What year is your game in?

THX1138

Mine is in year 41.

Is there any reason to try to be efficient in time warping? Like, I have multiple different transfers I want to do to and from Kerbin to all the different planets and I dislike the idea of picking one at random and using the planner to find out how far to warp time. I'd like to know which transfer is the soonest available but I think this inclination is probably irrational except that I need to be careful I can complete all my contracts in the time allowed. That might have been what got me in this habit. I have to keep going into the mission control to remind myself how much time I've got and bear in mind it will probably take multiple attempts before I don't screw one up.

I'd love a mod that gives an arrivals and departure board like a train station and I can see that the soonest window is Kerbin to Moho and I'll just do something with that.

Edited by THX1138

Just started Year 3, and I already have bases on the Mun and Minmus, have gone to Duna and have sent probes to Dres and Eve, and am currently doing a manned flight to Dres. Plus more. EAT YOUR HEART OUT NASA

EDIT: Kerbal Alarm Clock is great for doing multiple missions at the same time, if I understand your question correctly. You can use this site to find transfer windows and ejection burns.

Edited by Brownhair2

1 hour ago, Brownhair2 said:

Just started Year 3, and I already have bases on the Mun and Minmus, have gone to Duna and have sent probes to Dres and Eve, and am currently doing a manned flight to Dres. Plus more. EAT YOUR HEART OUT NASA

EDIT: Kerbal Alarm Clock is great for doing multiple missions at the same time, if I understand your question correctly. You can use this site to find transfer windows and ejection burns.

KAC is essential for doing multiple missions at the same time (I used to have a piece of paper...) but it won't help you to avoid missing windows. That website is also essential for me but in order to check what transfers are possible (I have craft waiting around a few different planets) I have to manually keep checking the different phase angles and then check in my game to see what planet is where and figure out which will be the next window; it's not remotely efficient.

Year -1.

I currently have chronic game non-starting disorder.

I've kind of fallen out of playing for now, so I'm just keeping track of which mods need updating for when I do start playing again.

Edited by razark

10. I sent a lot of manned missions to Ike, Dres, and Laythe. Ike because of the supposed Magic Boulder "return". Dres for the same reason, and Laythe because I got bored yesterday. Laythe was also the first mission that I ever used the inflatable heat shield to aerobrake

I'm currently nearly finished year 2 (not sure how I missed the first Duna window.  Presumably puttering around a long return from Minmus).

There is a weird effect when it looks like *every single planet* has a launch window right around year 3 day 200.  Expect a launch frenzy (mostly probes, but a manned mission to Duna).

Year 4, using Earth time, in my current save. Which would be about 13 or 14 Kerbal years.

I only did one pair of missions to outer planets, Jool and Titanus in my modded system. It's those kind of missions that tend to take time. Trips to inner planets are relatively quick.

When it comes to the *really* far away stuff, I'll try and get there fairly directly. No Hohmanning about.

Last few days of year one - just  been to Kerbin orbit, but a lot.

Just doing rescue and tour mission I unlocked all the buildings, rescued 52 Kerbals, 2mil funds, 80+ rep. I hopped every biom and squeezed approx 700 science out of an orbital lab zooming through the rest of the year.

A bit of a grind, but usually the last real work I do in career. The rest of the grinding is usually self induced.

Edited by SorryDave

I found this screeshot of a 91 years worth of debris:

Spoiler

yx1NFg2.png

I'm sure I've had some way longer running programs but I have no proof.

My current game is on year 3 since I went full spaceplane for the last few years (real time :D) and I mostly design -> fly -> revert -> design another... etc. or play with BDA (sadly seems discontinued so I don't really want to play KSP anymore).

Edited by theend3r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.