Project Ares: Alternate Earth History in Real Solar System

Felbourn

10 minutes ago, Pipcard said:

I'm loving this series, but how exactly did you configure clouds in RSS for KSP 1.1? I thought RVE only worked for 1.0.5?

There's a pretty good breakdown on how to do it in this post:

Edited by Torgo

I did what Torgo linked, plus I did some custom edits to CFG files that define the clouds to make them more cinematic. The default clouds are trying to be realistic. I sacrifice realism sometimes for the sake of fun, or for beauty.

I am using 1.1.3 KSP_x64.exe on Windows, installed the Linux branch of RVE (but used Scatterer from here instead of overwriting, and made the changes for RSS according to that post), and it seems to be working fine so far. Thanks!

The city textures are actually working, but I changed them to be blank as they were conflicting with some launchpad locations.

Edited by Pipcard

14 hours ago, Needs More Boosters said:

Bob, do you think 16 gigs of ddr3 ram is enough to run a game with all of the mods on the list without crashing instantaneously? 

It looks that way, yes:

XtPDWiN.png 

Sounds like this one:

MODEL
    {
        model = RealScaleBoosters/Parts/Ariane/RSBdecouplerArianeV
        scale = 0.69, 0.69, 0.69
        texture = RSBarianeV-Specular, Felbourn/Textures/RSBarianeV-Specular
    }

Hmm. I would not know about how Real Scale Launchers affects RSS since I only use the models, not the parts. As for those parts -- my parts -- I have them in git. I just need to eventually around to pushing them up to the hub. Yea, I will one day.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.