Breaking Gravity

Hi. I'm now addicted to this sim!!! Anyway, I think I have broken free of Earth's gravity. I am at roughly 88,000 km at a constant speed of 35573 m/s. I have not slowed down at all. My speed has been constant for over 30 minutes!!! I figure at about 400,000 km, I will be at the Moon's surface. Just another 3 hours! WOOOOOOHOOOOO! maybe this is a glitch? Has anyone else done this?

Hi, me again. I decided to stop when I hit 100,000 km. I hit a max G of 2725.9!!!!!! Holy Cow!! Well my retardo-nauts are still alive. Just wanted to show how much I've done. Thanks for checking this thread out!!! P.S. I still have not slowed down at all.

[WARNING] Severe case of no sleep causing aspergers ahoy. Read at your own risk. [/WARNING]

Woah, for a second I thought I was back in the minecraft forums.

OP, one exclamation point is nearly always capable of fully expressing your feelings without the 12 year old added into the mix.

And the mods you downloaded are broken as fuck, and rightfully so, as it's supposed to be a warp nacelle, which doesn't really fit into the rest of the game terribly well.

Also, there is no moon as of yet, hence the lack of moon when you gaze into the kerbal's space, and nothing in any of your posts are a glitch. Due to there being to sun (yet, right now it is but a picture in the sky), once you escape Kearth's gravity, you will not slow down.

Ever.

Everything before this line I still agree with. Everything after this line is just me being an ass, sorry about that.

On a side note, this isn't a blog. You don't need to 'Hi, me again' this and 'P.S.' that. It makes you sound like you don't belong, which you most likely don't. Come back in a month or so, when all the other 12 year olds have discovered KSP. By then this forum will be Minecraft Forums 2.0.

Actually, I'm already not liking roughly 1/2 of the community. I guess I'm just not one for forums. Ah well, back to

4chan's /v/ /g/ /a/ and /tg/

for me.

WAAA WHA WAAAAAAAH! :'(

180px-NoFunAllowed.jpg

HARUMPH. >:(

Well... aren't WE negative?

Despite the somewhat childishly excited tone, rwb1971 here DOES have a legitimate bug complaint. His addons are not to blame (though they DID help him to make it out far enough to discover it expediently).

Lighten up a little.

. . .

Actually, on second thought, go ahead and leave. It's probably for the best.

Woah, for a second I thought I was back in the minecraft forums.

OP, one exclamation point is nearly always capable of fully expressing your feelings without the 12 year old added into the mix.

And the mods you downloaded are broken as fuck, and rightfully so, as it's supposed to be a warp nacelle, which doesn't really fit into the rest of the game terribly well.

Also, there is no moon as of yet, hence the lack of moon when you gaze into the kerbal's space, and nothing in any of your posts are a glitch. Due to there being to sun (yet, right now it is but a picture in the sky), once you escape Kearth's gravity, you will not slow down.

Ever.

On a side note, this isn't a blog. You don't need to 'Hi, me again' this and 'P.S.' that. It makes you sound like you don't belong, which you most likely don't. Come back in a month or so, when all the other 12 year olds have discovered KSP. By then this forum will be Minecraft Forums 2.0.

Actually, I'm already not liking roughly 1/2 of the community. I guess I'm just not one for forums. Ah well, back to

4chan's /v/ /g/ /a/ and /tg/

for me.

[me=sirmonkey]waves...bye bye.. have fun with all the 12 year olds on 4chan, you won't be missed here. try growing up and not being an asshat.[/me]

Well... aren't WE negative?

Yeah, sometimes I'm a bit of a dick. Sorry about that, old chap.

rwb1971 here DOES have a legitimate bug complaint. His addons are not to blame...

I'm fairly sure it's not a bug at all. As I said before, with the lack of sun, once you're going fast enough, and you're far enough away from the earth, gravity would not affect you at all. If the KSP simulator is accurate (which it probably isn't at the moment, being so new), then it could take weeks, if not months or years, of running the sim for the speed to decrease due to gravity. Actually, it might never decrease, as the farther away you get from Kearth, the longer gravity takes you slow you down, giving you more time to get farther away, etc. And as there is no air in space (aside from the occasional stray hydrogen atom whose effect is negligible) to cause resistance, unless you hit something you'll never slow down. Unless of course you're talking about the G-force meter breaking, in which case it is a legitimate bug, but OP didn't actually mention that until later on, and was referring to not slowing down, which is normal.

Actually, on second thought, go ahead and leave. It's probably for the best.

My thoughts exactly, hence the low number of posts on my part. I'm only here for the mods, and the occasional good thread. I simply don't get along with the majority of people online, especially in a forum-like environment.

Have fun with all the 12 year olds 30 year olds with no life on 4chan.

Fixed that for you.

...Actually, considering it's summer, your original point seems to be most correct on the majority of boards.

You won't be missed here.

I feel hurt.

No, not really. The profound lack of being missed is mutual.

Try growing up and not being an asshat.

Reaching the age of maturity and asshattery are two entirely different concepts. Most adults remain asshats for the remainder of their lives, and I contend that a part of me will too.

I'm not always a dick, I usually try to be helpful and nice both to the people I can stand and can not. Sometimes, however, I snap. Sorry about that, probably should have snapped somewhere else.

while you guys argue about etiquette and what not, im going to show you my ship that has lasted the longest before hitting the gravipocalypse.

BB7Vz.png

Please note the 7.8 BILLION Gs and the speed of 831 KM/s. Total distance traveled is equivalent to 18 solar diameters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.