[1.4.X] SM Marine, Version 0.9.9.3 KSP xx PSA important

4 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

I need it in my life :D

Hi, well it's like this, everything apart from the Type45 (awesome btw)  has been with the testers for a while,  the 45 is likely to get to them this weekend, my trials are done, I'm happy, I've got some folder shuffling to do first though as the missile system was finished and in game a while before the ship and the missiles are where the most launchers are right now and thats SMM and SMAFV's, and for that matter than radars in another folder too, so yeah some house keeping to do.  There's a ton of new stuff so I'm in no real hurry to throw it to the wolves.

I have no intention of updating for 1.29 I played that game over the 1.2-1.22 dice roll and game out of it with a whole load of stuff  (for BD FPS btw)  that wouldn't work with the release but did in the pre , so wasted time.

The next public update unless something changes will be for 1.3, though once at least the testers have had a look for the obvious mistakes in 182 cfgs! (oh crp that's a lot of stuff)  some of which are for multiple items, I'd welcome a PM or two from interested parties regarding some pre release testing. my guys seem to have lives, very odd :lol:

On 5/5/2017 at 1:48 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, well it's like this, everything apart from the Type45 (awesome btw)  has been with the testers for a while,  the 45 is likely to get to them this weekend, my trials are done, I'm happy, I've got some folder shuffling to do first though as the missile system was finished and in game a while before the ship and the missiles are where the most launchers are right now and thats SMM and SMAFV's, and for that matter than radars in another folder too, so yeah some house keeping to do.  There's a ton of new stuff so I'm in no real hurry to throw it to the wolves.

I have no intention of updating for 1.29 I played that game over the 1.2-1.22 dice roll and game out of it with a whole load of stuff  (for BD FPS btw)  that wouldn't work with the release but did in the pre , so wasted time.

The next public update unless something changes will be for 1.3, though once at least the testers have had a look for the obvious mistakes in 182 cfgs! (oh crp that's a lot of stuff)  some of which are for multiple items, I'd welcome a PM or two from interested parties regarding some pre release testing. my guys seem to have lives, very odd :lol:

Fair enough! 

For anyone interested I made a tweakscale patch since the tweakscale compatibility for parts is hit or miss in SM Marine. It is located here and I will keep it updated as @SpannerMonkey(smce) releases his glorious new content to us peasants!

DL Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g45l0djvbmypl3e/AABZ033reYyTd_6xV17txTR3a?dl=0

Simply download the mods patch you want(or them all) and place in your gameData folder

@TMasterson5 Cheers for this and the LBP version,  I'll make a little note of it in the first post  

Admittedly while I have nothing against tweakscale, I have never really been a massive user of it except where parts could really do with a multiple size option. And as you noticed that's very subjective :)   In the case of LBP in particular I think they're big enough, again subjective.   It should be noted that any scaling or pods/bridges or any other part containing and IVA will likely break the IVA, i know they are boring anyway, and not often used , but worth a mention      With reference to Tweakscale also very worth a mention right now with the arrival of the Type45 not so far away. If you tweakscale ANY SM Armory  missile launcher or missile you will break the node placement and it may render the system inoperative.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS you busy?

3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@TMasterson5 Cheers for this and the LBP version,  I'll make a little note of it in the first post  

Admittedly while I have nothing against tweakscale, I have never really been a massive user of it except where parts could really do with a multiple size option. And as you noticed that's very subjective :)   In the case of LBP in particular I think they're big enough, again subjective.   It should be noted that any scaling or pods/bridges or any other part containing and IVA will likely break the IVA, i know they are boring anyway, and not often used , but worth a mention      With reference to Tweakscale also very worth a mention right now with the arrival of the Type45 not so far away. If you tweakscale ANY SM Armory  missile launcher or missile you will break the node placement and it may render the system inoperative.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS you busy?

Yeah youre not alone on that, I just use it quite a lot so I figured I would solve the problem instead of asking if you would. I find thats much easier to do in the long run.

PS, nah whats up?

With permission from @SpannerMonkey(smce), here's the first "official" images of the finished Type45 Destroyer due to hit an updated SM Marine as soon as he's happy there are no bugs to work out. Keep in mind that this is tweakscaled to real world size, along with the weaponry with many config edits involved, so YMMV.

9 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

With permission from @SpannerMonkey(smce), here's the first "official" images of the finished Type45 Destroyer due to hit an updated SM Marine as soon as he's happy there are no bugs to work out. Keep in mind that this is tweakscaled to real world size, along with the weaponry with many config edits involved, so YMMV.

ALL: With that, I do maintain a tweakscale patch for this mod and will do so in the future, just an FYI. @SpannerMonkey(smce) could you throw that link in the op btw? :wink:

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I think it all crept a little closer today. Without doubt the finest handling vessel so far

tQAJ8yW.png

Want to shoot me the newest dev version for further testing? Im free the next couple days and can get some more testing done. Also what mods are you using for water? That looks beautiful! <3

6 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

could you throw that link in the op btw

Done cheers

Want to shoot me the newest dev version for further testing? I

Yes please hold

Also what mods are you using for water?

scatterer dev version, with as you noticed gorgeous new water .  as it's the only beautification mod that loads under quickstart conditions and I am not willing to give up quickstart

oh on the subject of water contact foamFX

rvgBUuc.gif

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Done cheers

Yes please hold

scatterer dev version, with as you noticed gorgeous new water .  as it's the only beautification mod that loads under quickstart conditions and I am not willing to give up quickstart

oh on the subject of water contact foamFX

rvgBUuc.gif

youre the man

Ooh rah

ah didnt know that happened, thanks will pick that up for sure!

19 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

"Camo" paint scheme, plus "gotta love BDA Physics Extender" Aster30 vs MiG-21s at long range

The impressive capabilities of the type 45 have caught the attention of other Kerbin based navies, too:

Edited by TheDog

Here's a nice mix of SMM and LBP. All ships are real scale. I have some more parts to tweak the scale on after multiple testing versions of everything, but overall everything is as it should be. LPD-17, DDG-1000, LCS-1, Type 45, and CK Missile Cruiser.

Edited by XOC2008

Customer service announcement.

1.3 is upon us, and as I suspected it's not going to be plain sailing for many many mods.  I have already acquainted myself with the mods that are required for  ALL my mods to function correctly and completely,  and if they will run in 1.3 and so far it is a complete fail by everything.  

With that in mind you wont be  overly surprised then, that for the next few weeks at least, if you want to use SM products you will have no option but to stick with 1.22.

I will NOT be making an update for 1.3 until at least the core mods/plugins  are available, and as mods become updated and compatible i will start to update all the SM mods

I'm sorry for any disappointment this may cause but ultimately it is a better option the broken mods and buggy gameplay.

YegdvZV.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a serious problem with your mod, SpannerMonkey. I installed it for 1.2.2 (I haven't updated to 1.3 yet), and while the game was loading, it crashes. I go into the 'error.log' and it says that 'KERNELBASE.dll caused an exception in C:/users/-my real name-/Games/KSP/KSP.exe. I've just uninstalled the mod, and I'm writing this as KSP is loading. This is really annoying! :/

4 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I've had a serious problem with your mod,

I doubt very much if this mod is to blame as it contains no plugins or code . I need to see a copy of the KSP .log that links SMM to the error, no such problems have been reported in the past or from the test team who constantly review things