[1.1.3] 4x Kerbol system + clouds + OPM

Angorek

About

Re-edition of mod that I made 1 year ago. 

It is a simple pack that makes stock planets and their orbits 4 times bigger. Stock system gets boring after some time, and RSS is too hard for most of the people. So I made it 4 times bigger, it`s still playable with stock parts but gives a nice challenge. Outer Planets Mod compatible. I`ve also added modified Stock Visual Enhancements config for clouds. 

3xjq6q0.png

tPtrDx2.png

rs5nCeQ.png

Required mods : 

- Kopernicus 1.1.1 (included)

Recommended mods : 

Distant object enhancement

Stock Visual Enhancement

Planet shine

Texture replacer

Exdraxial HD planets textures

Rareden`s skybox or any other of your choice. 

- Scatterer  (might not work with all the features. I play with disabled godrays) 

BIG THANKS TO GUYS WHO MADE THIS MODS 

DOWNLOADhttp://spacedock.info/mod/796/Kerbol system 4x + clouds + OPM

Installation guide : 

1. Start from a "clean", mod free game, or backup your saves and make sure you have no other Kopernicus or visual mods.

2. Download and install all the recommended mods you want.

3. Open rar file and you will see 4 folders :

- Gamedata - copy its content to your Gamedata folder. Contains only Kopernicus and rescale configs.

- Visual fix - Fix for Stock Visual Enhancement. 

-Outer Planets Mod fix -Fix for OPM. Keeps original settings, it only makes orbits 4 times bigger to match other planets. 

-Optional configs - contains two files : mass.cfg which reduces parts mass to 70% and Solar Panels.cfg which reduces solar panels power to 12%. Copy them to Gamedata if you want.

Future plans :

None. I`m not a mod maker, I`m just customizing KSP for myself, and I`m sharing this config as some people from facebook group liked it :wink:  

Licence

Do whatever you want with this, as long as you respect licences from used mods. 

Edited by Angorek

I'd love to use that mod for the visuals and the sense of scale. Though I'm not a fan of having to use a Saturn V to send a cubesat to space (slightly exaggerated but you know..). Does anyone know a way to have such a mod and still be able to send kerbal-level payloads to orbit?

4 hours ago, milosv123344 said:

I am currently playing with RSS , any edits i can make to use the clouds on real planet earth? It would mean everything to me!

Install SVE + my fix,  then go to orbit (using hyperedit for example) and open GUI with Alt+0. You can change clouds parameters there. You can change between plugins for city lights, atmo, etc, with horizontal arrows so find the one that makes clouds. Now you should see buttons named Kerbin-Cirrus, Kerbin-Clouds Volume etc. these are clouds layers. You can click them and edit below, I suggest editing DetailScale parameter :wink: (I can`t help you much, I basically just change random values and see what happens, until it looks good :D ) After changing anyhing click apply to load changes, and save if you ar happy with the result to change it permanently. 

19 minutes ago, svendii said:

I'd love to use that mod for the visuals and the sense of scale. Though I'm not a fan of having to use a Saturn V to send a cubesat to space (slightly exaggerated but you know..). Does anyone know a way to have such a mod and still be able to send kerbal-level payloads to orbit?

The thing is you can play with stock parts ! In stock system you need about 4000dV to reach orbit, here you need about 5000-5500dV. But it requires more skill to reach space. If it is too hard, you can use the mass.cfg file included, that will reduce your parts weight to 70%, increasing dV :wink: You can change the value by opening this file in notepad. Now it`s 0.7, where 1 is 100% of original value.

Edited by Angorek

10 minutes ago, Angorek said:

The thing is you can play with stock parts ! In stock system you need about 4000dV to reach orbit, here you need about 5000. But it requires more skill to reach space. If it is too hard, you can use the mass.cfg file included, that will reduce your parts weight to 70%, increasing dV :wink: You can change the value by opening this file in notepad. Now it`s 0.7, where 1 is 100% of original value.

Wow it even says it right there :D Will try this tomorrow.
Also just noticed that in the Kerbol4x.cfg it says @Body[Vaal] instead of @Body[Vall]

@Angorek I tried the mod and have to say it looks awesome.

About the mass reduction config: I'm not sure whether reducing the mass is the best way to increase dV (for example it also changes the TWR). A better way might be to increase the Isp. As far as I understand this should leave everything as it is but the engines will use less fuel. Not saying you have to change it but I might try this myself later.

@DivisionByZero Just the orbits.

Edit : I`ve just uploaded second update. Eeloo orbit is now fixed, also Kerbin is now resized to 2500m radius instead of 2400. Seems like it fixed bug with warp between 70-100km. (cannot warp during acceleration pop-up) 

Edited by Angorek

@Angorek Spent the afternoon figuring out how module manager works. Found a way to increase the Isp :D Writing those lines took way too long but it was worth it. You can add it to your mod if you like.

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]]

{

@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
    {

@atmosphereCurve
    {
        @key,*[1, ] *= 1.3
    }

}

}

Cheers!

On 6/28/2016 at 9:09 AM, Angorek said:

-Outer Planets Mod fix -Fix for OPM. Keeps original settings, it only makes orbits 4 times bigger to match other planets. 

I started a sandbox without reading this.  This is the first time I have used OPM and I expecting them to be 4 time larger. Shocked me to see Sarnus is only twice the size of 4x Kerbin, then I read the above quote.  What caused you to keep OPM planets' radii the same?

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.