Give blocked wheels suspension

This is starting to get on my nerves. I cannot count the number of time where I hit the base of a hill (or the ground in general) too hard, had the wheels get pushed up, and now they're suddenly blocked and are locked in place. So now, despite the fact that the wheel was working fine 2 seconds ago, it's completely useless.

ive yet to check here in 1.1.3 but, in 1.1.2 i got the shock of a life time so to speak, I was landing my Goliath class shuttle and to my abject horror a NOSE WHEEL ON THE OUTSIDE of the ship was refusing to open all on account of a mechanic not one person wanted, that silly cannot deploy while stowed, the thing that makes soyuz style hot staging impossible, or makes com gear not operational because it came up in a cargo bay, or in my case, nose gear that in 1.0.4 worked fine, but now, <as of 112> doesnt. Sounds like an extension of the issue honestly :(

15 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

ive yet to check here in 1.1.3 but, in 1.1.2 i got the shock of a life time so to speak, I was landing my Goliath class shuttle and to my abject horror a NOSE WHEEL ON THE OUTSIDE of the ship was refusing to open all on account of a mechanic not one person wanted, that silly cannot deploy while stowed, the thing that makes soyuz style hot staging impossible, or makes com gear not operational because it came up in a cargo bay, or in my case, nose gear that in 1.0.4 worked fine, but now, <as of 112> doesnt. Sounds like an extension of the issue honestly :(

I get why they included it (deploying parachutes in a fairing is silly). But they need to fix staging things inside of fairings at the same time as you deploy the fairing so that it actually works. Also they need to fix the detection.

1 hour ago, Brownhair2 said:

I get why they included it (deploying parachutes in a fairing is silly). But they need to fix staging things inside of fairings at the same time as you deploy the fairing so that it actually works. Also they need to fix the detection.

Sadly, thats a thin excuse for such a terrible move on Squads part. Half the fun of this game is blowing things up in very unplanned ways or making mistakes like in your example of opening chutes in a fairing. I am a very BIG proponent of educational moments, and the check that blocks such moments from happening is disturbing. Worse yet when such a check utterly borks a craft because of something that is clearly in the OPEN being stopped as if its in a cargo bay. As a fun example, my Goliath Class Shuttle. I will show you 2 pictures, time interval between them is less than 20 seconds of real time. No reverts or anything of the like either. on the launch pad, the gear, all 3 rear AND the nose work. 20 seconds later and about 30 feet of flight show you that the game suddenly thinks a wheel that WORKED less than 20 seconds prior is NOW blocked.

On pad: 

BFmpEM9.png

20 seconds and 30 feet MAX:

rueNq5a.png

bad mechanic is bad mechanic, and i think its extended to our poor OP here. :( 

7 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

I had the same misfortune with a "falcon9" type ssto. The L-2 landing legs("big" ones) had their tips barely clipping the rocket cylinder when closed...then at landing i could not deploy, because apparently they were "stowed"...stowed into what?!:confused:

I agree with you, this stupid "no deploy while stowed" mechanic should disappear for good, it hasn't been useful even a single time in all my plays...
*runs away to gather Module Manager scripts that removes this from all parts...*

2 hours ago, StarStryder said:

@AlamoVampire you're getting confused between a bad mechanic and a bugged mechanic.  Also, educational moments are great, but where's the education when you open a chute inside a cargo bay and the chute works as expected, simply clipping straight through the solid walls of the bay?

Make the chute blow up the bay

i feel ya :( The whole mechanic of "Cant deploy while stowed" is STILL NOT REMOVED. Its grounded my Goliath Class Shuttle as its unsafe to fly it as it requires deploying my cargo doors IN ATMOSPHERE just to "convince" it that a wheel that is OUTSIDE isnt "stowed".

19 hours ago, Jarin said:

Any luck with this?

I have been using that piece since a few update ago, but it is only for engines. I was hoping that the same property could be found in Landing legs and Solar panels, but no luck:(
You will need the module manager mod, and also a text file called "whateverYouWant.cfg", then copy the code from that post in there.

I understand parachutes and RCS blocking, thats important exploitation points(if i open a solar panel in a cargo bay, I risk destroying it forever[also stupid, they should be repairable like wheels]). Anyway, when I open up the fairing for that Eve landing and the chute still complains about being stowed...

Honestly, I'd do away with it entirely. If I want to pay a "weight tax" and add a cargo bay to "shield" my RCS or parachutes, what's wrong with that? More realistic than just clipping them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.