Contracts consistently not showing up.

I started a career mode game and got through the basic contracts such as getting out of the atmosphere. It then did not show the orbit kerbin contract. I Googled it and all i saw was that it happens when your reputation is low, but i never failed any missions and i did all of them perfectly, i also tried doing some side contracts but it did not do anything. I started a new game and it gave me the orbit contract, but then it did not give me the mun contracts, so again i tried doing some more contracts and it did nothing.

I have no idea how to "make" contracts appear.

I'll get the mun contract ,and not the minmus contract, and the game might give me a mission to duna, but I have never seen a mission offered to another body that i haven't already previously went to out of pocket, even after years of playing. 

My best guess is that contracts are sentient and completely do what they want. great career realism if you ask me.

Orbit Kerbin should show up right away when you first start a new career.  However, it also expires after 4 days, so if you didn't accept it by then(or if you decline it), it'll go away.  And like all of the world first contracts, once it's gone, it's gone and it won't come up again.  Most of the other world first contracts will have certain conditions that have to be met before they can show up(minimum reputation, previous accomplishments, certain tech needed etc) but then once you do have it unlocked, it's still random when it will show up. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.