kerbal challange

normal mode:flyby  mun using nothing but mk 1 pod orange tank and rapier hard mode land on eve nothing but m1-2 command pod kerbodine s3-7200 tank and lv-n nerv engine no  debug menu no hyper edit  mods allowed ker kas mechjab 

Edited by igor290506
add more

"nothing but". Does this mean we can't use landing legs or gear? Also, what about a cockpit, or at least a command seat? Reaction wheels? Solar panels? Batteries?

Liking my post doesn't really answer my questions.

3 hours ago, igor290506 said:

normal mode:land on mun using nothing but orange tank and rapier hard mode land on eve nothing but kerbodine s3-7200 tank and lv-n nerv engine

Dude you gotta give us more than that! .-.

4 hours ago, Grenartia said:

"nothing but". Does this mean we can't use landing legs or gear? Also, what about a cockpit, or at least a command seat? Reaction wheels? Solar panels? Batteries?

mk1 command pod is exeseptable or external seat entry angle point at prograge  use mk16 parachute and solar panels

4 hours ago, Grenartia said:

flyby

Edited by igor290506

Given the lack of expanded information from the OP here, I'm going to assume that Speeding Mullet's suggestion was ignored and the link left un-clicked.  Thus, allow me to re-iterate the point, in part, without requiring you to click anything.

Is this challenge new?

This question gets a pass.  I haven't spotted anybody requesting that everybody try this specific task, so that's a go.  (If anybody else knows of a pre-existing version, do feel free to pipe in!)

Is this challenge possible?

No evidence that @igor290506 has even attempted what is being suggested.  Give us some screen-shots of your try at this, instead of just thinking "Hey, this would be cool" and throwing it out there.

Is this challenge fun?

I've personally gone to Duna and back on only Sparks and Twitches for the sake of a challenge, so I'm not one to judge anybody here on what they decide is or isn't fun.  :P

What are we trying to do?

Less than 2 lines of text, unformatted and unpunctuated, leave me little idea of exactly what's in the OP's mind.  I want to be excited about a challenge that makes me feel like something is, in some manner, the most Kerbal thing I've ever tried.  That's difficult when the person proposing the mission is putting in the absolute minimum effort to communicate with me what it is he wants to see me try.

How do we win this anyway?

Landing on the Mun with a three-part craft might be possible.  The three parts specified?  I'm not entirely certain, but I won't rule it out (somebody would certainly strive to prove me wrong if I called it impossible.  It's in our nature as players.)  If it can be pulled off, then how are we scoring this?  Most fuel left over on landing?  Shortest mission time at touchdown?  Is it just a "Hey, you did this, have your imaginary badge!" sort of deal?

@Speeding Mullet, and everybody asking questions, is trying to help you make this a challenge to last the ages-- or at least one that will attract a page or two worth of entries before it fades away.  As it stands, it's not there yet.  Meet us partway, here, and we might be able to craft something awe-inspiring.

You've missed the point that I was making.  A random number thrown out is of no use in judging entries against one another.  That being said, I've opened my game and slapped together a Mk. 1-2 Command Pod, one Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank, and a single RAPIER, which Mechjeb is happily telling me has a surface thrust-to-weight ratio of only 0.69, and this is Mechjeb giving me information about ideal conditions, not its actual thrust at sea level.  This specific 3-part vessel can't even leave the surface with a full tank.  If I give it only half a tank of fuel, it may be able to lift off, but without air intakes will only have enough delta-V to just barely reach LKO before it fizzles.  Interpreting the challenge more broadly, I add a shock-cone intake and give it a whirl-- a four-part vessel.

My test vessel finally achieves enough thrust to leave the launch pad only after it has burned down to roughly 550 units of fuel and 675ish units of oxidizer, and that's burning the rapier in its more powerful (from a standstill, anyway) closed-cycle mode.  This 4-part vessel has only 1,399 m/s of delta-V on board, calculating as if firing in a vacuum.  It cannot make it to the Mun, much less land there.

1 hour ago, Aetharan said:

You've missed the point that I was making.  A random number thrown out is of no use in judging entries against one another.  That being said, I've opened my game and slapped together a Mk. 1-2 Command Pod, one Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank, and a single RAPIER, which Mechjeb is happily telling me has a surface thrust-to-weight ratio of only 0.69, and this is Mechjeb giving me information about ideal conditions, not its actual thrust at sea level.  This specific 3-part vessel can't even leave the surface with a full tank.  If I give it only half a tank of fuel, it may be able to lift off, but without air intakes will only have enough delta-V to just barely reach LKO before it fizzles.  Interpreting the challenge more broadly, I add a shock-cone intake and give it a whirl-- a four-part vessel.

My test vessel finally achieves enough thrust to leave the launch pad only after it has burned down to roughly 550 units of fuel and 675ish units of oxidizer, and that's burning the rapier in its more powerful (from a standstill, anyway) closed-cycle mode.  This 4-part vessel has only 1,399 m/s of delta-V on board, calculating as if firing in a vacuum.  It cannot make it to the Mun, much less land there.

more engines mor more

try 2  l- vt  45 liquid fuel engine and 2orange tanks with a laucher and one rapier

22 minutes ago, igor290506 said:

more engines mor more

try 2  l- vt  45 liquid fuel engine and 2orange tanks with a laucher and one rapier

Three of us have now referenced the Challenge Submission Guide, with the last one to do so being a moderator.  You've still not modified the opening post to give us a clear idea even of what it is you're trying to get us to do, much less submitting any proof that what you desire is possible or providing a method for comparing different people's results in your challenge.  I'm washing my hands of this.  Good luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.