Kerbals Stuck Boarding after fairing deployment.

KSP Version: v1.1.3.1289 (Windows x64)

What Happens: After deploying an Airstream Protective Shell if a Kerbal goes on EVA it will be stuck when boarding. Can't switch to the stuck kerbal but can control the ship, but the crew.

Mods / Add-Ons: All Stock

Steps to Replicate:
1. Create a vehicle composed of a Command pod (I tried both the Mk1 and Mk1-2) and an Airstream protective Shell (tried the 1.25 and 2.5 respectively).

2. Launch vehicle.

3. Deploy fairing.

4. EVA and Board.

Happens every single time on a clean install and new sandbox save.

Result: Kerbal gets stuck while boarding, and you can't control him again. Since he is on the ladder you can't move to Space Center without losing progress.

Fixes/Workarounds:

- If you go to Space center and come back to ship (reloading the ship) after deploying the fairing the bug will not happen anymore.

Ahhhhh!  So it's the fairing causing this.  Well, I'm not going to stop using fairings but it makes sense because I've done a lot of EVA's without issue before I unlocked fairings without issue.  But this issue has been happening recently and I think all of those ships had fairings.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, avalancha said:

Started up Keepass and logged in just to upvote this thread! Thanks for confirming I'm not going crazy here. Can confirm this, very annoying

Update 1.1.3a.1:

• Deprecated several modules (that have been incorporated into stock)
  • Added a small fix for non-responsive kerbal EVA lights
  • Added fix for fairings that was causing kerbals to get stuck on EVA and docking ports to break (becoming perma-stuck).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.