Intel graphics adapter issue?

In earlier versions, I had an occasional "semi-crash" where my screen went black for a few seconds, then came back on, with a "bubble" notification that my Intel Graphics Adapter had stopped and restarted, but it appears to be happening much more frequently in 1.1.3 (multiple times per session).  I do not know that it is anything specifically wrong with KSP 1.1.3, since the game itself does not crash at those times-- might just be that it's a bit too much for my crappy graphics card-- but I've done all I can to update drivers, etc., and I'm not really certain what I can do, if anything.  Can anyone offer me some not-too-technical pointers on what could be my issue and how to try to correct it (barring purchasing a new PC, which is on my to-do list, but not for a little while)?

There may be some things you can do, but you need to post more info so that people can offer good advice. Read the "how to get support" sticky posts at the top of both the modded and unmodded support forums. In addition to those guidelines, support for hardware related items like you describe can be improved by posting the settings.cfg file from your KSP install along with a dxdiag report of you system. And, I'll warn you straight up, while it is possible to get the game to run on cheaper and older systems, it ain't easy. It's gonna take time and patience and persistence. It's often just better to use that same amount of time to earn some cash and buy better hardware.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.