Revert to 1.1.2

DarkHawkGames

Hey, I'm looking for a way to revert my KSP back to 1.1.2 until all my mods are updated, and when I tried to on Steam, CKAN said it was rolled back to 1.0.5. Will I be able to revert back to 1.1.2, or will I just have to wait/delete mods to play?

Just now, Bill Phil said:

1.1.2 was a very unstable build compared to 1.1.3...

I don't know, it just worked really well for me, and I'd like to have my mods in working order. If I can'd do it, it's fine, I can wait until they update.

Just now, DarkHawkGames said:

I don't know, it just worked really well for me, and I'd like to have my mods in working order. If I can'd do it, it's fine, I can wait until they update.

There should be a way, but you should probably try to use your mods with 1.1.3. They may still work...?

6 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

There should be a way, but you should probably try to use your mods with 1.1.3. They may still work...?

I'll do a further check in the morning, but I do know that KCT has issues with it. I didn't do a deep check.

19 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

I had one mod that not only didn't work, but in the external view screen it caused some of the apps, like the contract viewer to disappear, some things were definitely changed in 1.1.3 that cause fits with some mods.  I just used it as a reason to get rid of most of my mods and play mostly vanilla again (but then vanilla is my favorite flavor :wink: ).

@DarkHawkGames: I looked around a bit and couldn't seem to find any legitimate copies of 1.1.2 other than a demo.  Steam itself reverts to the last major release which in the case of KSP seems to be the second/middle number.  It's an easy program to make backups of: in future you might want to copy the ksp folder to somewhere else periodically and set steam to not do automatic upgrades (though in my experience it will do them anyway if you use steam to launch them: with ksp you can easily just make a shortcut to ksp.exe or ksp_x64.exe, or the equivalent on mac/Linux, though steam won't accumulate statistics if you do that).  In fact since ksp has no drm you can make a copy to somewhere else on your drive and run it from there, install your mods there etc. then when steam updates you can go check that update to see if it works with your mods with out affecting your primary copy.

They really should put 1.1.2 into the 'last stable version' even if it wasn't the most stable build. Okay, thanks for your advice guys. Oh and, just a humorous little side note, I almost accidentally reported my own thread. That would've been about as fun as a Moho burn with an EVA jetpack.

On 25.6.2016 at 9:40 AM, Bill Phil said:

1.1.2 was a very unstable build compared to 1.1.3...

My main issue is KAS its used for all my bases. Yes it has serious issues in 1.12 but is needed for bases to work and in some cases survive. 
For me 1.12 is the big game, the one I wanted to play all the time, I have bases on Mun, Minmus, Duna, Ike and Gilly, has two huge ship underway to take on Jool, Another with an expansion for Duna, 4 science landers for Eve,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.