the old author's posts.

11 hours ago, yorshee said:

Having a new topic for every new mod update sounds super inefficient...people would have to trawl through tons of different threads just to find the most recent one, as opposed to just looking at the OP of one thread to find the most up-to-date version of a mod. I'm aware there are some mods that have multiple threads but that's because the mod author has changed - this means the old thread's OP can't be updated because the new author can't change the old author's posts.

No, not really, first, you would go to the area for the version you are using, then, rather than read through all posts going back to 2013 till you find the posts regarding your version.... etc etc etc

You use 1.1.3 so that is the area you go to... see your mod.... click on it, there it is... confident that ALL posts in that thread are to do with YOUR version.

Its actually easier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.